Class of 2019 - PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zay is a walking double-double. Posted big numbers against #1 seed Team Takeovers and their big man duo (Dickinson had 9 points, 6 rebounds, 3 blocks and Bacot had 16 points, 4 rebounds, 2 blocks).

Last edited:
Is it just me or is Isaiah a much bigger talent than he’s being advertised? He has to be a top 3 guy..

Is it just me or is Isaiah a much bigger talent than he’s being advertised? He has to be a top 3 guy..

As far as bigs go in his class.. it is Stewart, Wiseman, or Carey. Most have Wiseman ranked #1 overall in the class. I personally like Stewart of the bigs. But I like Cole Anthony as the top player in the '19 class. But to your question, Stewart is considered top 5 already. One could definitely make an argument for top 3.

As far as bigs go in his class.. it is Stewart, Wiseman, or Carey. Most have Wiseman ranked #1 overall in the class. I personally like Stewart of the bigs. But I like Cole Anthony as the top player in the '19 class. But to your question, Stewart is considered top 5 already. One could definitely make an argument for top 3.
Have you seen Cole Anthony live?

I believe Stewart would be a bigger asset and impact than Bazley

Yes... probably 6-7 times and it is always a treat.
How do you see his jump shot? Because I have seen highlights and it looks ok, but if it isn’t consistent, he could be Trevon Duval 2.0.

How do you see his jump shot? Because I have seen highlights and it looks ok, but if it isn’t consistent, he could be Trevon Duval 2.0.

Jump shot is good (still could improve- shoots the 3 in the low to mid 30% range). We always see his highlight packages of his freakish athletic and jumping abilities, but he can score it from all 3 levels. Kid can do it all-- score, create/facilitate, and rebound. Not to mention he is an excellent defender. He has been one of my favorite players to watch over the last few years.

Last edited:
To me, Lecque is Duval 2.0.
Good call. I put Hami Diallo in that group as well, even though he isn’t a point guard. It’s too bad, because these guys would have dominated 20 years ago.

I had video of his interview but the file is too large.

He plans to cut his list after Peach Jam to 5, schedule his visits, and get it going.

Interview finished with Zay saying this about the schools recruiting him hard and calling him everyday...
"The Dukes, ugh Villanova, Texas, umm Georgetown, Michigan State, ugh IU, all those guys, Syracuse, so I mean all those guys are recruiting me hard and calling me everyday. Everything is going pretty good right now."

Maybe he forgot in the moment of a live interview... but Louisville, Notre Dame, and Washington were not mentioned.

I had video of his interview but the file is too large.

He plans to cut his list after Peach Jam to 5, schedule his visits, and get it going.

Interview finished with Zay saying this about the schools recruiting him hard and calling him everyday...
"The Dukes, ugh Villanova, Texas, umm Georgetown, Michigan State, ugh IU, all those guys, Syracuse, so I mean all those guys are recruiting me hard and calling me everyday. Everything is going pretty good right now."

Maybe he forgot in the moment of a live interview... but Louisville, Notre Dame, and Washington were not mentioned.

Not the first one or two mentioned... don’t take it as gospel, but that’s usually not a good sign.

Not the first one or two mentioned... don’t take it as gospel, but that’s usually not a good sign.

That and the fact that he almost left Syracuse out when naming schools. Again.. could be his nerves of doing a live TV interview. But didn't sound promising for us.

Good call. I put Hami Diallo in that group as well, even though he isn’t a point guard. It’s too bad, because these guys would have dominated 20 years ago.
I really liked Hami too and it looked like st one point he was maybe developing a shot but it never ended up really happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.