Class of 2020 - PF Isaiah Jackson (MI/SpireAcademyOH) to Kentucky | Page 37 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 PF Isaiah Jackson (MI/SpireAcademyOH) to Kentucky

Pretty much how I feel right now. It's happening again and in less than a month. :vomit:

105738.jpeg

Last edited:
If we lose IJ you guys wouldn't be satisfied with Richmond and Newton? They seem to make a good class!

I think people need to become more educated on how many factors coaches can actually control when it comes to recruiting. Not to discuss my own recruitment, but I got recruited by several powerhouse Division I golf programs and didn’t even consider some simply Bc of their schedule and their home golf course. You never know what truly matters to these kids and everyone wants to put so much emphasis on coaches and what they do and don’t do ... I think it’s pretty crazy if you ask me

Ummm...
What are you doing next August the weekend of the Orangeyes Open? :)

The serial derailers are soon going to find themselves unable to post in this thread.

If you have a thought that doesn't DIRECTLY relate to Jackson's recruitment, take it to the main board.

I'm done warning. 11 warnings in one thread is more than enough.
Maybe the complainers could be locked out of the thread

We lost Kenny freakin Anderson to Georgia Tech for Chrissakes

Georgia Tech was actually a good basketball program back then, and was in the best/second best league.

Alabama is generally mediocre at best. Rarely make the tourney. Crappy league.

But to be fair, they do have a new coach and maybe the kid really likes him?

We’ll see what happens. I agree with those who said we should try to get him to the Virginia game. Let him see and experience the big time atmosphere of Syracuse basketball. Play to our biggest advantages and hopefully its a “I love Coach Oats, but I can’t pass up SYRACUSE”.

I wonder how people can be disappointed if he decides to go somewhere else when this wasn’t even an option for SU 6 weeks ago...
While he did seem to put us into his top 3 out of the blue, we have been recruiting him for a decent amount of time now. He attended our elite camp 2 years ago. Not like this came out of no where like Bazley falling into our laps. There wasnt much media coverage of him because for a long time it seemed like he was a MSU lock. That obviously wasnt the case. I think Red has been working this one longer then most think and putting time in.

I believe the perceived "allure" of Jim Boeheim is a thing of the past. Kids, especially the ones of today, don't want to play for an elderly man. As long as he's around I don't believe we're going to get 5 stars to play here. When he got Carmelo, he went down to Baltimore and sat on Melo's porch, waiting for him to come home. Do you see that kind of commitment to recruiting from this head coach any longer? I don't.

He just sends his minions out to recruit and attends an occasional basketball game. Then ppl are trying to tell me AJ chose UConn, their away-game-proximity and a paltry Big East conference over the Dome, over the ACC, and all of it's home games within a 2 hour drive?! Don't give me the PT excuse either. Good players like AJ know they're going to see the court. As long as we have an elderly coach this stuff is going to continue to happen. We win 50% of non cupcake games. Let that sink in. We have fallen and it's going to take some big decisions up on the hill for this to change.
You make some (arguably) good points, and then undermine your whole argument with the bit about the proximity of league games. The BE features nearby games at Providence, St John's, Seton Hall, Villanova and Georgetown vs. BC and Pittsburgh in the ACC. Or maybe you just garbled your reasoning?

I believe the perceived "allure" of Jim Boeheim is a thing of the past. Kids, especially the ones of today, don't want to play for an elderly man. As long as he's around I don't believe we're going to get 5 stars to play here. When he got Carmelo, he went down to Baltimore and sat on Melo's porch, waiting for him to come home. Do you see that kind of commitment to recruiting from this head coach any longer? I don't.

He just sends his minions out to recruit and attends an occasional basketball game. Then ppl are trying to tell me AJ chose UConn, their away-game-proximity and a paltry Big East conference over the Dome, over the ACC, and all of it's home games within a 2 hour drive?! Don't give me the PT excuse either. Good players like AJ know they're going to see the court. As long as we have an elderly coach this stuff is going to continue to happen. We win 50% of non cupcake games. Let that sink in. We have fallen and it's going to take some big decisions up on the hill for this to change.
How do his "elderly peers" like Coach k and Roy continue to recruit if kids don't want to play for an elderly man? The Melo porch story is new to me. I hope SU lands IJ but losing him to another school will not be the end of the world.

JB coaches another 3 years, until then we will NOT land any 5 stars

How do his "elderly peers" like Coach k and Roy continue to recruit if kids don't want to play for an elderly man? The Melo porch story is new to me. I hope SU lands IJ but losing him to another school will not be the end of the world.

Draft picks. Nike relationships. The allure of the Jordan Brand at UNC. The grandeur of alumni. Tv...About 1000 things SU doesn’t have ...

Draft picks. Nike relationships. The allure of the Jordan Brand at UNC. The grandeur of alumni. Tv...About 1000 things SU doesn’t have ...
Oh I agree as the post was more tongue and cheek. UNC is ahead of Syracuse in most categories such as great college town, academics, bball history, etc. But everyone loves to bring up the allure of the Dome and can't understand why a 18 year old kid would choose school X over SU.

I wonder how people can be disappointed if he decides to go somewhere else when this wasn’t even an option for SU 6 weeks ago...

The only reason why I would be disappointed is that IJ is the one that reached out because he had a serious interest in our school and program and we couldn't close the deal. If he never reached out and went to Bama I wouldn't have blinked an eye.

Can't wait till Isaiah Jackson comes here.

All this nonsense about Boeheim may have some truth to it: He is older, and maybe not as active in recruiting as he used to be, and we haven't been pulling in any 5 stars lately ...

However, Jim is the only reason why this program is what it is, and why it was taken to its highest of highs, why the team can make the NCAA tournament even in down years, why Syracuse has one of the best NBA draft histories in college basketball ...outside of Kentucky, Duke, Kansas ... why Syracuse started recruiting 5-star players on a regular basis in the 2000s, and why this team will probably be good again this year.

You wanna know success? How about a coach who consistently takes lesser recruited players and puts them into position to taste the NBA on a regular basis, and gets them to the big tourney almost every year? Forget Duke, Kentucky, and Kansas. They do it with players NBA-ready coming out of high school. Jim has always taken the harder road and gotten it done. We might not win a championship this year, but Syracuse will remain on the map in 2019-2020 because of Jim Boeheim.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom