Class of 2019 - PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington | Page 69 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t see Duke cancelling his OV so it would appear that Stewart cancelled to stay home. Can’t be a good sign for Duke IMO. Wonder if it ever gets done?

Didn’t the 2 fo 7 article say he had minor surgery recently? Maybe that’s why he stayed home

It’s Sparty or Cuse. He is obviously well aware of what we have coming in next year and who will probably be coming back. The thing is Stwewart loves the Michigan’s State system and loves Izzo as a coach. This is gonna be close. Bet Girard, Buddy, etc...are in his ear though. This would be one hell of a class if Stewart pulls the trigger for us and we’ll know very soon. We have a lot of momentum on the recruiting trail right now. I really think this could go either way between Cuse and Michigan State.

It’s Sparty or Cuse. He is obviously well aware of what we have coming in next year and who will probably be coming back. The thing is Stwewart loves the Michigan’s State system and loves Izzo as a coach. This is gonna be close. Bet Girard, Buddy, etc...are in his ear though. This would be one hell of a class if Stewart pulls the trigger for us and we’ll know very soon. We have a lot of momentum on the recruiting trail right now. I really think this could go either way between Cuse and Michigan State.
Yep well said

He likes scoring 54 points a game... as a team?

That’s what im thinking as well that’s why i gave us a 50% chance of getting him.

Does his family want him close to home?

Good question and have to figure they would prefer him to be as close as possible. MSU is a 6 plus hour drive where it's 90 minutes to Cuse.

MSU is certainly closer than UK or Duke but still a hefty road trip vs Cuse.

The flip side is MSU is far enough away to be considered leaving home yet still a long car ride vs a flight from his family. MSU presents a fairly solid compromise if Stewart wants to leave his stomping grounds without distancing himself too far from home.

Good question and have to figure they would prefer him to be as close as possible. MSU is a 6 plus hour drive where it's 90 minutes to Cuse.

MSU is certainly closer than UK or Duke but still a hefty road trip vs Cuse.

The flip side is MSU is far enough away to be considered leaving home yet still a long car ride vs a flight from his family. MSU presents a fairly solid compromise if Stewart wants to leave his stomping grounds without distancing himself too far from home.

Amtrak from Syracuse to Rochester is a little over an hour. Beats flying home from Michigan or N. Carolina. A lot cheaper too, for you and your family. Driving?...no contest. Seems like a no brainer to this biased Syracuse fan.

The thing I don’t get about his like of Izzo’s system...is the idea he will play 20-25 mpg.

If you’re a PF then Izzo’s system would be fun I bet. Especially a more traditional one like Stewart. Those guys board with reckless abandon and MSU score in the paint. They feed the bigs. Imagine having a conversation with JB about rebounding and the whole not boxing out philosophy. :confused:

EC930E5F-CE25-41C8-B7D4-D3756232D646.gif

Before everything went down at MSU, I always had a respectful view of Izzo and his program. Check out the guys success in the NCAA tourney. He also seemed like a personable guy. (See photo of Izzo at Football game wth IS). So I do “get” why a young man may want to play for him. Hopefully IS friendships on the team and his relationship with HCJB is equally as strong. Again this is house money at this point but man...to have a guy like IS hitting the boards for us up in the dome is
8EA614F6-3CB8-425F-A334-EF0185976B3F.gif

The thing I don’t get about his like of Izzo’s system...is the idea he will play 20-25 mpg.
Pretty sure Sid would get off the bench for 15. lol

Last edited:
Enjoy going to Iowa Purdue Nebraska northwestern. I mean the ACC by shear optics is a way better conference for basketball. Compare it to a visit to Florida state or Miami NC or Cameron it’s not even close. IS would be playing 35 minutes a game with us.

Before everything went down at MSU, I always had a respectful view of Izzo and his program. Check out the guys success in the NCAA tourney. He also seemed like a personable guy. (See photo of Izzo at Football game wth IS). So I do “get” why a young man may want to play for him. Hopefully IS friendships on the team and his relationship with HCJB is equally as strong. Again this is house money at this point but man...to have a guy like IS hitting the boards for us up in the dome is View attachment 143387

He and the rest of the MSU AD has a long history of covering up sexual assault. Not sure how much good you can find in that.

Before everything went down at MSU, I always had a respectful view of Izzo and his program. Check out the guys success in the NCAA tourney. He also seemed like a personable guy. (See photo of Izzo at Football game wth IS). So I do “get” why a young man may want to play for him. Hopefully IS friendships on the team and his relationship with HCJB is equally as strong. Again this is house money at this point but man...to have a guy like IS hitting the boards for us up in the dome is View attachment 143387
Remember, izzos shenanigans put him in those positions to succeed. Outside forces he takes credit for. Hardly admirable.

When Isiah Stewart went on his Michigan State visit, I read Rocket Watts was on the trip and they talked about playing together at Michigan St. Playing with another 5star is enticing. then they added Malik Hall whose is another 5star. Having 3 players that are 5 stars or high 4stars is a nice start (not including the players already there) towards a great team for 1-4 years, provided-that chemistry among those players exists.

That said, I would prefer Stewart or Akok Akok play at Syracuse

How would anyone know what they spoke about, come on, bottom line at this point (based on what is out there and conversations with sources) he has no clue where he is going

i also was told by a source we are out, but not from the staff, I think until he commits we are in this to the end, we have advantages that can swing it our way, not saying they will, but they very well could and no one else has them (some will say disadvantage, could be true, but can be flipped in seconds)

TBD

Status
Not open for further replies.