Class of 2022 - PF Dominick Barlow (NJ / Bridgton) Offered | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PF Dominick Barlow (NJ / Bridgton) Offered

Some decent schools also Siena S Carolina Nebraska. This wasn't meant to knock the kid. Just an observation that kids lower down in the top 100 are skipping college.

He’s top 100. He just got bumped to 61 on rivals and 80 on ESPN. 247 has not updated their rankings in about 6 months.

You tend to see that with a lot of kids where they get small school offers prior to development. Hell even Lands had DePaul and Miami (OH) offers..
Ya maybe still think Lands has the better career.

Some decent schools also Siena S Carolina Nebraska. This wasn't meant to knock the kid. Just an observation that kids lower down in the top 100 are skipping college.
You were uninformed.

Dominick Barlow's drive to a professional basketball career, maybe even the NBA, just received a big-time assist.

The Dumont High School graduate is among two dozen teens to sign pro contracts with Overtime Elite, a fledgling venture whose mission is to develop, educate and economically empower athletes. It's supported by NBA stars such as Kevin Durant and Carmelo Anthony.

"My first goal is to get to the NBA, but I just want to be the best version of myself that I could possibly be," the 6-foot-9 Barlow said Tuesday afternoon via phone from Atlanta.

Barlow was named the North Jersey Boys Basketball Player of the Year during the pandemic-shortened 2020-21 school year. He carried Dumont to a 7-1 record while averaging 27.6 points, 17.0 rebounds, 3.1 assists and 2.6 blocks.

Notable investors include Durant, the Brooklyn Nets star, and Anthony, a member of the Board of Directors who in his one season in college led Syracuse to the national title and is a 10-time NBA All-Star.

"Many athletes aren't properly prepared for what it means to go pro," Anthony said in a statement. "We need to do a better job of empowering the next generation of players and setting them up for success."

Barlow's stock exploded after his senior season at Dumont, during last summer's AAU circuit, specifically at the Peach Jam in Georgia. He rose from a low-level Division I recruit, Martoral said, to a top-100 player in his class sought after by such colleges as Ohio State, Kansas and Syracuse.

Dominick Barlow's drive to a professional basketball career, maybe even the NBA, just received a big-time assist.

The Dumont High School graduate is among two dozen teens to sign pro contracts with Overtime Elite, a fledgling venture whose mission is to develop, educate and economically empower athletes. It's supported by NBA stars such as Kevin Durant and Carmelo Anthony.

"My first goal is to get to the NBA, but I just want to be the best version of myself that I could possibly be," the 6-foot-9 Barlow said Tuesday afternoon via phone from Atlanta.

Barlow was named the North Jersey Boys Basketball Player of the Year during the pandemic-shortened 2020-21 school year. He carried Dumont to a 7-1 record while averaging 27.6 points, 17.0 rebounds, 3.1 assists and 2.6 blocks.

Notable investors include Durant, the Brooklyn Nets star, and Anthony, a member of the Board of Directors who in his one season in college led Syracuse to the national title and is a 10-time NBA All-Star.

"Many athletes aren't properly prepared for what it means to go pro," Anthony said in a statement. "We need to do a better job of empowering the next generation of players and setting them up for success."

Barlow's stock exploded after his senior season at Dumont, during last summer's AAU circuit, specifically at the Peach Jam in Georgia. He rose from a low-level Division I recruit, Martoral said, to a top-100 player in his class sought after by such colleges as Ohio State, Kansas and Syracuse.
Except if you go to Syracuse, right Melo?

How does OTE plan to make all of this money back?

I’d imagine they have dibs on being the agent for when these guys get drafted into the NBA, or something to that effect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom