Class of 2018 - PF/C Osun Osunniyi (CT) to St. Bonaventure | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PF/C Osun Osunniyi (CT) to St. Bonaventure

Status
Not open for further replies.
But it's us. And the Braswell thread cooled, was never really enough drama - BAM. So all of the sudden, Osun is bigger than the Beatles and Texas put together.

He has the potential to be an NBA guy. Just because it's late doesn't mean he isn't good.

SU sees something in this kid or they wouldn't have offered, especially since center is not a "must get" at this point, given the depth we already have at that position. Don't want to second guess the coaches because they have a better handle on their chances with some of next years center prospects. They must be figuring at the worst he is insurance if other centers have injury issues and they are realistically counting on needing a year to coach him up so that his sophomore (or RS freshman) year he is ready to really contribute. From the tape Osun already possesses some back to the basket skills that I don't see in our other centers. A year working with top flight coaches and in a strong strength and conditioning program could do wonders for this kid. Just banging every day and learning the nuances of the position from our coaches has got to be a huge plus.

Not a great sign. Guess we didn't make enough of an impression. What happens after the 16th? Can he drag this out all summer?

This is a horrible take amoungst itger baseless takes here.
Per Mike Waters’ source he had a excellent visit here.

Mike’s source that told him he was at Georgetown today but said he really likes Syracuse!

Garbage type takes like this, I just can’t stand.

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean it’s Georgetown. If he goes there it’s indicative of some grotesque psychological pathology that honestly we want nothing to do with anyway.
It would be pretty cool though if Riff Raff's cousin has a hand in getting a dead guy to sign with the Hoyas.

This is a horrible take amoungst itger baseless takes here.
Per Mike Waters’ source he had a excellent visit here.

Mike’s source that told him he was at Georgetown today but said he really likes Syracuse!

Garbage type takes like this, I just can’t stand.
Thanks for sharing.

SU sees something in this kid or they wouldn't have offered, especially since center is not a "must get" at this point, given the depth we already have at that position. Don't want to second guess the coaches because they have a better handle on their chances with some of next years center prospects. They must be figuring at the worst he is insurance if other centers have injury issues and they are realistically counting on needing a year to coach him up so that his sophomore (or RS freshman) year he is ready to really contribute. From the tape Osun already possesses some back to the basket skills that I don't see in our other centers. A year working with top flight coaches and in a strong strength and conditioning program could do wonders for this kid. Just banging every day and learning the nuances of the position from our coaches has got to be a huge plus.

By depth you mean a 5th year senior and a soph with tendinitis that might never get back to 100%? I think most would consider that a major need right about now.

I mean it’s Georgetown. If he goes there it’s indicative of some grotesque psychological pathology that honestly we want nothing to do with anyway.

Have a question in regards to the Georgetown stuff on here from a lot of people. Does anyone under 35 care about Georgetown at all? I think I just missed out on the Georgetown bball and Penn State football stuff growing up and don't care about them anymore than other teams. Louisville and Pitt are the 2 teams that I really hate in bball and Rutgers in football.

Big time. All our plan b and c guys are undiscovered diamonds according to this board.

Always and then after seeing them play 5 mins a game as a freshman, the same people will be hoping that they transfer out so that we can bring in someone else that is going to be the next Warrick.

Have a question in regards to the Georgetown stuff on here from a lot of people. Does anyone under 35 care about Georgetown at all? I think I just missed out on the Georgetown bball and Penn State football stuff growing up and don't care about them anymore than other teams. Louisville and Pitt are the 2 teams that I really hate in bball and Rutgers in football.

TBH I think hating Georgetown is more reasonable than hating Rutgers. I mean Rutgers is a punch line.

TBH I think hating Georgetown is more reasonable than hating Rutgers. I mean Rutgers is a punch line.

Not when Schiano was beating us on/off the field for a while there. He was directly taking recruits from us. Don't feel like Georgetown was really doing that much. And it's a garbage school in a garbage state.

Not when Schiano was beating us on/off the field for a while there. He was directly taking recruits from us. Don't feel like Georgetown was really doing that much. And it's a garbage school in a garbage state.

Everyone was beating us when Schiano was there.

Bonnies just announced Bobby Planutis is joining their program as a transfer from Mount St Mary's. Doubt they have any scollies left.

Big time. All our plan b and c guys are undiscovered diamonds according to this board.

Always and then after seeing them play 5 mins a game as a freshman, the same people will be hoping that they transfer out so that we can bring in someone else that is going to be the next Warrick.

No offense, but these are BS opinions.

It isn't difficult to figure out which posters to pay attention to when it comes to player assessments. I certainly understand viewing highlight film with skepticism, but again -- when you know which posters evaluate film objectively, then you can parcel out good info from the perspectives they share.

And in this case, there has been some great dialogue in this thread on Osun's capabilities. You are free to accept or disagree with those opinions, but don't label them as misinformed.

Also, I don't think that I've seen anybody claim that this guy was a blue chipper. I have however seen a lot of discussion on how the unusual circumstances of his recruiting scenario make him an atypical prospect to be available this late.

Status
Not open for further replies.