Class of 2020 - PF Isaiah Jackson (MI/SpireAcademyOH) to Kentucky | Page 71 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 PF Isaiah Jackson (MI/SpireAcademyOH) to Kentucky

I’m so happy nobody really knows crap about where he is going. It’s made these so called experts look really dumb. Don’t worry they will switch all their crystal balls the day before to seem like they always knew where he was headed

good point. Im more interested in the insiders we have on this board and seeing if they come out right. Hope so!

Often times we don't get to choose the manner in which we show our colors as a community/fanbase and university. It is usually something very organic that tells the story. In this case, amidst all of the very unimportant program results is far more important the support and now wonderful news about Tiana being cancer free. I am glad to see that the Jackson family appreciates the magnitude of the support out there and sees this very opinionated but family oriented community for what it truly is. We yell and insult like everyday is Thanksgiving dinner but also we never shy from supporting our athletes when it comes down to it.

I feel like pops is keeping everyone on their toes. Hes not the most active guy on social media but he posted some stuff and has liked a few things here and there surrounding his kids visits but nothing recently. Now we have been talked about being a distant 3rd by media guys and his most recent likes on twitter are of tiana Beating cancer and a recent sujuice post where they chatted with Zags. This dude is a poker player!

I feel like pops is keeping everyone on their toes. Hes not the most active guy on social media but he posted some stuff and has liked a few things here and there surrounding his kids visits but nothing recently. Now we have been talked about being a distant 3rd by media guys and his most recent likes on twitter are of tiana Beating cancer and a recent sujuice post where they chatted with Zags. This dude is a poker player!
We will find out in less than a week

They drew 11K for Penn. Averaged 10K last season. They have an older dumpy looking smallish arena (only holds 15K). Oats has a big challenge ahead of him. The SEC isn’t an elite conference but it is better than it was and becoming a consistent winner there is going to be a big challenge for him.
I live in Alabama, and no one, I mean no one cares about college basketball. I have like two friends here that kind of follow basketball, and have been to a couple Alabama games with them; It's pathetic the support they get. It's football, football, football...and then maybe baseball at Alabama.

This is what their arena looks like.

Coleman_Coliseum.JPG

It could be a set in a movie set in 1967. Heck, I might have seen it in Forrest Gump.

Coleman_Coliseum.JPG

It could be a set in a movie set in 1967. Heck, I might have seen it in Forrest Gump.
Not sure what’s wrong with their arena. By comparison would you mind posting Outside pictures of Cameron and IU’s Assembly Hall? I was on IU’s campus and their arena from the outside isn’t that different than Alabama’s. It’s the game time atmosphere, ability to develop players and get them to the next level that makes a difference.

Not sure what’s wrong with their arena. By comparison would you mind posting Outside pictures of Cameron and IU’s Assembly Hall? I was on IU’s campus and their arena from the outside isn’t that different than Alabama’s. It’s the game time atmosphere, ability to develop players and get them to the next level that makes a difference.
Sorry man, I have a job. Google is your friend though.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I don't see it with Bama's gym but if you do, I am happy for you.

It's very difficult to find Cameron, based upon how it looks. Felt like going to a HS gym.

It's not a bad Arena , but what's been bad is what happens inside it. Alabama has one Elite eight appearance in hoops history. They have been to the tournament just twice in the last ten years and actually more like twice in the last 13 years.

They don't produce a lot of NBA talent and when push comes to shove they are second fiddle at a football school and nothing is going to change that this side of a miracle. Oats might do well there. Remember though that Gottfried had what could be considered one of the best runs in program history and it hardly turned things around.

Something else to note- despite a respectable average of 13k a game in attendance lately, unlike programs like Duke who when they play elsewhere and in large arenas they pack the house, no one cares when Bama basketball comes to town.

Sexton is their best player in two decades, possibly more and he was on an island. At the end of the day, Oats may have the connection back to Michigan and preach family first but the bottom line is IJ is a bellcow inside he needs to be able to stick for more than 5 years.

We may be struggling, but IJ is a get over the hump, back to top 15 and contender status type of recruit for us not someone we will live and die by.

I really hope that IJ picks cuse. He is such a great fit and i believe is the type of player who would flourish under JB. Regardless of the outcome the staff has by all accounts done everything possible on this one.

I live in Alabama, and no one, I mean no one cares about college basketball. I have like two friends here that kind of follow basketball, and have been to a couple Alabama games with them; It's pathetic the support they get. It's football, football, football...and then maybe baseball at Alabama.

I moved to College Station a few months back and haven't heard 1 person make a peep about basketball and they just brought in Buzz Williams who has to be one of the top 10-12 coaches in the country.

Coleman_Coliseum.JPG

Honestly I love gyms like this. Gyms like this are what make college basketball what it is, they're unique, they have some charm, and I don't think the players care about amenities as long as they have a nice locker room.

I really hope that IJ picks cuse. He is such a great fit and i believe is the type of player who would flourish under JB. Regardless of the outcome the staff has by all accounts done everything possible on this one.

lol. You sure don’t take that stance with other recruits. Any recruit that we really want, the staff does everything possible.

Honestly I love gyms like this. Gyms like this are what make college basketball what it is, they're unique, they have some charm, and I don't think the players care about amenities as long as they have a nice locker room.
I like the Palestra. I even like Cameron Indoor Stadium. Those are classic buildings built by great architects that have stood the test of time.

Not seeing it with this place. The sixties had some great music. Architecture? Not so much.

But personal taste is personal taste. Let's hope Jackson doesn't like it. Though as others have mentioned, it is doubtful this is even a consideration of his when he makes his choice.

from a Kentucky homer.

"25. Isaiah Jackson: Kentucky, Alabama and Syracuse are the three finalists for Jackson, a high-upside forward from Detroit who is scheduled to announce his college decision Saturday. His recruitment is widely expected to come down to UK and Alabama, and the Crimson Tide go into the week as the favorite, though it’s difficult to find anyone who has a strong level of confidence in a prediction. Jackson is likely the only real possibility for another UK addition this fall."

from a Kentucky homer.

"25. Isaiah Jackson: Kentucky, Alabama and Syracuse are the three finalists for Jackson, a high-upside forward from Detroit who is scheduled to announce his college decision Saturday. His recruitment is widely expected to come down to UK and Alabama, and the Crimson Tide go into the week as the favorite, though it’s difficult to find anyone who has a strong level of confidence in a prediction. Jackson is likely the only real possibility for another UK addition this fall."

this recruitment info is like an adult game of telephone. One person says one thing from an unidentified source, and it gets repeated over and over again, regardless of veracity or lack of authentication.

this recruitment info is like an adult game of telephone. One person says one thing from an unidentified source, and it gets repeated over and over again, regardless of veracity or lack of authentication.
One thing I find interesting is that theres even any buzz from the media guys surrounding UK. I'm not saying he wont go there BUT more often then not when UK wants a recruit or is perceived as the leader then it's very well known. This is the complete opposite. Also if you check their forums out there is pretty much little to nothing on Isaiah Jackson and him going there. The buzz surrounding his recruitment from their own fan base is null. That isnt normal for a UK recruit who is about to commit. Just a strange recruitment and difficult to get a feel for. I'd expect to see some activity later this week with all the media guys and info maybe leaking.

I got to tour Rose Hill gymnasium at Fordham. For a long time cbb fan, that was cool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom