Class of 2024 - PF Donnie Freeman (MD / IMG) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (5/11/23) | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 PF Donnie Freeman (MD / IMG) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (5/11/23)

I love this forum. And my "boom" only was in reference to my excitement about Donnie taking an OV. That being said, with him taking an OV, Red visiting him last week and the staff's D.C. recruiting ties (Red, Brenden, etc.), I'm feeling good here. But I do not have inside intel at this point about Donnie. I'll keep at it though.

I love this forum. And my "boom" only was in reference to my excitement about Donnie taking an OV. That being said, with him taking an OV, Red visiting him last week and the staff's D.C. recruiting ties (Red, Brenden, etc.), I'm feeling good here. But I do not have inside intel at this point about Donnie. I'll keep at it though.
Boom you boomer

Learn the proper vernacular, Neil! Boom has a very specific meaning around these parts! Lol

Red Autry so hot rn
7d0abed8-48cd-4dce-ac63-c0284690f328_text.gif

Okay, so here's my take at this point on 2024 - slightly off topic from Donnie, but as far as 2024, SU's priorities seem to be:
Elijah - verbally committed
Donnie - taking OV next week
Jalil and Thomas - SU recently watched both (Jalil has done an OV; Thomas has done an unofficial)
Curtis Givens III (a source of mine says SU is recruiting him)
That's five guys.
This source says SU is no longer recruiting Boogie Fland, or Jalik Dunkley-Distant. Not sure what the latest is with Okku Federiko. And I did recently get confirmation of SU interest in Kuol Atak out of Texas, but that was before Red took over.

Okay, so here's my take at this point on 2024 - slightly off topic from Donnie, but as far as 2024, SU's priorities seem to be:
Elijah - verbally committed
Donnie - taking OV next week
Jalil and Thomas - SU recently watched both (Jalil has done an OV; Thomas has done an unofficial)
Curtis Givens III (a source of mine says SU is recruiting him)
That's five guys.
This source says SU is no longer recruiting Boogie Fland, or Jalik Dunkley-Distant. Not sure what the latest is with Okku Federiko. And I did recently get confirmation of SU interest in Kuol Atak out of Texas, but that was before Red took over.
This deserves its own thread. Follow up. What is the story with Curtis Givens? Edit: and thanks for sharing!

This deserves its own thread. Follow up. What is the story with Curtis Givens? Edit: and thanks for sharing!
Givens was offered in mid-February. Plays for Montverde (which just lost tonight at Geico Nationals). Appears perhaps he is the top PG target in 2024 for SU, if Bethea is being recruited more as a combo guard/wing. But back to Freeman! :)

Givens was offered in mid-February. Plays for Montverde (which just lost tonight at Geico Nationals). Appears perhaps he is the top PG target in 2024 for SU, if Bethea is being recruited more as a combo guard/wing. But back to Freeman! :)

Was Fab Melo from Monteverde?

2 questions
The original post says he is a guard. Is he a guard or forward.
Any chance he reclassifies to 2023

Donnie is a PF. And I do agree with the above tweet that with Brenden on board, Autry having visited Donnie last week, Donnie taking an OV this coming week, and all of the D.C. recruiting connections (i.e., Team Takeover), one would hope that Syracuse will emerge as a favorite here.

Donnie is a PF. And I do agree with the above tweet that with Brenden on board, Autry having visited Donnie last week, Donnie taking an OV this coming week, and all of the D.C. recruiting connections (i.e., Team Takeover), one would hope that Syracuse will emerge as a favorite here.
What would u set our % of landing a commitment at

This would be a terrific get. Too bad we couldn't get him for this upcoming season! I wonder if our interest in him lessens the quality of who we go after as the extra F we clearly need from the portal. I would say we want a guy who is a grad transfer, so he'll be one and done, like 'Uncle Drew".

No inside info but hard not to feel good about our chances. Hopefully Red ends the weekend sipping some Syracuse Blend from Salty City Coffee on Marshall
Agreed. I think the immediate visit up to Syracuse is pretty big. I don't think that guarantees a commitment while here, I do think we are in serious contention where before we were barely in the conversation. That is a material shift and good news.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom