Class of 2019 - PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington | Page 131 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next JB radio show I’m calling in and demanding that we start feeding PC in the post so that we stop scaring away all of our big man recruits.
I want him to keep rebounding like he has . We won’t lose many more games if he does.

I agree 100% I've been totally discouraged when i look at JBA. He's not even the center on his high school team and people think he will step into our zone ready to go. Smh. It was encouraging to see us in on Quadus, Stewart, Kofi etc this cycle. Now if we can just get a post player to come back and coach at Syracuse. Hopkins was the former quard now vig man coach at Syracuse. Now we just have a bunch of coaches that a have never ib there playing days posted up or defended the post trying to teachbig men. Smh

I'm not sure if it is a downgrade/upgrade from Katie Kolinski doing a portion of the work with them a couple years back? Maybe some of the semi-insiders would like to weigh in at some point on this.

Last edited:
FFS we are 4-1 in the ACC and virtually every thread is an abomination of negativity today.

No kidding. 4-1. Beat Duke a week ago. Things are looking better. And all we have is thread after thread and post after post of negativity by the same 6, 7, 8 posters. Killing JB, GMAC, our recruiting, Buddy, Frank, Chewy, Oshae, our own recruits, the state of the program, Hopkins, etc, etc. Many posts and/or threads have been deleted. So it’s been worse than people can even see. The guilty ones are the ones who are negative about anything and everything always.

It’s getting pretty tiring and isn’t going to go on much longer. Yea, take that as a warning people.

Because recruits and their parents should be smart enough to know that it’s about personnel. When teams have big men who are good enough to post up or play in the paint, Syracuse has always given them the ball and gotten them touches. It’s only been a few years since we had one of those dominant big men (Rak). And we even did it with DaJuan but he was hampered by injury. Speaking of Stewart, when he was growing up in Rochester, we had AO and Rick Jackson and Fab, and I thought his family are Cuse fans.

While I agree to an extent, even though memory is not my strong suit, I specifically remember complaining multiple times about not getting the ball into the post several years ago when we had actual point guards(and good ones, at that). At the moment I don't have the desire to look up the posts, partly because I somewhat agree with what you're saying, however at times I felt there were valid complaints on here to the contrary. Let's hope that changes.

No kidding. 4-1. Beat Duke a week ago. Things are looking better. And all we have is thread after thread and post after post of negativity by the same 6, 7, 8 posters. Killing JB, GMAC, our recruiting, Buddy, Frank, Chewy, Oshae, our own recruits, the state of the program, Hopkins, etc, etc. Many posts and/or threads have been deleted. So it’s been worse than people can even see. The guilty ones are the ones who are negative about anything and everything always.

It’s getting pretty tiring and isn’t going to go on much longer. Yea, take that as a warning people.
Thank freaking God

You get the ball if you can produce down low. Christmas, Rick and Onuaku saw the ball a lot. The offense will run through the 5 if they are a legit threat.
I respect what you say but totally disagree. You cant show me a game when our big men got 5 post entry possessions. Hell not even combined between the three. If i dont get a post entry or have a play called for me, how the heck can I produce??????? Our big men set picks, block shots, throw back door passes to guards and offensive rebound. They get NO chance to perform. And lets be honest Rock was basically the same till his senior year. I am willing to concede that it isn't just the coach. Frank is a converted shooting guard. Tyus is a two guard. Gbinije was a small forward. Jalen Carey was a great scoring guard at Immaculate and now playing pg. So maybe thats the problem. Maybe Howard Washington CAN complete a simple entry pass Maybe that will solve the problem. I know they pass pass pass around the perimeter then jack up a contested 3 as shot clock expires is frustrating to say the least

Please provide some examples to back that up. This ought to be good.

Half the board is arguing that our recruiting sucks and we don't pull decent players anymore and you come in the back door arguing he's doing less with more.

I dont think he mentioned Marek. ;)

Lots of ppl are saying player development is poor. I agree. Igor used to call it getting Boeheimed. He was right. Carey is a great example...kid can obviously play but he's gotten worse. So has OB. So has Sidibe. And until the last couple of games so has Chuk. Go back a few years...McCullough got worse. The soph jump is dead.

Probably my favorite word used on here, even ahead of "meltdown", and which I haven't seen as much after we switched to the current incarnation of this site. Speaking of Igor and "Boeheimed", did Igor get Boeheimed?

Can you imagine what we would be saying if Zay put on that Block S hat last night. Here's what my prepared post was...

Now with Stewart i see 34 wins and our 2nd championship. Zay is just as physical but more refined and polished offensively in the post than Zion and will dominate. Try double teaming him with Buddy, Joe G, Quincy and Hughes flanked on the perimeter hands ready for the pass for 3! Wow cant wait... Man i would have been pumped but instead i look at the big men out there and now we are in desperation mode for a big that can help. No choice but to keep fighting big big game Thursday hopefully not a GTech type trap game

Man... McCullough. I always feel like that injury robbed us of watching a truly special player develop. He wasn’t quite ready for the NBA but I find it inarguable that he made the correct decision for his life.

