Class of 2019 - PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington | Page 101 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve always thought Washington was a sleeping giant. Now with Hop they finally have a coach capable of waking it up. The UW b-ball program is the only basketball in one of the best cities in the country. Congrats to Hop - they’ll be a consistent Top 25 program soon.

You might in the minority for Washington as a sleeping giant

UW does currently have 6 guys in the NBA though. It is definitely a step down from the other programs historically speaking. Imagine what a guy like Hop could do if he was a few hours from NYC.

Historically speaking the Seattle area has been one of the best hotbeds for NBA players

If he can keep the 206 players home, he can build a winning program here (which might be one of the reasons why he took the UW job)

Pretty crazy that a highly rated recruit is going UW. I mean when was the last time someone was a high draft pick coming out of the University of Washington?

Good one. Although, no one heard of Fultz when he was projected as the #1 pick coming out due to it being UW and the west coast. Same will apply for Stewart I imagine if he does end up being a top pick.

Good one. Although, no one heard of Fultz when he was projected as the #1 pick coming out due to it being UW and the west coast. Same will apply for Stewart I imagine if he does end up being a top pick.
No one heard of Fultz because UW was an 8 win team at the time.

No one heard of Fultz because UW was an 8 win team at the time.

The guy was the #1 in the NBA draft from a P5 college team. The fact that it was a west coast team and UW was the reason no one heard of him. If he played for Wake Forest or some other low win P5 or mid major team on the east coast, etc. he would've been a household name. The # of wins had nothing to do with his lack of name recognition.

The Seattle area is a huge hotbed for basketball, you can make a case for one of the best. Around 10 years ago it was even better: Isaiah Thomas, Spencer Hawes, Nate Robinson, Brandon Roy, Jon Brockman, Tony Wroten, and Marvin Williams to name a few.

Romar could recruit, you’d be surprised how many first round picks he has sent to the NBA. Dejounte Murray and Chriss were both first rounders the same year. Fultz was the first pick last year. Not a lot to show for the all the talent, a lot of times Romar would have teams with as many as 3 NBA players. The issue was Romar was the coach.

The Seattle area is a huge hotbed for basketball, you can make a case for one of the best. Around 10 years ago it was even better: Isaiah Thomas, Spencer Hawes, Nate Robinson, Brandon Roy, Jon Brockman, Tony Wroten, and Marvin Williams to name a few.

Romar could recruit, you’d be surprised how many first round picks he has sent to the NBA. Dejounte Murray and Chriss were both first rounders the same year. Fultz was the first pick last year. Not a lot to show for the all the talent, a lot of times Romar would have teams with as many as 3 NBA players. The issue was Romar was the coach.

Then tell Hop to stay the farg out of our neck of the woods!!! :):mad:

The guy was the #1 in the NBA draft from a P5 college team. The fact that it was a west coast team and UW was the reason no one heard of him. If he played for Wake Forest or some other low win P5 or mid major team on the east coast, etc. he would've been a household name. The # of wins had nothing to do with his lack of name recognition.

This is crazy. Plenty of people knew the names Deandre Ayton, Lonzo Ball, Brandon Roy, Nate Robinson, and James Harden.

Did people honestly not know who Fultz was? I guess you only know what you know and I just assumed he was a household name for people who watch basketball. He went to Dematha and was a top 5 recruit

F it...Cuse.
53345994-DD6B-4638-AFEC-391CD614186C.gif

Hopefully Stewart doesn’t get drafted by an NBA team on the west coast. No one will see him play. It makes you wonder how good Golden State could be if they were in Buffalo. I mean they have this great guard named Steph Curry that doesn’t even got talked about. Damn you west coast!!

Hopefully Stewart doesn’t get drafted by an NBA team on the west coast. No one will see him play. It makes you wonder how good Golden State could be if they were in Buffalo. I mean they have this great guard named Steph Curry that doesn’t even got talked about. Damn you west coast!!

I bet you watch Duke v UNC when they play.

We don’t watch USC v UCLA or whatever the big matchup is among west coast schools.

Did people honestly not know who Fultz was? I guess you only know what you know and I just assumed he was a household name for people who watch basketball. He went to Dematha and was a top 5 recruit

Exactly. I'm not going to pretend I saw him as much as other top draft picks but never heard of him?

I bet you watch Duke v UNC when they play.

We don’t watch USC v UCLA or whatever the big matchup is among west coast schools.

You also aren’t scouting or working for an NBA team who will draft him. Sure casual fans may not hear about him, but regardless if he plays at Michigan State or Washington, he will get the same attention from the NBA.

You also aren’t scouting or working for an NBA team who will draft him. Sure casual fans may not hear about him, but regardless if he plays at Michigan State or Washington, he will get the same attention from the NBA.
Markelle Fultz went number 1 and dude can’t even play basketball, so clearly scouts will find you on the West Coast.

Status
Not open for further replies.