Class of 2022 - PF Greg "G.G." Jackson (SC) | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PF Greg "G.G." Jackson (SC)

"I got a lot of interest from Virginia Tech, Georgia Tech, Syracuse, Washington, South Carolina and Buffalo," he said of his recruitment. "But I'm looking for that first offer to come in and get this thing rolling."

Seems like we are commonly the first to offer many of these kids right before they shoot up the rankings. Hopefully it pays off here.

Seems like we are commonly the first to offer many of these kids right before they shoot up the rankings. Hopefully it pays off here.
Or it could be Cuse fans are more likely to notice when Cuse offers a player first. Perhaps Cuse is no more likely than other schools to identify talent early.

Or it could be Cuse fans are more likely to notice when Cuse offers a player first. Perhaps Cuse is no more likely than other schools to identify talent early.

Touche’

"G.G. Jackson currently ranks as the No. 34 overall prospect in the 2023 class and certainly lived up to the billing - and then some. Pushing 6-foot-9, 210-pounds, Jackson possesses very good size and length for a power forward prospect at this stage of his development.

Since last summer, Jackson has continued to make progress in his development, most notably in his athleticism. The four-star prospect is mobile, runs the floor, plays with a motor, has bounce and is quick off his feet. He possesses very good hands, touch and showcased his budding face-up game all-the-while dominating on the boards.

The 2023 class is filled with unknowns to college coaches given the crazy circumstances of the pandemic and portal this year but it won't be much longer before Jackson becomes a hot name in the industry.

Jackson holds offers from Boston College, Clemson, NC State, Pittsburgh, South Carolina, Syracuse, Virginia Tech and Wake Forest."

Who woulda thunk that you didn’t need to be a HOFer to recruit with the big boys at UNC. Some programs are just on a different planet.

Duke and UNC are killing it in recruiting. There’s a HUGE gap developing from everyone else in the ACC. Even bigger than before. I think Duke already has 8-9 five star recruits committed for 2022 and 2023.

Duke and UNC are killing it in recruiting. There’s a HUGE gap developing from everyone else in the ACC. Even bigger than before. I think Duke already has 8-9 five star recruits committed for 2022 and 2023.
UNC Isn’t getting the guys Duke is getting. Their class this year is comparable to ours as is Virginia.

I know they have 5 already for 2023 after Mgbako committed last night...

I know they have 5 already for 2023 after Mgbako committed last night...
One top 5 guy though. Big difference from getting all top 10 pro ready prospects. Things get interesting if your are relying on all freshmen not ranked in the top 10.

One top 5 guy though. Big difference from getting all top 10 pro ready prospects. Things get interesting if your are relying on all freshmen not ranked in the top 10.
True. But this is head and shoulders the top class thus far.