Class of 2019 - PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington | Page 87 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of players and teams look bad against Zone. Remember Harden? Especially in a one game format. Jackson is playing well in the NBA. Had a 36-pt game late Nov. I think his bruiser style fits in well for them. We don’t really put bodies on people/block out but rather “go get the ball” as JB says. Bridges is/was a positionless kind of player, IMO, which is a good look these days. He’s getting 20-something MPG in Charlotte. I don’t know. Maybe Stewart just wants to play with a potentially better lineup.
Just saying that their frontcourt is crowded. Izzo often tries to give minutes to 4+ bigs. Even a wild talent like Jackson was only given 22 minutes a game. And skilled bigs like Jackson and Stewart tend to look worse playing with a true center because it messes up floor spacing and their skill advantage at the 4 isn't as pronounced. I don't think it's a great situation for Stewart, and hope he sees this. Although I guess if everyone knows that Ward is gone it makes more sense, but not sure I believe that.

Just saying that their frontcourt is crowded. Izzo often tries to give minutes to 4+ bigs. Even a wild talent like Jackson was only given 22 minutes a game. And skilled bigs like Jackson and Stewart tend to look worse playing with a true center because it messes up floor spacing and their skill advantage at the 4 isn't as pronounced. I don't think it's a great situation for Stewart, and hope he sees this. Although I guess if everyone knows that Ward is gone it makes more sense, but not sure I believe that.
Stewart will play 38.5 minutes at Syracuse. Come on up top

Thread is 87 pages long though. Throw us a bone
You really only need to read back about 10 posts to see that people with pretty good connections think we are out of it. Not sure how much more there really is to say

For those of us who havent been around, can you summarize why?
You wont find a definitive answer why in this thread, as I am sure no one really knows. There could be a million reasons why he is choosing another school over Syracuse.

You really only need to read back about 10 posts to see that people with pretty good connections think we are out of it. Not sure how much more there really is to say

10 posts back state mostly MSU or Duke and except for the random one for Georgetown. But no one can summarize "why" which is the original question.

10 posts back state mostly MSU or Duke and except for the random one for Georgetown. But no one can summarize "why" which is the original question.
Thats because no one knows why he isnt going to come to Cuse. He has never came out and said anything that definitive. He is an 18 year old kid. Maybe he thinks he will get more preparation for the NBA at either Duke or MSU, Maybe he feels the education is better, maybe he bonded better with coaches or players...maybe he saw a bunch of girls he wants to Gronk...

I dont think we will ever really know.

Maybe it has to do with the 24/7 promotional effort for Duke that ESPN has been running. I'm a little bit confused because I thought ESPN was committed to Kentucky and Cal, but maybe they had a breakup.

Seriously. This guy is exactly what we need and then some. He’s going to be fantastic anywhere because he works hard too...sigh.
it's not like we have two friends of his on the team. Or that we are the local school. This is one where in his younger days, JB would have been all over.

it's not like we have two friends of his on the team. Or that we are the local school. This is one where in his younger days, JB would have been all over.

He put enough time into this one though, or hasn’t he?

He put enough time into this one though, or hasn’t he?
I don't know. I probably shouldn't have questioned it. The only reason I did was because I know that Hop was the point person on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.