Agreed, my man. After Boeheim teased us about his secret recruit that was "the best since Melo", how could we feel anything but robbed by what we ended up with? Man, I'm not sure what the answer is to the questions in the thread, but maybe we could generalize it(no pun intended) by saying the program has been very unlucky in some regards for quite awhile? I mean it isnt quite like "The Curse(tm)" the Red Sox or the Bills each had for so long, but cumulatively for lack of any one or two consensus things to point a finger at, I'm comfortable with words like "misfortune", "robbed", etc, until I see something more definitive. Even the fortune we label as good, often turns into a "he gone", earlier than expected.

The coaches always seem to come up with someone unexpected, not by choice who comes in underrated and under recruited who surprises all of us with his play. That’s where we’re at now.

It's like an all you can eat H0T Takes buffet.

And a lot of folks in here might be viewed as overeaters. ;)

EDIT: To be frank(no pun intended), I'm not sure if i agree with the "straight man" posts much/any more than I do the so called H0T Takes, even though I don't know if Ive said anything that would be considered one. I feel very comfortable saying i dont see any clear consensus on here as of yet. Then again, I do have about one more page to read, so who knows.

EDIT 2: Why is HT a banned/censored term on here, when I've never been on another board who uses it nearly as much as on here? Just asking, not commenting.

Last edited:
For whatever reason he did not want to be close to home, and that is okay.

I didnt watch his announcement or read any quotes as of yet, so did he actually say this, or is that an assumption? I did read some paraphrasing that the relationship with Hop was important.

Thomas Bryant, Naz Carter, now Isaiah Stewart - don't guys from Rochester have any family values?

lol, nice. Who knows, maybe Hop ended up feeling like family to them?

Those takes are exactly why I keep coming back to this thread.

Here’s hoping they don’t dry up anytime soon.

If you think about it, "H0T Takes" are how evolution works, and how a species progresses. Sure most of the deviant traits get mowed down in various ways, but the relatively small number that make it through, create a jump.

Oops, part way through that your screen name sunk in, and I didnt mean anything offensive. I'm fine with sticking to "in theory", and feel it's a pretty decent metaphor.

FFS we are 4-1 in the ACC and virtually every thread is an abomination of negativity today.

I see your point, it's pretty decent, I like your attitude(despite your vulgar and somewhat confronational acronym, lol). To play "devil's" advocate:

Maybe some folks are also considering OOC, and think our ACC schedule is back heavy? Maybe also they are very disappointed that Hop helped prove me right after a couple of years of the mockers telling me it was impossible and not a single person that I can recall agreeing with me? I'm not sure, just some theories, I'm cool with folks deciding for themselves.

Honestly, unless a person was rather new here, how much of this was completely unexpected? Are some of us feeling like Charlie Brown expecting a different outcome when Lucy is holding the ball for him to kick?

Last edited:

About time, Bees.
This is getting tired...and very quickly. I've always looked forward, lo these many years, to visit the board at least once a day to see what's cookin'. Lately, I find myself hesitating- just can't take the constant over-the-top negativity.
Arguing with folks who're predisposed to see the program in the worst possible light, is frankly a study in futility. Hard to summon the energy to debate whether "JB is not a great coach", or "the zone defense is a fail", or "Chukwu/Buddy/Carey/Howard/Battle/Eli/Tyus/Sidebe/Marek/etc. etc. ", are a lost cause. Just don't wanna suffer fools gladly.
I've always hated censorship of any kind...but some of these posts feel like Russian troll farm employees, ffs. JMHO.

(This is kind of to anyone, even though I'm replying to this quote near the current end of the thread). I see myself as a chaotic-neutral character(RPG reference, for anyone who wasnt aware) for a good portion of the time, which would mean a chunk of my posts could be perceived as negative by those who are consistently more close to the homer end of the spectrum than the other end or true center. Am I in jeopardy of being banned too? Semi-kidding, but Ive never been on a board as unique as this one before. ;)

I mean many parents who love their kids more than average would be deemed by a decent amount of pop culture to be "too harsh" on them...whereas some who dont care as much about the kids are much more lenient, if you can see the metaphor. I also see where you're coming from too, so I want to make sure I dont get lumped in with these nefarious characters ye speak of. This was a HUGE loss in the minds of many, can we all give it a bit to pass before we judge the fandom of others? Pain is subjective, some experience it much differently than the average person. I also would like to see this place be inclusive, and a safe space for ALL TYPES of people, treated like semi-equals(more flies with honey, right?). Lets go board, LGO! We've been through worse, this too shall pass! Let's buckle up and enjoy the ride, uncertainty is part of what keeps life interesting, otherwise there are the Globetrotters, maybe the Jayhawks and Patriots too. (I appreciate you Bees! Keep up the good work)

