Class of 2018 - PF/C Osun Osunniyi (CT) to St. Bonaventure | Page 35 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PF/C Osun Osunniyi (CT) to St. Bonaventure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Japan
19e5c2.jpg

Geez...losing this kid is not THAT big of a deal.

I feel like the impact of the loss [assuming he picks SB] is more about the following season -- when not only Chukwu graduates, but also we could face substantial off-season attrition.

Would have been nice to get a guy in and have him ready to hit the ground running / ascend into a more prominent role in his second year, instead of having to bring in a huge class of 2019. I'd really like to see us return to having more high upside four year players now that sanctions are lifted.

I feel like the impact of the loss [assuming he picks SB] is more about the following season -- when not only Chukwu graduates, but also we could face substantial off-season attrition.

Would have been nice to get a guy in and have him ready to hit the ground running / ascend into a more prominent role in his second year, instead of having to bring in a huge class of 2019. I'd really like to see us return to having more high upside four year players now that sanctions are lifted.

Agreed but I’m sure they can get somebody more highly rated and ready to contribute even if he is a developmental guy. Of course the bigs take longer to develop but we can’t afford to be taking too many projects, IMO, and expect to be better than the bubble tier of the ACC. This guy is a project and so is Braswell but there is more intrigue with Braswell. Just my opinion.

Agreed but I’m sure they can get somebody more highly rated and ready to contribute even if he is a developmental guy. Of course the bigs take longer to develop but we can’t afford to be taking too many projects, IMO, and expect to be better than the bubble tier of the ACC. This guy is a project and so is Braswell but there is more intrigue with Braswell. Just my opinion.

I don't think he's nearly as much of a project as how you're categorizing him.

Did you see Mike Waters's description of this guy on Brent Axe's show [I believe]?

I don't think he's nearly as much of a project as how you're categorizing him.

Did you see Mike Waters's description of this guy on Brent Axe's show [I believe]?

Did not see/hear it. I’ll check it out. But, yes, makes 2019 very important in terms of hitting on a big assuming he does choose Bonnies.

The one thing I don't think really makes sense is..this random guy (maybe he isn't random? but) posts the decision already as a definite...just not making sense

Is he the appetizer or dessert?

This guy looks like just a fan -- why should we put any stock in what he has to say?

Not suggesting that the prediction will end up being wrong, just that this guy doesn't appear to be a sports writer or anybody who would be in the know.

This guy looks like just a fan -- why should we put any stock in what he has to say?

Not suggesting that the prediction will end up being wrong, just that this guy doesn't appear to be a sports writer or anybody who would be in the know.
Isn't there some sort of rule that says you can't use Twitter to spread false information?

Decommitted from one A10 school to attend another.

Not everyone wants to be on Broadway. Some people like acting in community theater on the weekends.
Wait, was St John's recruiting him? ;)

Osun could have tested himself against a better caliber of player in the ACC. He’d be going up against big men from Duke, Carolina, Louisville and others.

His choice.
3rd stringers rarely get off the bench against opponents of that caliber

I thought he was at one time on local radio here. Might be wrong but his name is very familiar.

Status
Not open for further replies.