Class of 2018 - PF/C Osun Osunniyi (CT) to St. Bonaventure | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PF/C Osun Osunniyi (CT) to St. Bonaventure

Status
Not open for further replies.
If not for the scholarship crunch, my opinion is that BJ could have and would have stayed at SU.
Agreed. And if he had only redshirted as a freshman, he would have been in great shape to contribute as a sophomore and be a key player as a junior and senior.

Why try to conjure up a negative all the time?

Not trying to say anything negative at all, but the timing of all of this just went very very fast and by a recruiter who hasn't lit the trail on fire and may be looking for a boost in his reputation.

We bring up the word every single time a guy transfers and it's not like we had any relationship with this kid before he went to LaSalle, it's not far fetched.

Not trying to say anything negative at all, but the timing of all of this just went very very fast and by a recruiter who hasn't lit the trail on fire and may be looking for a boost in his reputation.

We bring up the word every single time a guy transfers and it's not like we had any relationship with this kid before he went to LaSalle, it's not far fetched.

Context around this recruit is important to understand.

Yea, Gmac cheated to boost his rep.

GMac was so concerned about what a few people on SyracuseFan dot com were saying that he hired a bag man and tampered with a kid who wasn't rated by any of the recruiting sites!

I mean saying "hope there is not tampering" is pretty negative to me. Especially when the article goes out of the way to mention that GMac knew if he contacted him it would be tampering. But because the timing seems fast to you and you dont think Gmac has been a good recruiter you can imply that he may have cheated to get a potential recruit on campus. Also when Moyer transferred, no one mentioned tampering.

I'm not sure we bring it up EVERY single time. Only recent instance I can recall is Taurean and with good reason. I don't remember anything about Moyer, BJ, Patterson unless you can refresh my memory.

But back to Osun. Hopefully we can reel him in this weekend,

GMac was so concerned about what a few people on SyracuseFan dot com were saying that he hired a bag man and tampered with a kid who wasn't rated by any of the recruiting sites!
I was more impressed by GMac’s ability to get the LaSalle coach fired and a get commitment release given, to THEN quickly turn it into an “above board” official visit... is GMac a wizard?!

What are you implying here? He didn’t “go” to Lasalle. He signed with Lasalle but they had a coaching change, so he asked out of his LOI and was granted it. A re-opened recruitment in the spring means a fast recruiting process. Look at Moyer. It was only a few weeks between announcing he was leaving Syracuse and choosing Vandy.

Mike McAllister gave him a Crystal Ball to Cuse this morning. Not that that’s surprising

Random video with very little of osun but towards the end of the video he does 2 dunks that are pretty sweet! Kid is long and athletic.

I believe the rumor is Gmac is the Scranton Strangler.
hqdefault.jpg

What are you implying here? He didn’t “go” to Lasalle. He signed with Lasalle but they had a coaching change, so he asked out of his LOI and was granted it. A re-opened recruitment in the spring means a fast recruiting process. Look at Moyer. It was only a few weeks between announcing he was leaving Syracuse and choosing Vandy.

Before you or anyone wants to bash me and pretty much call me dumb, look at the first post and the date along with a "hunch".

Again, if was any other school the word bag, tampering, and cheat would be used numerous times.

But no, it's Syracuse and everything is good and on the up and up and nothing we do is ever wrong, I think this just has a weird smell to it.

Before you or anyone wants to bash me and pretty much call me dumb, look at the first post and the date along with a "hunch".

Again, if was any other school the word bag, tampering, and cheat would be used numerous times.

But no, it's Syracuse and everything is good and on the up and up and nothing we do is ever wrong, I think this just has a weird smell to it.
It’s just so predictable coming from you. You manage to find the worst in everything. It’s also worth noting how quickly you went from “just wondering” to levying these unfounded accusations. Your justification for doing so is as flimsy as your proof of any wrongdoing. Maybe what you’re smelling is your own stink.

I mean “kid decommit s after coach who recruited him gets fired” isn’t a super uncommon storyline.

Status
Not open for further replies.