Class of 2020 - PF Isaiah Jackson (MI/SpireAcademyOH) to Kentucky | Page 36 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 PF Isaiah Jackson (MI/SpireAcademyOH) to Kentucky

Fair enough. Not that it’s the end all be all, but I gotta think SU leading the nation in attendance still counts for something with a lot of kids.

I know past SU players often comment on how big time that feel is at Cuse.

There’s no doubt about that. I’m just talking about the discussion of staff and potentially “losing recruits” ... I am orange through and through and love this team and go to every single game... I guess I try to understand what people’s expectations are with a team that hasn’t done a ton lately and doesn’t play more than 6/7 guys a year. My above post was prob a tad harsh to the whole board but I’m just trying to share info that I get from sources that is relatable to recruiting

There’s no doubt about that. I’m just talking about the discussion of staff and potentially “losing recruits” ... I am orange through and through and love this team and go to every single game... I guess I try to understand what people’s expectations are with a team that hasn’t done a ton lately and doesn’t play more than 6/7 guys a year. My above post was prob a tad harsh to the whole board but I’m just trying to share info that I get from sources that is relatable to recruiting
They’ve only played 6/7 guys because they had to due to injuries/scholly restrictions.

It just shocks me sometimes when it comes to recruiting how entitled this fan base can be as far as “not losing kids to Bama” is concerned... SU has 2 more wins than Bama in last 2 years. 2! And yet it would be crazyyyy and a huge loss for the staff if he decides to go to Bama ? Kids are in the present. They don’t live in the past and think that a team from 8 years ago at SU matters... like the posts say above you can’t ever determine what these kids want but it is wild to see some of these takes on the staff and recruiting... Maybe the kid wants to play for a charismatic younger coach ? Is that an SU staff problem that the coach is old ? This could go on forever but everyone needs to stop thinking “we shouldn’t lose recruits to schools like Bama” because honestly SU hasn’t done that much more in recent history with wins or draft picks ...

And no I’m not sold yet he goes to Bama. Just stating an opinion from watching this unfold

Im not of the opinion that staff "lose" recruits, and I don't know what Jackson likes/wants, but our basketball program is better than Alabama's by essentially any metric that should matter - closer to home; more winning (historical and recent); better game day environment; better practice facility; hall of fame coach; basketball actually matters; better NBA pipeline; better conference; more exposure; better university... You're acting like this is a coin flip is silly. Go to the Alabama football board and see what they'd think about them ever having a football recruit chose Syracuse over them.

if syracuse gets the opportunity for a last word; invite him in for an unofficial for the virginia game, when kennedy chandler is there
give him a chance to feel the experience of a big time college basketball school, as opposed to a football factory, alongside another 5 star recruit.

there are many reasons that a kid will ultimately decide to choose a school, the likelihood of immediate playing time is probably foremost.

our perceptions of the schools' relative basketball legacies will not be among them.

if he comes to syracuse, he is going to see 4 guys 6-9 or taller on the roster ahead of him. 2 of them will be seniors with tons of experience. as well as diamond stud quincy guerrier the lock to start at the 4 if he decides to return.

there is no similar competiton on the alabama roster

that may well be the bottom line, even though i think isaiah would be a standout in the syracuse system. but my opinion counts for less than nothing
Isaiah Jackson would start at PF and also play a lot of center. No doubt. Quincy moves to the 3 and Elijah likely leaves to play professionally.

It just shocks me sometimes when it comes to recruiting how entitled this fan base can be as far as “not losing kids to Bama” is concerned... SU has 2 more wins than Bama in last 2 years. 2! And yet it would be crazyyyy and a huge loss for the staff if he decides to go to Bama ? Kids are in the present. They don’t live in the past and think that a team from 8 years ago at SU matters... like the posts say above you can’t ever determine what these kids want but it is wild to see some of these takes on the staff and recruiting... Maybe the kid wants to play for a charismatic younger coach ? Is that an SU staff problem that the coach is old ? This could go on forever but everyone needs to stop thinking “we shouldn’t lose recruits to schools like Bama” because honestly SU hasn’t done that much more in recent history with wins or draft picks ...

And no I’m not sold yet he goes to Bama. Just stating an opinion from watching this unfold
We never used to lose kids to the likes of Alabama. Maybe to UK, Duke, UNC and some of our Northeast rivals like UConn and Nova. But not to programs like Bama. Sorry to break it to you.

We never used to lose kids to the likes of Alabama. UK, Duke, UNC and some of our Northeast rivals. Sorry to break it to you.
That was then. This is now.

Hop is making his own path: SU is rear view mirror. For Oates, it's still a destination.
(Hop's wife/kids are of course a wild card.)
Disagree. I think Hop would be thrilled to return home to coach his alma mater, especially since it’s going to need rejuvenation and its better program with more resources and more basketball revenue.

Isaiah Jackson would start at PF and also play a lot of center. No doubt. Quincy moves to the 3 and Elijah likely leaves to play professionally.
again: its not an issue of whether or not he'd play here. of course he would.

the question is whether he thinks he would play more and/or be a bigger focus at bama.

We never used to lose kids to the likes of Alabama. Maybe to UK, Duke, UNC and some of our Northeast rivals like UConn and Nova. But not to programs like Bama. Sorry to break it to you.
we've lost guys to nc state, illinois, texas, ohio state, even colgate over the years. sorry to break it to you

His fam has been all about getting IJ to the League. If that’s the criteria Bama is the wrong choice.

If he chooses bama I’m sure there are legit reasons, but the mood around here with recruiting didn’t sour overnight because of one player’s decision. This is a multi year slide into mediocrity. At the end of the day the staff is the only constant amongst all the prospects and must be held accountable. They’re just not getting it done.

We’re not going to be top 10 good again until there’s a new staff and Wild makes a home run hire. I just hope we can land a guy like IJ to stem some of the bleeding until the torch is passed to a new coach.

If he chooses bama I’m sure there are legit reasons, but the mood around here with recruiting didn’t sour overnight because of one player’s decision. This is a multi year slide into mediocrity. At the end of the day the staff is the only constant amongst all the prospects and must be held accountable. They’re just not getting it done.

We’re not going to be top 10 good again until there’s a new staff and Wild makes a home run hire. I just hope we can land a guy like IJ to stem some of the bleeding until the torch is passed to a new coach.
Wait until 3 weeks ago you didn’t even know IJ existed...lol...

Are you sure you're not actually "Pizza by Franco"?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom