Class of 2019 - PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man does he remind me of Dajaun Coleman, wide body not an incredible leaper, good touch around basket good rebounder.

Man does he remind me of Dajaun Coleman, wide body not an incredible leaper, good touch around basket good rebounder.
I hope he's got better knees than Coleman. That said, I'd love to land this kid. Maybe if we can land Joe G that will help our chances.

Following the kid to Argentina says all we need to know about where he ranks on the recruiting board for the staff. It would obviously be a major blow if he goes elsewhere.

The idea that we don’t pursue Stewart because we aren’t his favorite right now baffles me. Recruiting is fluid, things change. I like seeing the staff continue to fight.
IMO, a scoring C is the hardest piece for our staff to get. An Arinze type would elevate the potential of the entire team.
Getting one of the big 3 C’s is a longshot. But I sure as hell don’t want to see the staff give up on the dream.

Yeah, that video against Serbia immediately brought Coleman to mind. Kinda wonder if he's one of those guys that will (health permitting) tear it up in college but maybe not be very highly sought after in the NBA.

Perhaps my sarcasm meter needs calibration.i apologize to FrancoPizza if his post was being sarcastic.
There was no sarcasm. If people stopped looking at the name of the poster we might actually have more meaningful dialogue without the preconceived bias. I vote to have all member names hidden from posts for the 2018 season. It would be an interesting experiment.

Stewart had 10 points (4/5 from the field & 2/2 from the line), 6 boards, and 2 steals in 15+ minutes of action in their quarterfinals blowout win over Croatia (126-52). We play Addi P and Team Canada later today.

Screenshot_20180707-144006_Chrome.jpg

I think he is more like Elton Brand or Carlos Boozer. At least that's what K is telling him. He wants Duke but is being smart. I don't think he wants to end up like Bolden.

I think he is more like Elton Brand or Carlos Boozer. At least that's what K is telling him. He wants Duke but is being smart. I don't think he wants to end up like Bolden.
Derrick Coleman

How familiar is he with either's game?

Oh it’s almost like recruiting is about connections and relationships. That’s interesting.
It is like one reason why Osun Osunniyyi went to St. Bonaventure because one of his high school teammates also was going there.

Stewart had 12 points, 5 boards, 2 assists, 1 steal, and 1 block over 19 minutes of action in the blowout semifinals win vs. Team Canada last night.

Tonight in the gold medal game and win over France, Stewart led all scorers with 15 points, 9 boards, 1 assist, 2 steals, and this 1 block...

There was no sarcasm. If people stopped looking at the name of the poster we might actually have more meaningful dialogue without the preconceived bias. I vote to have all member names hidden from posts for the 2018 season. It would be an interesting experiment.
Really? I almost never look at the poster ID before I read a comment. In fact, I frequently read comments and don't check the poster unless I plan to reply.

Last edited:
What's the deal with Stewart and Girard? I've seen references on the board that getting Girard will help with getting Stewart. Are they a package deal?

What's the deal with Stewart and Girard? I've seen references on the board that getting Girard will help with getting Stewart. Are they a package deal?
Yes, JG3's commitment will potentially help in landing Stewart as they've been on record saying they would like to play together. But it is certainly not a definite.

Its more like landing Girard can do nothing but help land Stewart.

Stewart’s such a big recruit that all we can do is position ourselves favorably and hope he wants to stay in New York

Status
Not open for further replies.