Class of 2018 - PF/C Osun Osunniyi (CT) to St. Bonaventure | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PF/C Osun Osunniyi (CT) to St. Bonaventure

Status
Not open for further replies.

SU Dreaming

been real...not really
Committed to La Salle early in the process, new HC hired a few days ago.
Could he decommit and sign Orange?

Listen to the announcer above

Osun Osunniyi 2018 |

Putnam Science Academy wins 2018 Nationanl Prep Championship |

This guy can play !!

Putnam Science Academy won the first national championship in school history on Thursday night with a 74-66 overtime win over Northfield Mount Hermon.

The Mustangs trailed 33-19 at the half but fought all the way back to advance to overtime when Kyle Lofton blocked a potential game winning three-pointer for NMH at the end of regulation. That defensive stand came following a huge three from Jose Perez to even the score with under a minute to play in the half

Osun Osunniyi took MVP honors, scoring 27 points in the final, while being a menace on the defensive end and the glass all weekend long thanks to his length and athleticism. His frontcourt mates Akok Akok and Josh Mballa stepped up at various points in the week as well as Putnam scored hard fought wins over Scotland Campus Sports and Woodstock Academy (another overtime decision) just to reach the final. DeMarr Langford was an equally important contributor on the perimeter, as he played major minutes down the stretch thanks to his ability to lock down on the defensive end and secure long rebounds.

Kid was phenomenal in that game for them...are there any rumblings of him decommiting from LaSalle with the coaching change?

It's kind of weird how little information there is on this guy.

I sort of get it - he didn't play until 8th grade, grew 9 inches in HS, committed early to a smaller program - but you'd think that a 6'10" guy that averaged 11/8 for Putnam would, say, have a 2 4 7 profile.

Early priorities key for Howard's transition at La Salle

(From the end of the article)

If the coaches are Priority 1, then Priority 1a is the Explorers’ four-man 2018 recruiting class.

Howard said that he’d already spoken to all four prior to his press conference. Only Croswell has said he’ll certainly be going to La Salle, making that declaration before Howard’s hiring and re-affirming it at the Donofrio Classic on Monday night.

Clark, Kimbrough and Osunniyi are still mulling over their decisions. Keeping all four would be a boon to an Explorers squad that’s projected to have at most one senior on the roster next year, giving Howard a young group to build around in his first few seasons.

“We have a really good recruiting class coming in, we want to retain those recruits and then we want to build off of that,” Howard said. “Any time you have an opportunity to have a young team of talented guys, you want to harness it, you want to get those guys excited about being a part of something new.

“And that’s my hope, I hope that those guys want to be a part of it, I hope they want to be an intricate part of building the tradition up from this point forward.”

Here's him dunking on a bunch of hobbits!
xmH1Yz.gif

I'd take a commitment from osun over golden. Wonder if the staff reaches out here. The gmac and osun Twitter thing although small could be meaningful I guess? He obviously has watched him a lot while watching akok. Can this kid play the 4 or is he more of a smaller 5?

Osunniyi
O'sunny yeah!
O SU NY yeah!!

I sorta see what I did there.

Status
Not open for further replies.