Class of 2024 - PF Donnie Freeman (MD / IMG) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (5/11/23) | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 PF Donnie Freeman (MD / IMG) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (5/11/23)

Did anyone see the ESPN SC featured piece this morning about his high school? It mainly centered around his coaches battle with ALS and the teams run to the championship but had some footage of Freeman. Pretty cool.
I saw the piece but didn’t know that was Freeman’s school.

2024 is looking to be a huge year for red. His first true recruiting class, and first true team that’s “all his” so to speak? I mean I know he was involved in most kids we have now, but not as HC. I’m VERY excited for next year, but I’m even more excited for 2024. My gut tells me we land this kid and end up getting a killer 2024 class with the momentum we have. Like a top 15 type class. Just what we need.

2024 is looking to be a huge year for red. His first true recruiting class, and first true team that’s “all his” so to speak? I mean I know he was involved in most kids we have now, but not as HC. I’m VERY excited for next year, but I’m even more excited for 2024. My gut tells me we land this kid and end up getting a killer 2024 class with the momentum we have. Like a top 15 type class. Just what we need.
I hope you are right, but what “momentum” do we have, as a brand, outside of CNY? We landed “the one who got away” due to some combination of his coach quitting and/or our coach quitting.
Other than that, I haven’t (yet?) seen recruits or transfers knocking down the doors.
Maybe there is stuff underneath the surface that us common recruiting followers don’t see, and that would be great. What are you hearing?

I hope you are right, but what “momentum” do we have, as a brand, outside of CNY? We landed “the one who got away” due to some combination of his coach quitting and/or our coach quitting.
Other than that, I haven’t (yet?) seen recruits or transfers knocking down the doors.
Maybe there is stuff underneath the surface that us common recruiting followers don’t see, and that would be great. What are you hearing?
The momentum im speaking of is having a HC actually hitting the recruiting trail hard lol. And yes, landing the #1 portal transfer does provide some momentum regardless of how it happened, name the last time we landed a McDonald’s AA…. Been about 7-8 years.

The momentum im speaking of is having a HC actually hitting the recruiting trail hard lol. And yes, landing the #1 portal transfer does provide some momentum regardless of how it happened, name the last time we landed a McDonald’s AA…. Been about 7-8 years.

Yeah, that was a huge "win" for AA right out of the gate.

The one thing that I'm going to pump the brakes on a little is the "hitting the recruiting trail" praise. To me, while it is a welcome and MUCH NEEDED change, that should be the minimum threshold we expect.

That's the same reason I wasn't particularly excited about all of the reports about JB two summers ago ostensibly working "harder" with respect to recruiting. My opinion only, and I'm 100% comfortable owning this, but you shouldn't get extra credit for doing basic stuff you're supposed to do.

But again, glad to see we're back in the game, and not asleep at the wheel.

Interesting note in the final four is there are no McDonald’s All Americans in the field. I think I also read there are no top 30 recruits. Experience matters. I don’t think one and dones are going to get you to the finals very often.

Interesting note in the final four is there are no McDonald’s All Americans in the field. I think I also read there are no top 30 recruits. Experience matters. I don’t think one and dones are going to get you to the finals very often.
Clingan is the highest rated guy at 37 and comes off the bench. Samson Johnson is number 2 and he barely plays for UConn.

Portal is the great equalizer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom