Class of 2019 - PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington | Page 91 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.
318A8C2C-DDA3-4E7B-BACF-4305E7AC22F4.png
14CA416C-B47B-42B8-8C35-A1BA6E4C624F.png

I actually liked this, even more before I saw the 2nd half, but hey he took the time to retweet JG3. I'm hoping JG3 can take his spirit of winning and contribute anything that might steer IS our way.

I have a feeling he has a good spirit like Matthew Moyer, but unlike Moyer, he seems like a CLOSER(Glengarry Glen Ross reference...JG3 wouldnt have Baldwin telling him to put that coffee down...he could probably dress down that character if need be!).

The tweet says JG3 "is in hot pursuit" of IS. Does anyone here know exactly what that entails? I'm quite curious.

Wow, that may answer my previous question a bit? EPIC!! Gives me a bit of hope to hear IS call him the best shooter in the country! (We'd have the tools to keep defenses from collapsing to focus on IS) Very glad Duke tried to poach JG#...it dispels a lot of the earlier talk about his level of competition. I'm hoping IS was being sincere, regardless of what he chooses. If he is, I think there is a chance of a bit of a domino effect. Man, I can picture the board if it happens! JG3/QG, close this ***!!!!

Last edited:
A lot of people seem to think he is most likely going to UW. On Scout, a lot of experts recently have him a UW crystall ball, including one Syracuse insider.

A lot of people seem to think he is most likely going to UW. On Scout, a lot of experts recently have him a UW crystall ball, including one Syracuse insider.

Not surprised.

Whether he lands him or not i’m beyond impressed with hop. UW’s quickly advancing along the road to becoming an exciting program.

For me, that would be a little bit of a consolation prize...I'll be a little pissed if he goes to MSU or Duke.

No offense but I hop Hopkins never gets another recruit again that Syracuse is recruiting.

I do if it ends up being Washington or Duke. Not particularly interested in playing against any more 5* guys than necessary.

No offense but I hop Hopkins never gets another recruit again that Syracuse is recruiting.

I am ok with Hop having continued successes. We want him to maintain the relationships for when he comes back. ;);)

I'm a Syracuse fan, repeat, a Syracuse fan, so I could care a less about anything UW. If anything, if we lose Stewart to Hop, it'll burn me even more. Stay the farg away from our own backyard, and it you bleed Orange as you say, you wouldn't steal from the hand that fed you all these years. Of course, I'm kidding...okay, not really. ;)

All kidding aside, if he's a one and done, why go to UW, where he'll hardly ever be seen and play in a PAC-12 conference that blows, and in a city where it rains so much...okay, never mind about the rain either. :)

i find it hard to believe that his washington interest is any more than his syracuse interest - more politeness than actual interest. i have long assumed that he would end up at msu . . . but seeing the way the hype machine is working for zion, making him one of the rare stars that the nation knows by a single name, that must have a big influence on zay. especially knowing that he'll be zion's immediate heir.

i now think he ends up at duke. but wth do i know?

Last edited:
Nobody is turning down offers from Duke and Michigan State to go to Washington. Unless they play football. Maybe.

Nobody is turning down offers from Duke and Michigan State to go to Washington. Unless they play football. Maybe.

Markelle Fultz just did it. People underestimate the pull UW has being in a great city like Seattle.

On Scout, I think 4 crystal balls for Stewart went to UW, including one of their main writers who has been 20 for 20 on crystal balls. So don’t be surprised when he signs with UW.

Markelle Fultz just did it. People underestimate the pull UW has being in a great city like Seattle.

On Scout, I think 4 crystal balls for Stewart went to UW, including one of their main writers who has been 20 for 20 on crystal balls. So don’t be surprised when he signs with UW.

UW might be decent but the PAC12 sucks. It is an inferior conference to the ACC and Big 10 or 12 for basketball. He simply won’t get the attention or notoriety he would receive if he played at Washington vs Duke/MSU. I follow college b-ball regularly and didn’t even know who the hell Faulk was until he got drafted. That could make me a little incompetent as a fan however it also proves my point-nobody really cares about the PAC-12 and most eyeballs are on the bigger conferences. Again this is all my opinion and based on what I feel is actually occurring.

UW might be decent but the PAC12 sucks. It is an inferior conference to the ACC and Big 10 or 12 for basketball. He simply won’t get the attention or notoriety he would receive if he played at Washington vs Duke/MSU. I follow college b-ball regularly and didn’t even know who the hell Faulk was until he got drafted. That could make me a little incompetent as a fan however it also proves my point-nobody really cares about the PAC-12 and most eyeballs are on the bigger conferences. Again this is all my opinion and based on what I feel is actually occurring.

I'm not certain that you do now.

Status
Not open for further replies.