Class of 2018 - PF/C Osun Osunniyi (CT) to St. Bonaventure | Page 31 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PF/C Osun Osunniyi (CT) to St. Bonaventure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only questions 4 and 5 can be answered factually. The others are open to debate and opinion.

1/2: " Seem" doesnt allow for a factual answer.
3: Because he has more recruits that dont select SU?
4: I believe he is completing his third year.
5: JB.

And as a follow up to your #3 answer. According to most sites it looks like we offered about 20 kids in this class. Were they all gmac recruits?

Someone mentioned the family of SU basketball in another post, and I hope the kid can see that. One need only look at the former players who work for Coach B. Then look at things like the players who play together on Boeheim’s Army. He will never get that at Bonaventure. Who is their coach anyway? How many coaches have they had?

“How are recruits assigned?”

What a dumb question.

We recruit guys because our coaches build relationships with the player. If gmac doesn’t build a relationship we have zero chance.

I can’t believe people are still giving him grief over the Quade debacle.

I decided to look and see who his dad follows and what some of his tweets say. I think OO really loves Florida. Not only is it the first program that OO followed awhile back, but his dad did too and as recently as 2 1/2 weeks ago his dad tried to reach out on twitter asking Florida to recruit OO.

In looking at OOs twitter the very last person he started following was GMac. But he’s been following St Bonnie’s twitter for a long time. Can’t tell why but it appears it may have been while he was commited to lasalle. I’m saying 80-20 st Bonnie.

Yea I try not to take too much away from social media...but sometimes it is helpful. I saw the Florida stuff as well and was wondering if maybe the family lives in gator country or something? Want their kid closer to them so they can watch him play? Does anyone even know where osun is actually from? Also didnt like that he follows bonnies basketball and not anything cuse related except gmac. Feel like this one ends up him wearing that turd brown color.

And as a follow up to your #3 answer. According to most sites it looks like we offered about 20 kids in this class. Were they all gmac recruits?
Obviously not.

Someone mentioned the family of SU basketball in another post, and I hope the kid can see that. One need only look at the former players who work for Coach B. Then look at things like the players who play together on Boeheim’s Army. He will never get that at Bonaventure. Who is their coach anyway? How many coaches have they had?

It’s Syracuse vs. St. Bonaventure. Pretty much everything favors Syracuse.

Unless he really wants to start right away at a rinky dink school that plays mid-level D-1 hoops.

Or if he’s like an Adonal Foyle who has some weird connection to said rinky dink school.

SerpentineFloweryHuia-max-1mb.gif

Well st Bonnie’s did beat us this year so he’s got that to fall back on. I think he will go to Bonnie’s and I think we should pursue the 2019 recruits and move on. Akok Akok come on down! Stewart and JG good luck at Duke

I owe the readers of this thread an apology. I can be strong willed, hard headed, and opinionated. And I have a big personality that can be sometimes hard for some to handle. BUT, I love Syracuse basketball. I also think it's a very important quality to hold one's opinions when you believe you are right, whether that be on a a political board, or a sports board. I think way too many people get bullied into changing a belief because they want popularity. Or, some people post what they think others want to hear to brown nose. That will never be me. I think people should be able to coexist with differing opinions. Hearing viewpoints that differ from our own is how we grow and evolve in the human race. I don't understand the lopsided censorship. C'est la vie. Peace... -Jazz

Last edited:
Well st Bonnie’s did beat us this year so he’s got that to fall back on. I think he will go to Bonnie’s and I think we should pursue the 2019 recruits and move on. Akok Akok come on down! Stewart and JG good luck at Duke

So what? Cleveland St. once beat us in a December regular season game in a year that we made the sweet 16 too. That has zero relevance to the big picture of what these two respective programs are.

We’re a big dog that can go to a final four or a sweet 16 in a bad season, that puts guys in the NBA every single season.

They’re a scrappy mid-major that puts out a pretty good basketball team with a very low ceiling(round 1 of the NCAAs) about once or twice a decade.

This thread :(. He announces tomorrow right? No need for me to waste energy and effort on this when I can enjoy the weekend and find out tomorrow evening.

SUball
Monday evening.

I owe the readers of this thread an apology. I can be strong willed, hard headed, and opinionated. And I have a big personality that can be sometimes hard for some to handle. BUT, I love Syracuse basketball. I also think it's a very important quality to hold one's opinions when you believe you are right, whether that be on a a political board, or a sports board. I think way too many people get bullied into changing a belief because they want popularity. Or, some people post what they think others want to hear to brown nose. That will never be me. I think people should be able to coexist with differing opinions. Hearing viewpoints that differ from our own is how we grow and evolve in the human race. I don't understand the lopsided censorship. C'est la vie. Peace... -Jazz
Stop apologizing and explaining yourself 1,000 times already. You don’t owe anything to anyone you just look soft by repeatedly doing so.

Stop apologizing and explaining yourself 1,000 times already. You don’t owe anything to anyone you just look soft by repeatedly doing so.

Ha...he needs to stick to this guy's mantra... :)

Then give me your opinion on one and two. And yes, I will give you the correct answers at the end.
Im not sure but possibly because he seems to tag along with JB to assist him?
As to 2 because someone from the board is close to gmac and we have greater insight to his recruits?

“How are recruits assigned?”

What a dumb question.

We recruit guys because our coaches build relationships with the player. If gmac doesn’t build a relationship we have zero chance.

I can’t believe people are still giving him grief over the Quade debacle.
Its not dumb. In Football they are assigned territories. You build relationships with HS coaches and league coaches. Those relationships lead to an opportunity to build one with the player but it doesn't normally start with the player.

Its not dumb. In Football they are assigned territories. You build relationships with HS coaches and league coaches. Those relationships lead to an opportunity to build one with the player but it doesn't normally start with the player.

I don't think basketball recruiting is as closely associated with a player's school because of how much the top recruits move around. Seems like they tend to be more closely aligned with an AAU program and the AAU coach may have more influence with the kid. But how many top kids played as freshmen or sophomores at the same school where play when they are eligible to sign an LOI?

Oshae Brisset for instance was a Canadian High School player that played at Findlay Prep in Nevada?

I don't think basketball recruiting is as closely associated with a player's school because of how much the top recruits move around. Seems like they tend to be more closely aligned with an AAU program and the AAU coach may have more influence with the kid. But how many top kids played as freshmen or sophomores at the same school where play when they are eligible to sign an LOI?

Oshae Brisset for instance was a Canadian High School player that played at Findlay Prep in Nevada?
Very good point. I guess AAU would be the key vs HS

Status
Not open for further replies.