Class of 2019 - PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington | Page 31 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.
To no surprise Zay's dominating performance at Peach Jam earned him...

ISAIAH STEWART II | CITY ROCKS (NY)

Peach Jam stats: 19.0 PPG, 53.5 FG%, 84.6 FT%, 12.7 RPG, 1.4 BPG, 1.3 APG (4-2 record)

Honestly, it's hard to play much better than Isaiah Stewart played at Peach Jam. The City Rocks' heart and soul was impeccable for head coach Jim Hart, averaging 19 points and 13 rebounds over six games played. He helped lift the Rocks to bracket play, and his individual performance of 24 points and 12 rebounds almost helped them upset eventual champion Team Takeover. Stewart is now being considered a top-five talent nationally, and his college decision is going to massively change a program for the better.

It’s like having a crush on the high school head cheerleader that you know you’ll never get. Sigh

It’s like having a crush on the high school head cheerleader that you know you’ll never get. Sigh
I'm probably way older than you, but I've been kicked in the nuts by cheerleaders and 18yr old recruits soooo many times. Its fun to dream a little but I invest absolutely no emotional energy into it anymore.

That reporter is from Penn State. He is exactly what you would expect from a journalism student from Penn State.

photo_152.png

Is Isaiah going to be what we all hoped that DC2 was going to be before injuries destroyed any chance of that?

One can dream, sigh. He’s going to be an instant bucket getter in the paint and a big problem for defenses. Anybody but Duke!

I dont know where Isaiah Stewart will end up playing but I dont think SU has much of a chance with the kid from what I hear. My wife is an administrator at the elementary school that he attended in Rochester (MLK School #9). He always visits when he is in town because he has a close relationship with one of the other administators there. From my understanding he wants to leave NY to go play for college. If thats true, its a bad sign for SU. Hopefully he changes his mind or SU gets a few breaks to go our way. It would be a shame to miss out on both Thomas Bryant, and now, Isaiah Stewart.

I dont know where Isaiah Stewart will end up playing but I dont think SU has much of a chance with the kid from what I hear. My wife is an administrator at the elementary school that he attended in Rochester (MLK School #9). He always visits when he is in town because he has a close relationship with one of the other administators there. From my understanding he wants to leave NY to go play for college. If thats true, its a bad sign for SU. Hopefully he changes his mind or SU gets a few breaks to go our way. It would be a shame to miss out on both Thomas Bryant, and now, Isaiah Stewart.

Post-Ryan Blackwell (who we didn't get the first time around), have we gotten a Rochester recruit?

John Wallace, Ryan Blackwell... good connection in mid-late 90s but since then nada.

Is Isaiah going to be what we all hoped that DC2 was going to be before injuries destroyed any chance of that?
I think DC ‘s game didn’t translate well to college more than his injuries played a part, even though they did have an impact.

Post-Ryan Blackwell (who we didn't get the first time around), have we gotten a Rochester recruit?

John Wallace, Ryan Blackwell... good connection in mid-late 90s but since then nada.
Chinonso Obokoh of Bishop Kearney in Rochester chose Syracuse on October 15th, 2012.

Chinonso Obokoh of Bishop Kearney in Rochester chose Syracuse on October 15th, 2012.

Ahhh, yes. Knew there might be one I was missing. Unfortunately, not even close to the level of Blackwell or Wallace. And there have been a couple of higher end guys to come from the area over the last decade.

I think DC ‘s game didn’t translate well to college more than his injuries played a part, even though they did have an impact.

Yeah -- a big dude who didn't use his body very well. Kind of like the antithesis of Arinze.

Yeah, I think Stewart is more athletic as well and better around the basket. I don’t remember how DC2 did in top AAU competition but Stewart has been in beast mode. Weren’t some evaluators wanting to see more fire, domination in the paint, etc., from DC2? This doesn’t mean Stewart will necessarily be some lottery pick but I think he’ll be a great college player. Better than a Thomas Bryant, IMO. He also seems to have a lot of drive to work and improve his game.

Last edited:
Yeah, I think Stewart is more athletic as well and better around the basket. I don’t remember how DC2 did in top AAU competition but Stewart has been in beast mode. Weren’t some evaluators wanting to see more fire, domination in the paint, etc., from DC2? This doesn’t mean Stewart will necessarily be some lottery pick but I think he’ll be a great college player. Better than a Thomas Bryant, IMO. He also seems to have a lot of drive to work and improve his game.
I haven’t seen him in person but I will give you some tidbits I heard from someone very close to Isaiah Stewart. His biggest strengths are his strength and athleticism and also his incredibly high motor. He never quits and always plays hard. He also has a 35 in vertical i was told. The three schools mentioned were Duke, MSU, and Nova, but it doesn’t sound like his recruitment is near over. That’s at least what I understood.

I haven’t seen him in person but I will give you some tidbits I heard from someone very close to Isaiah Stewart. His biggest strengths are his strength and athleticism and also his incredibly high motor. He never quits and always plays hard. He also has a 35 in vertical i was told. The three schools mentioned were Duke, MSU, and Nova, but it doesn’t sound like his recruitment is near over. That’s at least what I understood.

He definitely looks like a brute inside, but I question the vertical. He seems like he plays mostly below the rim despite his freakish wingspan. Not nearly to the degree that Coleman was a below-the-rim player or anything, but he definitely seems to be more in that Onuaku/Coleman mold than Christmas for example.

I think Stewart will be a great college player regardless though.

Wonder how much pull Ewing has for Big men.

Not for one second do I believe the “these kids have never even heard of him” argument.

He’s a hall of famer and arguably the greatest Knick of all time.

Wonder how much pull Ewing has for Big men.

Not for one second do I believe the “these kids have never even heard of him” argument.

He’s a hall of famer and arguably the greatest Knick of all time.
Wasn't Ewing paying his private school tuition at one point, or am I mixing this up with someone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.