Class of 2019 - PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington | Page 99 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point it is what it is. Will always wonder if he’d be wearing orange if Hop was our coach like the original plan intended.

I will say this: Hop’s recruiting success shouldn’t be unexpected even if Stewart doesn’t go there. Think about the recruits we got over the years that were Hop recruits. Much of our recent “golden age” from 09-14 was with guys Hop recruited as well as Rob Murphy.

The fact that his annoucement date was announced right after our win vs Duke and after JGIII got in contact with him is encouraging. Well at least think we have a better shot than we did last week

At this point it is what it is. Will always wonder if he’d be wearing orange if Hop was our coach like the original plan intended.
If he goes to UW for Hop, he sure as heck would have come to SU with Hop. There's gonna be some real winners on here, making themselves look pretty petty on Sunday evening. It's going be so weird to see our former coach, almost pg, and a NYS top 5 national recruit wear purple next year. Yeesh.

I will say this: Hop’s recruiting success shouldn’t be unexpected even if Stewart doesn’t go there. Think about the recruits we got over the years that were Hop recruits. Much of our recent “golden age” from 09-14 was with guys Hop recruited as well as Rob Murphy.
If you have watched him interviewed and his energy and everything I look at it and think what 16 or 17 year old wouldn’t want to play for him

No chance at Cuse. He will be in Washington with Quade Green and Hopkins
I've got nothing against UW or Seattle. Spent a couple years out there and it is awesome. This view from the campus is worth the rain. Sometimes players like to get away to where there is not as much pressure etc. But in all seriousness picking UW over the other options is making the statement "I just want to disappear for a year or so." It's a great place to do that.

1547837750738.png

If he goes to UW for Hop, he sure as heck would have come to SU with Hop. There's gonna be some real winners on here, making themselves look pretty petty on Sunday evening. It's going be so weird to see our former coach, almost pg, and a NYS top 5 national recruit wear purple next year. Yeesh.
Can you imagine if he gets McDaniels out of Seattle who is also top 10. Two top 10 kids plus Quade. People will lose their minds

Anywhere but Duke and I’m cool

I'd say this, plus add UK. Just because I despise Cal & UK.

Would love him in Orange, wouldn't hate him going to play w/ Hop, and Sparty?
Meh. Whatevs.

But Duke would be the worst.
Having to play against him 1-3x, instead of having him play for us, would blow.

The fact that his annoucement date was announced right after our win vs Duke and after JGIII got in contact with him is encouraging. Well at least think we have a better shot than we did last week

I think Chukwu's performance and the potential of having to beat out Paschal (should he return) might have scared him away. Marek's ability to take a charge also probably showed him there is no easy path to minutes here. Might be scared of the competition. Easier path to minutes at Wash, Duke, Kentucky or MSU

Cuse!

I think Chukwu's performance and the potential of having to beat out Paschal (should he return) might have scared him away. Marek's ability to take a charge also probably showed him there is no easy path to minutes here. Might be scared of the competition. Easier path to minutes at Wash, Duke, Kentucky or MSU

Cuse!
I can't tell if I'm getting punk'd right now or not?!?

I'm not so sure that you can assume that. Hasn't it been known all along that he was looking to go away from home for college? With UW, he gets the best of both worlds - far away from home, yet with a very familiar face as his head coach. Win/Win for him.

I'm not so sure that you can assume that. Hasn't it been known all along that he was looking to go away from home for college? With UW, he gets the best of both worlds - far away from home, yet with a very familiar face as his head coach. Win/Win for him.

My thoughts exactly. I think he’s similar to another Rochester big man, Thomas Bryant, in that he wanted to get away from home. Here’s hoping I’m wrong though.

I’m not sure what you mean. I just said it’s going to be weird to see all those guys together, but not at Syracuse. Kind of a bizzaro world. I get that IS has always been a longshot to come here. Trust me, I can totally see why he wants to play for Hop.

I've got nothing against UW or Seattle. Spent a couple years out there and it is awesome. This view from the campus is worth the rain. Sometimes players like to get away to where there is not as much pressure etc. But in all seriousness picking UW over the other options is making the statement "I just want to disappear for a year or so." It's a great place to do that.

View attachment 150463
That baby is going to blow one of these days, then what will you have? Remember Mt. St. Helens?

I’m not sure what you mean. I just said it’s going to be weird to see all those guys together, but not at Syracuse. Kind of a bizzaro world. I get that IS has always been a longshot to come here. Trust me, I can totally see why he wants to play for Hop.

Forgive me if I misinterpreted your original post, but it seemed like you were insinuating that if Hop were at SU, then it would have significantly increased our chances of landing IS. I'm not so sure that's true, based on the general vibe throughout his recruitment that he wanted to go away from home for school.

My thoughts exactly. I think he’s similar to another Rochester big man, Thomas Bryant, in that he wanted to get away from home. Here’s hoping I’m wrong though.
Except that can’t continue to be an excuse for not getting the job done. I don’t see too many Carolina studs wanting to get away from home. It’s just that - an excuse for not closing the deal. We’ve had too many excuses for too long to accept this ineptitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.