Last edited:
About time, Bees.
This is getting tired...and very quickly. I've always looked forward, lo these many years, to visit the board at least once a day to see what's cookin'. Lately, I find myself hesitating- just can't take the constant over-the-top negativity.
Arguing with folks who're predisposed to see the program in the worst possible light, is frankly a study in futility. Hard to summon the energy to debate whether "JB is not a great coach", or "the zone defense is a fail", or "Chukwu/Buddy/Carey/Howard/Battle/Eli/Tyus/Sidebe/Marek/etc. etc. ", are a lost cause. Just don't wanna suffer fools gladly.
I've always hated censorship of any kind...but some of these posts feel like Russian troll farm employees, ffs. JMHO.

Sincere question. one of my shortest posts ever: Why can't you just ignore them and focus on the posts you like?

(EDIT: lol actually it's hard to resist not smiling at the bolded portion, and therefor writing more than orginally intended). I'll ignore the conspiracy theory portion of your post per the rules(cough cough). I'm hoping we can oercome this "us and them" mentality most of us are capable of slipping into for moments(although some might argue that being a hardcore fan of a team perpetuates it). Good vibes to you brother, don't give in to the dark side. LGO!

Last edited:
Sincere question. one of my shortest posts ever: Why can't you just ignore them and focus on the posts you like?

(EDIT: lol actually it's hard to resist not smiling at the bolded portion, and therefor writing more than orginally intended). I'll ignore the conspiracy theory portion of your post per the rules(cough cough). I'm hoping we can oercome this "us and them" mentality most of us are capable of slipping into for moments(although some might argue that being a hardcore fan of a team perpetuates it). Good vibes to you brother, don't give in to the dark side. LGO!

Simple answer: I prefer to interact on this forum...always have, always will. The best part has always been when having discussions that are grounded in reality. Its hard for me to see thread after thread, in week one of the bball season no less, where some mamaluke is proclaiming that "so-and-so is not a Div 1 player". Its like a highway crash...I don't wanna look, but I have to see what's going on!
Maybe I just expect more or whatever, but the preponderance of, IMO, garbage posts, is killing the spirit of the board. Not sure what can be done about it, but the negatoids thrive on negativity...and lately, they've been dominating.

Simple answer: I prefer to interact on this forum...always have, always will. The best part has always been when having discussions that are grounded in reality. Its hard for me to see thread after thread, in week one of the bball season no less, where some mamaluke is proclaiming that "so-and-so is not a Div 1 player". Its like a highway crash...I don't wanna look, but I have to see what's going on!
Maybe I just expect more or whatever, but the preponderance of, IMO, garbage posts, is killing the spirit of the board. Not sure what can be done about it, but the negatoids thrive on negativity...and lately, they've been dominating.

Friend, I hear you. In the past, I could have quoted Bill Clinton and said, "I feel your pain", and actually been much more sincere than him. My original mentor on here(RIP) was the most positive guy on the board, and I took after him for quite some time. Now, I bounce around where the mood takes me, in the now, to borrow from Eckart Tolle.

I suppose it would be wise of me to ask what your ideal solution is in order to get people to post how you'd like them to post? For me when I consider such things, I sometimes think about real life solutions for models.

For example, right from this board, we have a great yet humble poster named BBallBeadle. You may have seen the thread with her real life troubles with a very negative and vocal fan that was ruining her experiences with a very vocal and very negative fan who was ruining her experience at the games where she paid money for season tickets. Like my question to you, she asked folks on here for suggestions. She said she used humor and kindness, rather than some of the more forceful suggestions that were given, and it worked. She also said that the team's improvement also helped. I mean, sometimes it can be difficult to silence people when they're speaking the truth, as they see it. Maybe I will invite her to come in here to try to help reconcile the differences, as she seems to be kind in nature, and quite wise...and maybe more patient than some of us.

I actually was putting some thought into an original post, as opposed to all of my other ones in here which were replies, and was about to post it when I saw your post. Maybe the allegory will make sense to some and help change perspective a bit. I don't know, but I can try.

