Class of 2024 - PF Donnie Freeman (MD / IMG) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (5/11/23) | Page 67 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 PF Donnie Freeman (MD / IMG) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (5/11/23)

Here are the FIBA YouTube channel links for Donnie & the Bahamas games…

Tuesday, July 2nd vs Finland (11:30)

Wednesday, July 3rd vs Poland (11:30)

looks like Donnie got a DNP last two games unfortunately
He's got two NBA big men ahead of him, and a few other quality bigs with experience as well.

This is such a great experience for him.

On a side note, he looks like he's put on a lot of muscle, I'd bet he's nearly 220 now. Good work with the weights!

EDIT: Edgecomb (Baylor '24 recruit) seems to be a top3 player on the Bahamas squad, beating out even NBA player Gordan for minutes. He's a terrific prospect. But Ayton (Trailblazers) and Hield (76s) are the best players so far.

It's a little disappointing the coaches decided to go with a three guard lineup with Eric Gordan (76s) but not really surprising, considering their best players. The only reason that I'm mildly discouraged is that Freeman didn't beat a couple shorter veteran euro pros for the rotation forward minutes. I figured he would be at least the first forward off the bench after looking at the roster.

Last edited:
That's fine. Imagine the experience he is having and the level of play he is surrounded by to get two DNPs. Fantastic stuff for a young man.

Oh absolutely- Edgecombe is more of 2/3 so not surprised he is getting the run he is.

IMG_4926.jpeg