Class of 2020 - PF Isaiah Jackson (MI/SpireAcademyOH) to Kentucky | Page 56 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 PF Isaiah Jackson (MI/SpireAcademyOH) to Kentucky

Bc it’s the biggest moment of his life and wants to enjoy it and do it his way. Don’t think he’s too worried about anyone else as he shouldn’t be
he should be more concerned with unhinged, sports-obsessed strangers on an internet forum than himself. locker room chemistry red flag imo

2020 class 6'8 PF keon ambrose that Oats went to visit in the bahamas this weekend. Pretty big visit considering he just took his official a short while ago the same weekend jackson did. Does anyone have any idea of bamas scholarship situation for next year? Who is leaving as seniors and guys possibly leaving for the draft? They are in the running for Nimari Burnett as well so I wasnt sure if they are trying to bring in all 3 guys or if this was a good sign for us or UK? Does he know he has jackson in the bag and is trying to close with ambrose as well? Or does he know he doesnt have jackson and wants to close on Ambrose?

To follow up on that last post about Oats visiting ambrose in the bahamas, I found this comment on twitter. Could be meaningless and this guy might not know anything about what Oats and bama are trying to do/scholarship situation but it would be cool if hes right.

I think I read that bama has 10 scholarship players this year actually playing and then 2 out with injury and Quinerly sitting out. As far as I can tell they only have 1 senior on the roster. If anyone were to leave for the draft it would be Kira Lewis Jr. I know nothing about any of the other guys on their team but I'm not sure how many available scholarships they plan on having next year. They probably dont care and it will work out just like ours would but I dont think they expect many to leave.

Getting interesting. Let your imaginations run wild!
20191103_212603.jpg

Cusesky8214 nice job with the Alabama research. This board is fun because people like you are crazy enough to research stuff like that.
I can't help but put myself in the family's position. The goal is the NBA and lifetime money. All things being equal Kentucky clearly gives you the best chance to attain that goal. Their track record is absurd, as Cal has pointed out once or twice. But in this case not all things are equal. Isaiah could get the Nick Richards/Quade treatment that many others have received there and see his stock plummet without getting the opportunity to show what he could do. That class is already loaded. So then the next question is who has a better track record of getting guys drafted in the first round, JB/Cuse or Oats/Bama? Who has more lottery picks and has better competition to sharpen Isaiah's iron, the ACC or SEC? Which school is more hoop focused and will get IJ more exposure with which to build a brand that could affect how the NBA views him, Syracuse or Alabama?
So as you can see I've talked myself into thinking we have a legitimate shot at this and I do put credence into the fact that not many pundits seem to have a handle on this thing.

Worth noting that Texas Tech is trending for Nimari Burnett (big bama target that they
are trying to pair with Isaiah and have been selling that to him) and just recieved a crystal ball. They also just landed a top 40 kid so that could help them. But with him deciding late and Isaiah deciding early that could help sway him to bama I suppose. But it is nice to see the leader in the clubhouse (supposedly) start to squirm a bit.

One thing thats worth noting is that Isaiah doesnt follow anyone on our current team/staff on IG/twitter but does follow a good amount of UK players/potential recruits as well as Quinerly and bama recruit Burnett. Usually after visits the players hit each other up and keep in touch but it's a bit strange he has no cuse connections. Hopefully just keeping things stealthy and trying to throw everyone off :rolleyes: I know how much some on here love the social media aspect of recruiting so I figured I'd share my observation. JB must be hitting him up with his flip phone :p

We
One thing thats worth noting is that Isaiah doesnt follow anyone on our current team/staff on IG/twitter but does follow a good amount of UK players/potential recruits as well as Quinerly and bama recruit Burnett. Usually after visits the players hit each other up and keep in touch but it's a bit strange he has no cuse connections. Hopefully just keeping things stealthy and trying to throw everyone off :rolleyes: I know how much some on here love the social media aspect of recruiting so I figured I'd share my observation. JB must be hitting him up with his flip phone :p

Hmm - It is odd he has no one he is connected to even after the visit. Not saying it means anything but typically you do see a few connections out there.

I personally think that's quite telling. Good tidbit.

Could it be as simple as he knows a lot more of the 5 star types at Kentucky from camps and other venues that our guys and the bama guys have not been attending (he prayed).

Could it be as simple as he knows a lot more of the 5 star types at Kentucky from camps and other venues that our guys and the bama guys have not been attending (he prayed).
Could be...he definitely knows all the big 5 star prospects from playing with them and camps etc. It could mean absolutely nothing, but I figured I'd share for those to interpret how they want. I will say that more often then not after these kids take their visits and get to hang out with players on the team they usually hit each other up on their social media. There is literally no cuse connections at the moment...including staff. Put it this way, Bamas strength and conditioning coach follows Isaiah on twitter at the very least. Probably nothing to worry about though. Plus JB and Red got pops on speed dial! Close on dad and family and that will certainly help with swaying the kids decision.

does he follow any of the coaches on uk or Bama?

does he follow any of the coaches on uk or Bama?
Pretty much all UK. PayPal cal on IG and Twitter. Then all the athletic pages for them, football coach, Athletic Director and lots of players former and current. Didnt see any bama that hes actually following.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom