Class of 2020 - PF Isaiah Jackson (MI/SpireAcademyOH) to Kentucky | Page 53 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 PF Isaiah Jackson (MI/SpireAcademyOH) to Kentucky

you should have stopped right there
I haven’t read every page was my point. I know the facts of this recruitment. This kid is the most important recruit in a while.
We haven’t gotten a 5 Star Big since Dajuan Coleman.
We need an elite big.

Taking this mindset you must haven't been following Richmond's either.
Didn’t follow it.
I am fine with the Richmond recruitment. Red Autry and JB did great. We have been getting wings.
We need a PG and big who can score.
We need Jackson.
We haven’t gotten a stud big who has contributed since Christmas. Our last 5 star bigs sadly have gotten injury issues. Coleman/McCollough.

We need a 5 star big who can help us score. That is why I am on the IJ is super important train.
Our HC needs the recruiting win.
We have been getting commitments but a legit 5 star is needed.

Didn’t follow it.
We need Jackson.
We haven’t gotten a stud big who has contributed since Christmas. Our last 5 star big sadly injury issues.
I acknowledge McCollough as well.

We need a 5 star big who can help us score. That is why I am on the IJ is super important train.
Our HC needs the recruiting win.
We have been getting commitments but a legit 5 star is needed.

Richmond is trending up quickly. Might end up a 5 star. A 5 star big is not a must have win. Nice win? Yes. Must have? I completely disagree. This year's class is going to be much better than the rankings based on early returns. IJ is good but he isn't making or breaking the program right now.

lol every scouting report is all about IJ having a polished offensive game.

Maybe read themselves yourself before you delete posts.

I haven’t been following this recruitment but this kid is easily the most important recruit in years.
Get it and we should be really good in recruiting.
Lose this one and I honestly will just wait till Buddy graduates to expect to challenge again.
lol
ok

Richmond is trending up quickly. Might end up a 5 star. A 5 star big is not a must have win. Nice win? Yes. Must have? I completely disagree. This year's class is going to be much better than the rankings based on early returns. IJ is good but he isn't making or breaking the program right now.
We need an offensive big.
Again I said nothing about Richmond. Glad we got him. He looks like a stud who will be a SG/SF.
We have recruited that position well.

We haven’t recruited a big who has shown he can score for us consistently since Rak his senior year.
Having Chukwu and no depth at the position has killed our offense.
We need some offense from the front court if we want to compete with the elite teams.

First one I pulled-
2 4 7:
Evaluation

Adequate length but very slender for a four man. Tremendous athlete. Fast and a high riser. Has an extremely quick second jump and the instincts and timing of a top-notch shot blocker. Not considered a skilled offensive player but his skill level is steadily improving. Motor, athleticism and potential project him as a first round pick.

First one I pulled-
2 4 7:
Evaluation

Adequate length but very slender for a four man. Tremendous athlete. Fast and a high riser. Has an extremely quick second jump and the instincts and timing of a top-notch shot blocker. Not considered a skilled offensive player but his skill level is steadily improving. Motor, athleticism and potential project him as a first round pick.

Ok so we have conflicting scouting reports. That certainly isnt every scouting report as you noted. Everything I have read through this recruitment has been about what he brings with defense and rebounding in the zone. Highlights are put backs and fast break dunks. His shot from deep is rarely shown and the one I saw left a lot to be desired. Have not seen much on his handle as noted either. If he is truly a SF skillset offensively and PF defensively then that is news to me.

Our basketball onlies are worse than the people the overly negative football fans.
I swear if people can’t take anything but complete homerism it’s a joke.
I defend Dino more than almost anyone on the football board.

Jim Boeheim is a legend and is the biggest reason we have a major program but the sanctions are gone. It’s time for Syracuse to recruit like it did. The expectations for this season aren’t out of whack. This IJ recruitment is huge.

It’s an opinion and it’s not a fact if you disagree fine stop with the only homer takes allowed. I give Orangezoo credit he is fighting an opinion with a debate and not just stupid I am a better fan than you crap.

Last edited:
Our basketball onlies are worse than the people than the negative football fans.
I swear if people can’t take anything but complete homerism it’s a joke.
I defend Dino more than almost anyone on the football board.

Jim Boeheim is a legend and is the biggest reason we have a major program but the sanctions are gone. It’s time for Syracuse to recruit like it did. The expectations for this season aren’t out of whack. This IJ recruitment is huge.

It’s an opinion and it’s not a fact if you disagree fine stop with the stupid home takes. I give Orangezoo credit he is fighting an opinion with a debate and not just stupid I am a better fan than you crap.

Not fighting here. Just have not seen anything of the sort about IJ being an offensive force. Just getting a defensive player to me doesn't make it huge recruitment wise. With that said it sounds like it is positively trending for us. Hopefully that is the end game too.

Griffin was the lead recruiter
Griffin gets the credit then. Which is fine. As I haven’t been complaining about any of the asssitants.
The staff is doing well.

Not fighting here. Just have not seen anything of the sort about IJ being an offensive force. Just getting a defensive player to me doesn't make it huge recruitment wise. With that said it sounds like it is positively trending for us. Hopefully that is the end game too.
I meant it as a compliment as to you debating my opinion. I got no problem with people who disagree with what I say if they do what you did. I get plenty wrong and admit it.
I can’t stand the homers who can’t take anything but complete and utter spin. They would defend the offense from the past 5 years. I don’t criticize to criticize. Ideally we get IJ on the 15 or 16th and this is a moot point.

Getting a 5 star big vs kentucky is big in my book. You can count the number of guys we have beat out Kentucky for on one hand in 50 years

I meant it as a compliment as to your debate.
I can’t stand the homers who can’t take anything but complete and utter spin. They would defend the offense from the past 5 years. I don’t criticize to criticize. Ideally we get IJ on the 15 or 16th and this is a moot point.

Totally understood your point. Just was reflecting on it as a debate more than argument. There is very little I would defend other than the FF year. Since then it has been hard to watch this program. Landing IJ after getting Richmond would make this the best class we have had in a long time.

Getting a 5 star big vs kentucky is big in my book. You can count the number of guys we have beat out Kentucky for on one hand in 50 years

True and hopefully in this case, one that can also lace them up injury free right off the bat too.

i deleted it because i realized you are not worth the time

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom