Class of 2019 - PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington | Page 46 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screenshot_20181015-000754_Chrome.jpg
don't quote me on who this person is, credentials 100% unknown to me, posted on the twofoseven article 2 days ago about Stewart's SU official. Thought it was interesting enough to share.

A weird take here on my part...sometimes going away from home as a teenager for close to a year isn't all that fun. It can make you appreciate the area, where you and your family have lived, more than you would have expected. Sometimes, at that age, you realize that you're more comfortable back in those familiar surroundings.

It happened to me. When I graduated high school I went away (1500 miles away)
for my first year of college. I enjoyed that year, but when I got back home I was happy to stay around Syracuse after that brief hiatus.

Looking for an optimistic hook.

Last edited:
A weird take here on my part...sometimes going away from home as a teenager for close to year isn't all that fun. It can make you appreciate the area, where you and your family have lived, more than you would have expected. Sometimes, at that age, you realize that you're more comfortable back in those familiar surroundings.

for my first year of college. I enjoyed that year, but when I got back home I was happy to stay around Syracuse after that brief hiatus.

Agreed. And since he will likely be a one-and-done, he will be away from home once in the NBA. Enjoy being around family and friends one more year.

That's my overly optimistic selling point. ;)

Cheers,
Neil

A weird take here on my part...sometimes going away from home as a teenager for close to year isn't all that fun. It can make you appreciate the area, where you and your family have lived, more than you would have expected. Sometimes, at that age, you realize that you're more comfortable back in those familiar surroundings.

My son's own recruiting process (not nearly as noteable or high pressure, or with the plethora of options) has evolved this way.N
Now he is focused on UAlbany and Manhattan, with LaSalle showing interest.

My son's own recruiting process (not nearly as noteable or high pressure, or with the plethora of options) has evolved this way.N
Now he is focused on UAlbany and Manhattan, with LaSalle showing interest.

What sport?

I haven’t paid much attention to Stewart’s recruitment because he always seemed like a Long shot. But was the main reason people thought he wasn’t coming is because he dudnt want to be close to home? Was there anything else?

I hate to be this guy, but since you’re here and you have SU in your monicker, you’re probably a Cuse fan. That being said, out of the three guys you named, you spelled two of them wrong. I’m sure you meant Billy, Derrick and Carmelo.

Mini-rant over.

I believe that SUBOB1 has been a valued member of the many versions of syracusefan for twenty years, although he doesn't post much now. You might want to cut him some slack.

Status
Not open for further replies.