Class of 2020 - PF Isaiah Jackson (MI/SpireAcademyOH) to Kentucky | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 PF Isaiah Jackson (MI/SpireAcademyOH) to Kentucky

I wont reveal anything by name ever and hope that the board respects my information and keeps within the board... if not I’ll go off the grid
just be aware that there are members of the press who peruse the board

He’s going to Kentucky. Let’s move on to under recruited overseas kids cause we can’t compete for top kids anymore around here.

He’s going to Kentucky. Let’s move on to under recruited overseas kids cause we can’t compete for top kids anymore around here.
9E717BB7-B607-4E7C-A41F-9680B5682B85.gif

If we lose this kid, too, then I may just emotionally check out of the recruiting scene until there’s a new staff. It just becomes too demoralizing thinking we have a good chance and always falling short. Haven’t won a prime recruiting battle since DC2 and someone took out his knees in retaliation.

If we lose this kid, too, then I may just emotionally check out of the recruiting scene until there’s a new staff. It just becomes too demoralizing thinking we have a good chance and always falling short. Haven’t won a prime recruiting battle since DC2 and someone took out his knees in retaliation.
also bazeley way back in the class of 2018

but also depends on what you consider prime
beat krzyzewski, beilein and brey for jgiii
beat dana altman & the nike war chest for quincy
beat jay wright for jba

that's 2-4-7's 3rd, 4th and 5th ranked classes for that year

regardless of what the services thought of those recruits, those coaches all thought they were worth time, effort and a scholarship slot in a year when they were fishing in deep waters. and syracuse beat them all.

also bazeley way back in the class of 2018

but also depends on what you consider prime
beat krzyzewski, beilein and brey for jgiii
beat dana altman & the nike war chest for quincy
beat jay wright for jba

that's 2-4-7's 3rd, 4th and 5th ranked classes for that year

regardless of what the services thought of those recruits, those coaches all thought they were worth time, effort and a scholarship slot in a year when they were fishing in deep waters. and syracuse beat them all.

You shouldn’t expect to convince Franco and others. I think that if you are going to follow the who are we after part of recruiting you have to realize and be able to accept that we chase a lot more guys than we sign. This is the same of most programs with very few exceptions. You have to be able to live with a lot of rejection and losses if you are going to follow this portion of recruiting closely.

I think fans like Franco would be better served following our recruits from the point of commitment onward. Read the scouting reports etc on guys we’ve signed and focus less on the guys we miss out on unless you are going to be able to view it in the proper context. That context being that basically everyone loses out on more guys than they win and the higher the star ranking of the guys we chase the lower our close percentage is likely to be.

You shouldn’t expect to convince Franco and others. I think that if you are going to follow the who are we after part of recruiting you have to realize and be able to accept that we chase a lot more guys than we sign. This is the same of most programs with very few exceptions. You have to be able to live with a lot of rejection and losses if you are going to follow this portion of recruiting closely.

I think fans like Franco would be better served following our recruits from the point of commitment onward. Read the scouting reports etc on guys we’ve signed and focus less on the guys we miss out on unless you are going to be able to view it in the proper context. That context being that basically everyone loses out on more guys than they win and the higher the star ranking of the guys we chase the lower our close percentage is likely to be.
I love how you make it sound as if it’s always been this way. The recruiting failures are only a recent thing - last 5-6 years. it used to be fun following the recruiting developments because we won our fair share of prizes. Still remember pitino’s quote about not getting Fab Melo. This is not Syracuse and fans shouldn’t be going around telling other fans that we need to bend over and get used to it.

todd down to Kansas and Michigan. Kansas makes no sense right now but I'm not sure if this kid ever plays in college anyways. This makes the pathway to kentucky for jackson a little easier. They are still after Greg Brown/big cliff/Scottie Barnes/Traynor/Cunningham. Not sure how many guys they plan on taking but I think they want a monster class. Pretty sure they want a combination of jackson/cliff or jackson/brown to go with the guys they already have committed. Either way I think jackson has become a major priority for them. Just my own opinion.

Feel free to physically check out of recruiting too...thanks

todd down to Kansas and Michigan. Kansas makes no sense right now but I'm not sure if this kid ever plays in college anyways. This makes the pathway to kentucky for jackson a little easier. They are still after Greg Brown/big cliff/Scottie Barnes/Traynor/Cunningham. Not sure how many guys they plan on taking but I think they want a monster class. Pretty sure they want a combination of jackson/cliff or jackson/brown to go with the guys they already have committed. Either way I think jackson has become a major priority for them. Just my own opinion.

Side note, Juwan Howard, who’s never coached a game before, is already in a two school race for a top 10 kid. We’ve got to do a better job of recruiting. JB even said it in his radio interview last year. Hopefully we land Isaiah!

Not sure but that question bothered me... just trying to be helpful and give insight on IJ. Obv not directed at you reed..
Bulldog, we had a real informed poster a year or so ago that quit posting because of inane comments and questions and disagreements from a small set of other posters. He got fed up with them. Hope you continue to post insight from wherever source the credible info comes from. Regarding the other informed poster, he is still around providing information to SU fans but via a different mechanism (I.e., podcasts). While I subscribe to his podcasts, I miss his postings on this forum.

Bulldog, we had a real informed poster a year or so ago that quit posting because of inane comments and questions and disagreements from a small set of other posters. He got fed up with them. Hope you continue to post insight from wherever source the credible info comes from. Regarding the other informed poster, he is still around providing information to SU fans but via a different mechanism (I.e., podcasts). While I subscribe to his podcasts, I miss his postings on this forum.
It was more than just that.

Yes, i miss that guy too. He came from a different perspective on the state of team recruiting but as per usual, some folks decided on confrontation as an outlet for their frustration, & the dude finally said “no mas”.
A couple of misses in recruiting and its no longer just “the sky is falling”, it becomes about questioning the integrity or veracity of someone’s info, which is just stupid, IMO.
We all want the same things, but our triggers are different- & if I was being attacked for making the wrong call on a 17 yr old’s college choice, I’d probably check out too. JMHO

Yes, i miss that guy too. He came from a different perspective on the state of team recruiting but as per usual, some folks decided on confrontation as an outlet for their frustration, & the dude finally said “no mas”.
A couple of misses in recruiting and its no longer just “the sky is falling”, it becomes about questioning the integrity or veracity of someone’s info, which is just stupid, IMO.
We all want the same things, but our triggers are different- & if I was being attacked for making the wrong call on a 17 yr old’s college choice, I’d probably check out too. JMHO

Everybody claims to have an "inside source". Sometimes the source gets it 100% wrong.

1. People are going to shoot the messenger.
2, As the messenger, you can't take it personally.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom