Class of 2019 - PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington | Page 44 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.
How awesome would it be to have Zay commit. Even if Jordoo's right (he's visiting to confirm ruling us out), that means we're high enough on his list that he needs to make SURE we're not the school for him. Even that is better than where we sat a month ago.

OTOH, if he's seriously considering the 'Cuse, the Girard/home factors may be coming back to him. With Duh-k and UK fading and him rocking an official in October, our chances just shot up. That may be the reason the staff tapped the brakes with Carrigan.

Just my opinion but I highly doubt a recruit would take an official just to rule out a school when they have a list of options such as Isaiah. I could see an official as a nod to a coaching staff for putting in the work, or to go see a beautiful campus/city, but not as a “I just want to be 100% sure I dont want to go there.” This is a top prospect who can go wherever he wants. He has been on campus I imagine a handful of times. He doesnt need to come here at this point to eliminate us. That makes zero sense logically to me.

Last edited:
The selling points are so easy and obvious...its just a matter of meaning something to Isaiah. Basically, he knows hes a 1 and done...so come play your 1 yr at Syracuse just down the thruway from your hometown, so family and friends can come watch you before you head off to the NBA in a yr. All the other stuff is irrelevant as any staff and program can say things like, come here for a chance to win a championship, develop, etc. If we were ever in position to attract a one and done...this is it. I'm sold anyway.

Kentucky visit not going well is not true, however today is not a courtesy visit, based on what I’ve been told it is all up in the air, he does not know which school yet. I agree with the comments that it does not help us being so close to home (in this case), planned awhile ago, entire team and staff with Isaiah tonight!

Kentucky visit not going well is not true, however today is not a courtesy visit, based on what I’ve been told it is all up in the air, he does not know which school yet. I agree with the comments that it does not help us being so close to home (in this case), planned awhile ago, entire team and staff with Isaiah tonight!
I have heard from very good sources that the Kentucky trip didn't go well.

This is one of the few cases the less reliable information seems to be the more I like it. Everything HAD been pointing to us being all but out. Now there's this, to us, surprise visit. Hopefully we've been in it all along and have a legit shot.
Who knows what's going on but his prep school could be in the cross hairs due to the Brian Bowen incident. Anything is possible once you get a kid on an official visit. Maybe he is a little homesick and getting some pressure to pick the Cuse. Who knows but his friendship with JGIII and Buddy can't hurt. Why not Syracuse???

I have heard from very good sources that the Kentucky trip didn't go well.
i recall that uk blew it with dajuan when they told him he didn't have to worry about going to class, which offended him. or at least that was a rumor at the time

i'm starting to think that stewart/akok may be an either/or

many of us had been including stewart with the 5s, and i have thought of akok as a combo forward
but if both think of themselves as 4s, then it is hard to see them both signing.
i don't think su is in the position to be making take it or leave it offers, but maybe first one to commit gets the ship?

i'm starting to think that stewart/akok may be an either/or

many of us had been including stewart with the 5s, and i have thought of akok as a combo forward
but if both think of themselves as 4s, then it is hard to see them both signing.
i don't think su is in the position to be making take it or leave it offers, but maybe first one to commit gets the ship?

If we get Stewart, I'll be shocked. He has to play the 5 in our system. He's a big low block scorer who can't realistically be asked to cover a corner jump shooter at 270 lbs. If he is convinced he's a 4, then he isn't coming here.

If we get Stewart, I'll be shocked. He has to play the 5 in our system. He's a big low block scorer who can't realistically be asked to cover a corner jump shooter at 270 lbs. If he is convinced he's a 4, then he isn't coming here.
6AFE1290-C4CC-4594-BDC6-8EDE623F1932.jpeg

He’s a Top 5 player in this class. You play him anywhere if you can get him.

He will be traveling soon enough when he gets drafted. What’s the hurry? Being a superstar at Cuse is a National stage.

Post players in the NBA have to be able to guard on the perimeter and handle the pick and roll.

If the hangup with Cuse is that he doesn’t want to play the middle of the zone, then don’t play him in the middle of the zone. If he can’t get out on the corner and come up on the wing, then he won’t be able to handle NBA pick and rolls.

I think he’ll get out on the corner/wing well enough.

Let’s score some friggin points for once, regardless.

Last edited:
With Kentucky possibly out of the picture, why not Syracuse?

If the recent crystal ball predictions are true, and Stewart is trending towards Michigan State, I believe we can beat them. We are every bit the program that Michigan State is, and we just beat one of their best teams in years in the tournament last year. If Joe commits tonight, that'd help our cause too.

Getting Stewart would be huge, not sure he is a one and done, 6'9" PF's who can't shout the 3 ball very proficiently have a hard time breaking into the league, not saying he can't develop the outside shot but it will take time. Their are only a few energy guys at PF that have carved a niche out in the league, Kenneth Faried comes to mind.

With Kentucky possibly out of the picture, why not Syracuse?

If the recent crystal ball predictions are true, and Stewart is trending towards Michigan State, I believe we can beat them. We are every bit the program that Michigan State is, and we just beat one of their best teams in years in the tournament last year. If Joe commits tonight, that'd help our cause too.

Michigan St. is just so boring and dull. Very strong and successful program, but...blah. Nothing about them is any fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.