Class of 2018 - PF/C Osun Osunniyi (CT) to St. Bonaventure | Page 45 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PF/C Osun Osunniyi (CT) to St. Bonaventure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently you missed this:
I will answer this question and Bees question, after my questions get answered. I find it interesting that you've chosen to focus on this small section of my last post, despite it including positives about the staff and JB's coaching. Maybe, I'm not the negative one. In fact I'd venture to bet that I could write a list of 20 things I love about Syracuse hoops/staff and y'all would still quote only the one critical part. Unfortunate, really.

That's unacceptable. ;)

Let us all know how you would have landed Osun. We will wait.

That's unacceptable. ;)

Let us all know how you would have landed Osun. We will wait.
You will be waiting for a long time, because I want my questions answered first. But go ahead and say I can't answer you, and all the normal stuff you all usually do. I don't care. Truth is, if you go back far enough, I've already made suggestions in this very thread.

You will be waiting for a long time, because I want my questions answered first. But go ahead and say I can't answer you, and all the normal stuff you all usually do. I don't care. Truth is, if you go back far enough, I've already answered that question in this very thread.
Then tell us, or link it. No one wants to go back through 45 pages of posts.

Then tell us, or link it. No one wants to go back through 45 pages of posts.
I will answer this question and Bees question, after my questions get answered. I find it interesting that you've chosen to focus on this small section of my last post, despite it including positives about the staff and JB's coaching. Maybe, I'm not the negative one. In fact I'd venture to bet that I could write a list of 20 things I love about Syracuse hoops/staff and y'all would still quote only the one critical part. Unfortunate, really.

I don't have time to go back and search either... but I promise it's there. I'm going to put my feet up now. Long day at work.

I didn't miss it. I read it. I just don't see an answer in there as to how you would have landed Osun, which was the question to you.

I didn't miss it. I read it. I just don't see an answer in there as to how you would have landed Osun, which was the question to you.
As I already stated, I'm going to let my questions get answered first. Gotta run. I'll try to peek back later to see if anyone is brave enough.

As I already stated, I'm going to let my questions get answered first. Gotta run. I'll try to peek back later to see if anyone is brave enough.
Not quite sure why, if you 'already answered the question in this thread', you would 'need your questions answered first'.
upload_2018-5-22_20-28-18.gif

Indeed. Because you have no answer. Check mate friend.
You conveniently left out an important part of that statement, and did EXACTLY as I called it:
You will be waiting for a long time, because I want my questions answered first. But go ahead and say I can't answer you, and all the normal stuff you all usually do.
CHECK MATE MY FRIEND

For the record I have a typed response to your question and I will submit it as soon as I get answers to my questions.

Last edited:
There wasn’t one. It’s just fake news made up to lessen the blow of losing him and to protect Gerry and give him an excuse.

It's amazing how quickly some of you can pivot. This kind of stuff is typically for the political banter on the OT board. As for your earlier point.. no it's not frustrating more comical that when challenged , the answer comes in a circular reference or talking about other posters etc etc. Plain and simple if this is your manner of venting out against a frustrating past 4 seasons then let's call it what it is vs trying to force some kind of point or conclusion that isn't really there.

We are all frustrated with a lack of results and drama around the program which is much thanks to probation. Nothing wrong with admitting that. I don't however get the food critic approach to everything SU hoops as though there is honestly a solution or true cause beyond just the fact it blows we aren't where we were pre ACC.

It's amazing how quickly some of you can pivot. This kind of stuff is typically for the political banter on the OT board. As for your earlier point.. no it's not frustrating more comical that when challenged , the answer comes in a circular reference or talking about other posters etc etc. Plain and simple if this is your manner of venting out against a frustrating past 4 seasons then let's call it what it is vs trying to force some kind of point or conclusion that isn't really there.

We are all frustrated with a lack of results and drama around the program which is much thanks to probation. Nothing wrong with admitting that. I don't however get the food critic approach to everything SU hoops as though there is honestly a solution or true cause beyond just the fact it blows we aren't where we were pre ACC.

Why would multiple people use it as a reason he didn’t come here? This coach who doesn’t even have a name has been mentioned countless times, has been mentioned as actively recruiting this kid for Bona and has a strong relationship with him. But he has no name, not been hired and not one person can respond to the questions about him but have no problem citing this coach as a reason why he went to the Bonnie’s until I called it out five times and different excuses have been used.

