Class of 2018 - PF/C Osun Osunniyi (CT) to St. Bonaventure | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PF/C Osun Osunniyi (CT) to St. Bonaventure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cmon young man we are waiting. I think it’s love at first sight and this was meant to be for you. Remember, next year we will be contenders and you will be a part of it. Georgetown will simply be an also ran. Embrace your future with us and let’s do something great!

Not a great sign. Guess we didn't make enough of an impression. What happens after the 16th? Can he drag this out all summer?
Yep, doesn't have to sign anything. Can always do the Financial aid one

Didn’t realize he was visiting Georgetown.

Suddenly I don’t like our chances so much.

Didn’t realize he was visiting Georgetown.

Suddenly I don’t like our chances so much.
Plenty of kids go through with their visits because it's the next thing to do, part of the process. Doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Remember last week when a certain someone thought we were tampering?

The GT visit is not good news. But at least he's there during the week, whereas he spent the weekend at SU. Could be a courtesy visit for Ewing.

The GT visit is not good news. But at least he's there during the week, whereas he spent the weekend at SU. Could be a courtesy visit for Ewing.
Why would he owe Ewing a courtesy visit?

I have felt from the beginning that PF was the priority. Unless there is some real doubt about Sidibe's health status for next year, we shouldn't have a problem at the Center position next year, in fact it could be a strength of the team. I think Sidibe has the potential to make really nice improvement in his second season and Marek should put on some weight and be a better 3rd option if needed. I think Osun would be nice to develop for the following season. If he goes to Georgetown because it's a better fit that is closer to home you can't blame him. It just means that besides forwards, SU will have to prioritize the center position which it appears they are already recruiting for.

Why would he owe Ewing a courtesy visit?
Not sure Ewing's "owed" anything, except he's probably been in Osun's ear since the release with Govan getting an NBA tryout (no agent). Obviously the kid thought enough of Ewing's efforts to give them a look.

Last edited:
I’m worried because he’s a big visiting GT, not because he’s visiting after visiting us. He’s going through with his visits. Hopefully he comes here it seems like we have a pretty good relationship with him considering the short time table.

Not a great sign. Guess we didn't make enough of an impression. What happens after the 16th? Can he drag this out all summer?

He can drag it out as long as he wants. Just can’t sign an LOI which would bind him and the team. But he could sign scholarship papers which only bind the school.

Yeah-me too. No inside info but have a gut feeling he commits on visit there or shorty thereafter.

Yep. I’m sure Ewing as a great center will have a good sales pitch to the kid to learn under him. Wish Govan had stayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.