Class of 2019 - PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington | Page 59 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes me think he’s made up his mind and wants to get the last two freebie officials over with as there’s only a small chance his minds changed.

Purely speculation but I think the positivity of our visit sped up his time table.

Hopes are raised. What else can I do? Sit here and temper them w/a time released analgesic so I'm not pissed off if he bypasses us. No way. I want this guy and if we get him, it wil be a stunning turnaround. JG3 is perhaps the key - and of course the coaching staff. But JG3 might be the tipping point.

He thinks he’s Cuse or he’s recruiting him to come to Cuse? (Seems like tweet indicates the second option)
You can look at it anyway you want. But my orange colored glasses tell me they have a deal in place to cone to SU together

I haven’t been this excited for an SU season/future since after the end of our Canadian Tournament when everyone realized how effective Ennis would be in his role.

Keep hammering home the fact Izzo played the Number 2 pick in last years draft 18 minutes against us in the tournament.

JB will play you 40!!!!!

Did get him drafted #4 though lol; I'm not sure pointing out that he had a big man drafted in the top 5 last year is really a good idea.

that class also had duncan, hughes, and very under rated roe if i am remembering correctly !!??
While it didn’t work out, as I recall Duncan was a late addition and pretty highly regarded.

I take Some comfort in knowing that MSU Athletics is in no position to be up to any funny busine$$ at this time.

have any of u guys ever been to MSU campus?
I haven't and do not plan on going anytime soon lol
I have and it's flat, very rural like and boring. The b-ball arena has curtains that separate the hallway from arena which makes it look cheesy. I really was not a big fan of anything they had, including East Lansing, which is a complete dump.

I have and it's flat, very rural like and boring. The b-ball arena has curtains that separate the hallway from arena which makes it look cheesy. I really was not a big fan of anything they had, including East Lansing, which is a complete dump.

Would you say it is a worse environment than the surface of the asteroid in Armageddon or a little bit better than that?

Would you say it is a worse environment than the surface of the asteroid in Armageddon or a little bit better than that?
pretty darn close...seriously, I am not exaggerating the fact that Central Michigan, i.e. Flint, Bay City, Lansing, etc. is in very,very bad economic hardship, the entire middle of the state is flat and mostly farm country, and the roads are in horrific condition making it an oppressive place to travel and visit. The only reason I go is to see my spouse's family members, or I would never return to the area.

pretty darn close...seriously, I am not exaggerating the fact that Central Michigan, i.e. Flint, Bay City, Lansing, etc. is in very,very bad economic hardship, the entire middle of the state is flat and mostly farm country, and the roads are in horrific condition making it an oppressive place to travel and visit. The only reason I go is to see my spouse's family members, or I would never return to the area.
If he is unhappy in Indiana, which is much, much nicer than Central Michigan, then he is going to be over the top unhappy in Lansing/East Lansing. The only thing they have going for them is MSU basketball and football, and with these lawsuits lingering over their heads, there's no certainty they will be top-notch programs that much longer. Not to mention, both Zach Randolph and their top 4 draft pick didn't play much under Izzo as frosh. He basically sabotages their careers to keep them around longer. Cal and K recruit over their players and kick them to the curb. Boeheim has always been known to start his best players and maybe even play them a little bit too much.

If he is unhappy in Indiana, which is much, much nicer than Central Michigan, then he is going to be over the top unhappy in Lansing/East Lansing. The only thing they have going for them is MSU basketball and football, and with these lawsuits lingering over their heads, there's no certainty they will be top-notch programs that much longer. Not to mention, both Zach Randolph and their top 4 draft pick didn't play much under Izzo as frosh. He basically sabotages their careers to keep them around longer. Cal and K recruit over their players and kick them to the curb. Boeheim has always been known to start his best players and maybe even play them a little bit too much.

Zach Randolph was one and done and had enjoyed an eighteen year NBA career. But Izzo sabotaged his career to keep him around longer.

Probably not the hottest take I’ve read today, but likely top five.

Zach Randolph was one and done and had enjoyed an eighteen year NBA career. But Izzo sabotaged his career to keep him around longer.

Probably not the hottest take I’ve read today, but likely top five.

He only averaged 19 minutes a game at Michigan State his freshman year. Izzo kept him on the bench, because wanted him to stick around for another year, but he was too good and got drafted first round anyway.

He only averaged 19 minutes a game at Michigan State his freshman year. Izzo kept him on the bench, because wanted him to stick around for another year, but he was too good and got drafted first round anyway.
I should have said attempted to sabotage and not sabotaged...wrong tense of a verb I guess. It is a hot take, however, because it is a fact that he got minimal playing time, because Izzo wanted him to stay another year.

Status
Not open for further replies.