I like the fact that you acknowledge that the frustration is justified, and the fact that you admit that we aren't what we were pre-ACC. Wow, if I posted that I'd be asked to write a dissertation to defend myself. LOL

Why would multiple people use it as a reason he didn’t come here? This coach who doesn’t even have a name has been mentioned countless times, has been mentioned as actively recruiting this kid for Bona and has a strong relationship with him. But he has no name, not been hired and not one person can respond to the questions about him but have no problem citing this coach as a reason why he went to the Bonnie’s until I called it out five times and different excuses have been used.

Reality is it doesn't matter and most likely playing time and ability to jump in to make an impact right away was key. Plus SBU is a much quieter less visual school and maybe that was attractive to him. When you look at other schools that had interest he had his pick of power schools courting him. If it was truly a loss by our staff it doesn't add up. I mean aside from Gerry pulling a stepbrothers like stunt during a sit-down with Osun and his family.

Just give us two healthy centers this season and it's all water under the orange bridge.

PT

marek has already demonstrated that he's viable in that role

in terms of playing time, oo would have had a syracuse career track somewhere between chinonso obokoh and billy celuck, imo

You're just pulling that out of nowhere. He was MVP of the Championship Game of the elite New England prep league. He had something like 27 and 14. He's not chopped liver, neither is Bonnies' program. Taurean Thompson was a late bloomer, late get, too. This is the same league that gave us Lydon, Southerland, Fair, Buddy and so many more. Good chance that he's a player, too, IMO.

Last edited:
You're just pulling that out of nowhere. He was MVP of the Championship Game of the elite New England prep league. He had something like 27 and 14. He's not chopped liver, neither is Bonnies' program. Taurean Thompson was a late bloomer, late get, too. This is the same league that gave us Lydon, Southerland, Fair, Buddy and so many more. Good chance that he's a player, too, IMO.
i was comparing the playing time he'd get, not the skill level.
he's good. but it's about context; the guys in front of him & likely behind him are better. i consistently believed since he popped up on our radar that he'd rarely play if he came to syracuse & eventually transfer.

I don't have time to go back and search either... but I promise it's there. I'm going to put my feet up now. Long day at work.
You can post 20 things that YOU love about Syracuse hoops because YOU are a Syracuse hoops fan.

You're not an 18 year old recruit trying to decide if he should choose a school that already has two centers for 2018.
You're not an 18 year old recruit trying to decide if he should choose a school that is actively recruiting and is a favorite for a 5 star player at the position for 2019.

But I'm sure you cried about Duke landing Tucker because "he won't get playing time there!"

I like the fact that you acknowledge that the frustration is justified, and the fact that you admit that we aren't what we were pre-ACC. Wow, if I posted that I'd be asked to write a dissertation to defend myself. LOL

Nah. The simplicity of it is that it's based on results in the regular season and it ends there. The causes are varied and where the craziness gets is dissecting every single recruiting event, every staff member and every philosophy and purposely picking holes as a coping mechanism. Then when you really look around, the reality is we are dealing with probation, attrition by draft and by difficult parents along with a bad string of luck with injuries. All of those are tangible reasons for a program to struggle. We all acknowledge those and the lack of results that clearly have us behind pre ACC levels and more on par with the Watkins/Trob etc years.

So then comes this constant battering and criticism of every recruiting endeavor , every recruits or players decision and every non activity of pursuing other recruits as the previous and continued reason we are in the state we are. There is far more evidence of what I previously laid out as the cause of our struggles. Injuries as a reason to recruit over a kid are a fans view but I'm sure BS would be thrilled if we were selling playing time to OO on the premise the other guy is probably injured or OO would be happy to be lied to if given other reasons to come here. I'm sure a dozen recruits we missed on in other cycles would have kept us at expected levels just as UK's run of recruiting dominance has brought title after title and 1 seed after 1 seed...

The future isn't Rosy until it actually is, hence it's far more results than the process. Very few saw the run of reg season dominance when we got Wes for a year and in fact many said let's temper expectations... Then we went nuts. It's a roller coaster when you aren't one of the 6-7 programs that are true blue bloods.

For the record I have a typed response to your question and I will submit it as soon as I get answers to my questions.

No you didn't, and no you won't. It's a straightforward question, one that should be very easy for you to answer. And you don't have one, obviously.

Unacceptable! :)

No you didn't, and no you won't. It's a straightforward question, one that should be very easy for you to answer. And you don't have one, obviously.

Unacceptable! :)
It's you all that won't answer my questions, which I posed first. Unacceptable. ;)
We can keep typing back and forth like this forever if you choose. I have a job to get to, and people to care for and help get better. Far more important things that snarling with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.