Class of 2019 - PF/C Dimon Carrigan (MA/JUCO) to FIU then WVU | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF/C Dimon Carrigan (MA/JUCO) to FIU then WVU

Screenshot_20170828-162544.png

1) is that legitimately Carrigan? ; and 2) if so, why is this good news, since "waiting" usually isn't about finding the right fit?

It is his IG...pretty certain it's legitimate. And I never implied that It was good news...if anything I think it kinda stinks he's waiting until then...certainly gives roberts a chance to commit to us first.

Bazely is doing some recruiting for us...

Moyer and Bazely remind me of a great tag team of recruiting. Maybe OttoInGrotto can come up with his first ever combined nickname? Speaking of OIG, how is Dimon pronounced? I wouldnt mind collaborating with Otto to get a head start on this nickname thing.

Like others have said, Carrigan would be like having Ronnie Lott or Romo roaming around the defensive backfield, to give your game more flexibility in other areas. In Nate's thread I mentioned that I think he might actually have a higher ceiling for his overall game, but I have no idea what the odds are of him reaching it or even approaching it. Dimon seems like a possible plug and play guy, already proven. Any chance at all we could sign both? Does Francis still read the board?

Should we take the no talk of a visit as a lack of interest on Dimon's end, being he already has visits set up elsewhere? Or does he have a silent love for the Cuse already, and just sets up these visits to see if any other suitors are worth knocking them off the throne? Has Francis answered that yet?

Moyer and Bazely remind me of a great tag team of recruiting. Maybe OttoInGrotto can come up with his first ever combined nickname? Speaking of OIG, how is Dimon pronounced? I wouldnt mind collaborating with Otto to get a head start on this nickname thing.

Like others have said, Carrigan would be like having Ronnie Lott or Romo roaming around the defensive backfield, to give your game more flexibility in other areas. In Nate's thread I mentioned that I think he might actually have a higher ceiling for his overall game, but I have no idea what the odds are of him reaching it or even approaching it. Dimon seems like a possible plug and play guy, already proven. Any chance at all we could sign both? Does Francis still read the board?

Should we take the no talk of a visit as a lack of interest on Dimon's end, being he already has visits set up elsewhere? Or does he have a silent love for the Cuse already, and just sets up these visits to see if any other suitors are worth knocking them off the throne? Has Francis answered that yet?
BazMo!

This is intriguing.

Does anyone know any actual info on Carrigan????
Francis and Dasher have some good info, and it seems unlikely at this point that we'll get Carrigan. Roberts seems more likely to come to SU.

Does any one know why Verbal Commits has Dimon Carrigan (JUCO) as a 2017 low interest to Syracuse??

Carrigan hasn't been very active on his Twitter account lately, but his last 2 posts have been retweets about Bazely and Goodine.
I love this kid but refuse to get my hopes up. I will stand by my initial statement that I just want Carey now. If we have a class that has Carey, Bazely, Boeheim and let's say Roberts I'm excited. Anything above would just be icing.

Curious... why do many share the belief that we won't get the young man? Looking at his offer list, that's disappointing. I would think that he would be ours if we wanted him based on the other schools in the mix. What am I missing here?

Curious... why do many share the belief that we won't get the young man? Looking at his offer list, that's disappointing. I would think that he would be ours if we wanted him based on the other schools in the mix. What am I missing here?
Whether we want him...

Whether we want him...
Yeah, but I've read several posts in this thread and in the Roberts thread where people have said that they don't think we have as good of a shot getting him as we do Roberts.

Take this post for instance...

We need to get this guy in for a visit. He has visits scheduled with UConn and Houston in September. Clemson is listed as a leader in his recruitment.

Last edited:
Yeah, but I've read several posts in this thread and in the Roberts thread where people have said that they don't think we have as good of a shot getting him as we do Roberts.

Take this post for instance...
I will simply refer you over to Francis03 most recent podcast, for the update on all things Carrigan. Definitely worth the $1 a month.