Like I said a bit earlier, we just lost the biggest recruit in some time("lost" being a word HH Mike Waters used, for any who dont like it),. Various folks are frustrated for various reasons, but the volume of such posts will slow down...I'll wager money on it like I did when I made an open bet the year most folks on here thought we weren't getting into the tournament, lol. According to Bees, it could be much worse if you saw everything folks wrote(or like you said, like a car wreck you might be interested in checking it out, lol. Drew Carey actually used that analogy to describe looking at his co-worker, "Mimi", on his show back in the if you or anyone else is familiar). In nature, diversity seems to let the best win out. I mean, some of the things I have posted were considered nearly impossible, yet came to be...and that's from a small amount of predictions that I make. Ten years ago, likely the majority of people would say what Tom Brady is doing now wouldnt be rooted in reality if one of us had predicted it. Although I mocked it's use as the finale for a benefit concert where a number of people had died, Paul McCarney's "Live and Let Die" just popped into my head. I don't know, I am one voice of many. I'm trying to help with our first world problems, because I realize we all experience things differently, and remember that it took me some time to come to that realization.

I was serious about the parable of Beadle. You may remember my mentor, and how positive I was 2(I think) boards before this one. The fella went nuts at times because of the negativity, which was from a higher percentage of people, and more popular ones, than it is now. I urge you not to let the negativity of others through your firewall to effect your wellbeing. If these guys go too overboard and break TOS, I'm pretty certain they will be handled accordingly by staff. Otherwise, maybe we can do our best to be the change we want to see on the board. Maybe I myself wasn't taking the sensitivity of some folks on here as seriously as I should have. I'll try to be more mindful to navigate more safely during what I forecast to be a relatively brief storm, which I predict we all can weather.

If I made one person smile, or was otherwise helped in any way with this post, it would have been worth any who think I look like a putz. Man, I just remembered the one I was intending to write, ha. LGO!!!!

PS If anyone ever wants to talk about anything, feel free to PM me. I know many of us are strangers, but it doesn't need to feel that way. I may look like a jerk when I'm drunk or upset, but even then I'd be glad to help anyone pass the time. Sometimes, I can actually be more concise too. I'm a work in progress, like some of the guys we recruit, but I still think I could contribute in a pinch. If anyone wants to vent about the team or anything, I wont turn you away. Kind of like one of those recovery tents they give at music festivals for kids these days.

So before that last post, I decided to read a bit of news about IS(does that look like half of ISIS to anyone else, or is it just me?) from my preferred search engine's results. After finishing one relatively short article, I accidentally came upon one from our favorite UNC grad, HH, Mike Waters. I figured after winning the title belt for NYS sports writer of the year, he might have some interesting things to say.

He used the quotes of Boheim in a post game presser, when grilled about losing Quade Green. JB, as usual, did his thing. For some reason, a Jetro Tull song popped into my head. Shortly there after, I realized it synchronized a decent number of my replies to others tonight, as well as the recruiting situation in general, and probably a whole lot more. No, it wasn't Aqua Lung this time. I'm not sure if the allegory will work for others, but it did for me, in that moment at least. Rather than post a youtube video, I'll paste the lyrics, in case someone wishes to see them. Then I'll finally be done catching up with this interesting thread for awhile.

(BTW, I never finished the champ's article. I was thinking about this post andthen noticed a reply to my last post. Said article was similar in length to my longer posts, as it covered much more than IS, and icluded a lot of speculation about next season which I'd already read on here. I'm not sure if one was the source for the other at all, or not). Anyhow, this song helped remind me check a different perspective on the situation, ,including when we disagree on here, and how it's all part of the the game, while seemingly incorporated parts of at least 3 of my earlier replies. It's no Mike Waters material, but some folks seem to like it, whether they think about the allegory or not(the music helps). I imagine a number of you may be familiar with it:
(I recall someone disputing one word in here, but I'll leave it as is. I dont think I ever gave the lyrics much thought until it popped into my head tonight. And no, I dont curently plan to write a parody/tribute from this one, too)

Walking through forests of palm tree apartments ---
scoff at the monkeys who live in their dark tents
down by the waterhole --- drunk every Friday ---
eating their nuts --- saving their raisins for Sunday.
Lions and tigers who wait in the shadows ---
they're fast but they're lazy, and sleep in green meadows.

Let's bungle in the jungle --- well, that's all right by me.
I'm a tiger when I want love,
but I'm a snake if we disagree.

Just say a word and the boys will be right there:
with claws at your back to send a chill through the night air.
Is it so frightening to have me at your shoulder?
Thunder and lightning couldn't be bolder.
I'll write on your tombstone, ``I thank you for dinner.''
This game that we animals play is a winner.

The rivers are full of crocodile nasties
and He who made kittens put snakes in the grass.
He's a lover of life but a player of pawns ---
yes, the King on His sunset lies waiting for dawn
to light up His Jungle
as play is resumed.
The monkeys seem willing to strike up the tune.

Last edited:
Oops, part way through that your screen name sunk in, and I didnt mean anything offensive. I'm fine with sticking to "in theory", and feel it's a pretty decent metaphor.

Lol relax, I believe in evolution.

My screen name is a Native American reference to lacrosse.

Status
Not open for further replies.