Class of 2020 - PF Isaiah Jackson (MI/SpireAcademyOH) to Kentucky | Page 33 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 PF Isaiah Jackson (MI/SpireAcademyOH) to Kentucky

based on fact that stewart recruited him hard to uw and good players want to play with other good players

Every recruit does this, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. We dont know thats the main reason, he had other offers to schools with great players. All I'm saying is that Syracuse hasnt been recruiting very well the past 5 or 6 years.

Every recruit does this, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. We dont know thats the main reason, he had other offers to schools with great players. All I'm saying is that Syracuse hasnt been recruiting very well the past 5 or 6 years.

i said NOT SURE mcdaniels is at uw without stewart. Nothing close to suggesting it was the main reason.

But no wants to hear that. The bottom line this we are getting smoked in recruiting right now.

1571493702088.gif

Just because I know everyone puts so much stock into crystal balls around here. The way things are unfolding for UK it seems like it will he a bama/cuse showdown. I get the Michigan angle with oats and him being a young coach but I cant even imagine a 5 star player picking bama over cuse for basketball. Most recruiting guys seem to give the nod to bama with very little cuse talk...just seems crazy but I'm orange biased.

Just because I know everyone puts so much stock into crystal balls around here. The way things are unfolding for UK it seems like it will he a bama/cuse showdown. I get the Michigan angle with oats and him being a young coach but I cant even imagine a 5 star player picking bama over cuse for basketball. Most recruiting guys seem to give the nod to bama with very little cuse talk...just seems crazy but I'm orange biased.

They do get the last visit, so I can see why people will think he's going there.

It seems like Jackson and his family are handling things their own way and play things close to the vest, so chances are nobody really knows.

I still feel good that we have a shot and wouldn't be surprised if he picks us.

That’s not good, unfortunately. Crystal balls from guys like Meyer only a month out from the signing period are a bad sign of where things could be trending. The only caveat is that the experts haven’t been all that clued into Jackson’s recruitment thus far. I think the family is playing it close to the vest. But it probably means Oats and his assistants are feeling good about their chances.

Last edited:
That’s not good, unfortunately. Crystal balls from guys like Meyer only a month out from signing day is a bad sign of where things could be trending.
Didn’t he give us a CB for Andre?

That’s not good, unfortunately. Crystal balls from guys like Meyer only a month out from signing day is a bad sign of where things could be trending.
Usually I tend to agree but theres still some time here with this one and he made the pick right before his visit not after his bama visit. Also strange how little the recruiting gurus seem to think of us when it comes to these type of 5 star recruits. I hope the quietness is a good thing and Red is closing on this one. If it came down to us and UK I would be more skeptical but I'd give us a chance any day of the week against bama. His bama visit is this weekend so things will probably start getting fun real soon.

The head coach element here for Bama is their main thing ... I am trying to find out how much influence the family is having here with IJ. Things have been pretty quiet on my end here with this and that’s not a bad thing but I haven’t heard any bad news yet

He should be the primary target after Hop politely hangs up the phone.
I just don’t think Oats would come here if he’s doing well and has momentum building at Bama. I think our best option is hoping to entice Hop back considering his extremely long and rich history here as an alum and longtime assistant and backing up the Brinks truck to get him. The upshot for him is that it would be such major news/a major coup in the CBB world and he’d start with an enormous momentum-boost in recruiting (hopefully to take things to the next level), plus being able to rely on his decades of Northeast recruiting relationships with schools and coaches. Wildhack needs to get that done. And hopefully JB will have things on the upswing again by the time he’s ready to retire.

I just don’t think Oats would come here if he’s doing well and has momentum building at Bama. I think our best option is hoping to entice Hop back considering his extremely long and rich history here as an alum and longtime assistant and backing up the Brinks truck to get him. The upshot for him is that it would be such major news/a major coup in the CBB world and he’d start with an enormous momentum-boost in recruiting (hopefully to take things to the next level), plus being able to rely on his decades of Northeast recruiting relationships with schools and coaches. Wildhack needs to get that done. And hopefully JB will have things on the upswing again by the time he’s ready to retire.
He aint coming back

He should be the primary target after Hop politely hangs up the phone.
We’d have a much better shot at landing Hop than Oates as JB’s successor. How could anyone think otherwise? Hop is an alum with three decades worth of ties to Syracuse University. Oates has none.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom