Class of 2018 - PF Bryce Golden (MD) to Butler | Page 31 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PF Bryce Golden (MD) to Butler

This is just sad now it’s only getting worse and worse with recruiting and more bad news will come with Stewart and girardii
Please stop. This kid was by far more important on this board than he was to our coaching staff. He was a lot more of a Butler player than a Syracuse player. We didn't recruit him early for a reason. He would have been a nice to have. Don't put him anywhere near the recruit that Stewart is. We will do fine this year.

The sky isn't falling. This kid would hardly of played here this year. I wish he would have come here. But Hughes is a good player that will swing back and forth from the guard to the forward spot. There of course will be the over reaction here.

Next year we have no depth at forward.
Playing Dolezaj and Brissett 40 a game for the whole season isn't good.
Hughes has to be a forward his length negates what was suppose to be length at top.
Also Brissett is likely gone after next year which means we won’t a forward on the roster developing for that spot in 2020.
This loss was huge we need Braswell or another body.
Depth is a big problem. Not just to play them but develop.

Playing guys 40 in the tournament is fine but playing guys 40 during the season will wear them down.

that wasn't my point.

Please stop. This kid was by far more important on this board than he was to our coaching staff. He was a lot more of a Butler player than a Syracuse player. We didn't recruit him early for a reason. He would have been a nice to have. Don't put him anywhere near the recruit that Stewart is. We will do fine this year.

Dasher it’s pretty obvious we aren’t getting Stewart either. Why are we bothering with this kid?

Don’t hold your breath on Stewart coming to Syracuse.

The sky isn't falling. This kid would hardly of played here this year. I wish he would have come here. But Hughes is a good player that will swing back and forth from the guard to the forward spot. There of course will be the over reaction here.

Carey to 2, Hughes to 3, and Brissett to 4 and they'll get out in space.

It’s not sky is failing I still think we will make the tournament as I think Brissett will take a leap and we have guard depth.
The problem is our staff has to recruit another player in 2019 which Golden could have negated.
We really should be looking for a natural forward. If we aren’t going to get another recruit atleast find a forward transfer.

Anyone want to be me money we go into next year with the current 9 on our roster?
I think that will be it unless Battle comes back. But that won't be the worst thing. I like our team.

He was pretty important. We have two legit forwards on the roster. Hughes is not capable of playing the 4. Maybe he can play the 3, yes.

He was pretty important. We have two legit forwards on the roster. Hughes is not capable of playing the 4. Maybe he can play the 3, yes.
He wasn't pretty important. Hughes can and will play the 3 and Marek and OB can play the 4. He was a nice to have. Nothing more.

This is not so much about his playing time next year, as much as building depth. We have very little and it would be nice getting guys back in the program that can pay dividends down the road a bit. I don't think people are saying the sky is falling over this one miss, but it has been a series of misses over the past few years. It's frustrating for sure.

Seems like if what we need is a body, we should be able to get a grad transfer that fits the bill.

This is not so much about his playing time next year, as much as building depth. We have very little and it would be nice getting guys back in the program that can pay dividends down the road a bit. I don't think people are saying the sky is falling over this one miss, but it has been a series of misses over the past few years. It's frustrating for sure.
I can buy that. But the kid might also have been recruited over

He wasn't pretty important. Hughes can and will play the 3 and Marek and OB can play the 4. He was a nice to have. Nothing more.

It’s not the player, it’s filling a need. We need another true forward. Golden's skilled enough and would’ve filled that void.

Last edited:
It’s not the player, it’s filling a need. We need another true forward. Golden's killed enough and would’ve filled that void.
A bit over rated considering the way our coach likes to coach.

Gonna be another round of transfers (not many, if any grad transfers). Might be a traditional transfer available that at least can practice with the team

I think that will be it unless Battle comes back. But that won't be the worst thing. I like our team.

That’s fine. I think we are short handed again. Maybe if we are on the bubble again this year people will admit we have problems.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom