Class of 2019 - PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington | Page 132 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friend, I hear you. In the past, I could have quoted Bill Clinton and said, "I feel your pain", and actually been much more sincere than him. My original mentor on here(RIP) was the most positive guy on the board, and I took after him for quite some time. Now, I bounce around where the mood takes me, in the now, to borrow from Eckart Tolle.

I suppose it would be wise of me to ask what your ideal solution is in order to get people to post how you'd like them to post? For me when I consider such things, I sometimes think about real life solutions for models.

For example, right from this board, we have a great yet humble poster named BBallBeadle. You may have seen the thread with her real life troubles with a very negative and vocal fan that was ruining her experiences with a very vocal and very negative fan who was ruining her experience at the games where she paid money for season tickets. Like my question to you, she asked folks on here for suggestions. She said she used humor and kindness, rather than some of the more forceful suggestions that were given, and it worked. She also said that the team's improvement also helped. I mean, sometimes it can be difficult to silence people when they're speaking the truth, as they see it. Maybe I will invite her to come in here to try to help reconcile the differences, as she seems to be kind in nature, and quite wise...and maybe more patient than some of us.

I actually was putting some thought into an original post, as opposed to all of my other ones in here which were replies, and was about to post it when I saw your post. Maybe the allegory will make sense to some and help change perspective a bit. I don't know, but I can try.

Like I said a bit earlier, we just lost the biggest recruit in some time("lost" being a word HH Mike Waters used, for any who dont like it),. Various folks are frustrated for various reasons, but the volume of such posts will slow down...I'll wager money on it like I did when I made an open bet the year most folks on here thought we weren't getting into the tournament, lol. According to Bees, it could be much worse if you saw everything folks wrote(or like you said, like a car wreck you might be interested in checking it out, lol. Drew Carey actually used that analogy to describe looking at his co-worker, "Mimi", on his show back in the if you or anyone else is familiar). In nature, diversity seems to let the best win out. I mean, some of the things I have posted were considered nearly impossible, yet came to be...and that's from a small amount of predictions that I make. Ten years ago, likely the majority of people would say what Tom Brady is doing now wouldnt be rooted in reality if one of us had predicted it. Although I mocked it's use as the finale for a benefit concert where a number of people had died, Paul McCarney's "Live and Let Die" just popped into my head. I don't know, I am one voice of many. I'm trying to help with our first world problems, because I realize we all experience things differently, and remember that it took me some time to come to that realization.

I was serious about the parable of Beadle. You may remember my mentor, and how positive I was 2(I think) boards before this one. The fella went nuts at times because of the negativity, which was from a higher percentage of people, and more popular ones, than it is now. I urge you not to let the negativity of others through your firewall to effect your wellbeing. If these guys go too overboard and break TOS, I'm pretty certain they will be handled accordingly by staff. Otherwise, maybe we can do our best to be the change we want to see on the board. Maybe I myself wasn't taking the sensitivity of some folks on here as seriously as I should have. I'll try to be more mindful to navigate more safely during what I forecast to be a relatively brief storm, which I predict we all can weather.

If I made one person smile, or was otherwise helped in any way with this post, it would have been worth any who think I look like a putz. Man, I just remembered the one I was intending to write, ha. LGO!!!!

PS If anyone ever wants to talk about anything, feel free to PM me. I know many of us are strangers, but it doesn't need to feel that way. I may look like a jerk when I'm drunk or upset, but even then I'd be glad to help anyone pass the time. Sometimes, I can actually be more concise too. I'm a work in progress, like some of the guys we recruit, but I still think I could contribute in a pinch. If anyone wants to vent about the team or anything, I wont turn you away. Kind of like one of those recovery tents they give at music festivals for kids these days.
Its kinda hard in that a major issue for me is, I simply don't wanna dictate how/where/when or why folks post, and vice-versa don't like anyone dictating to me. My issue is the current preponderance of a certain type of post over another.
An analogy would be years ago when I'd listen to the old Mike and the Mad Dog show on WFAN in NYC. Loved the show at drive-time every day, but over time I stopped listening because it started being dominated by Yankees baseball talk, 24-7, 365. They'd spend a brief time on current sports news, maybe throwing a bone or two- but I simply couldn't take another discussion about "who's the middle reliever next year"...in December, no less! So, I simply stopped listening.
Again, we just won a huge game at the number one team in the country, and a large segment of the board wants to focus on losing a prospect, or how much certain players SUCK at any given times...until they don't! I mean Chukwu was an abomination...until the big game at Duke.
Sorry, 4 weeks of "He sucks, will never amount to anything", is often met with silence when a player proves them wrong...AGAIN! Rinse and repeat.

You can spin how you want people have right to feel disappointed . This all about recruiting, when you can’t lock up 5 stars kids in our backyard it’s a problem. Don’t have to name the multiple big men that have missed on . Look at all of teams we that play, you can count one on fact, their big eat our big men for lunch. When will this troublesome trend end?

IMHO...recruiting is adequate. Not great, but not as horrific as some of you suggest.

Player development however is another story ...

We have talent on our roster.

Frank Howard's handle -- arguably his biggest flaw upon arrival -- has actually gotten worse. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on his shooting this year due to injury.

Shocking how the player development piece has gone downhill, honestly. It was a pillar of what we were as a program. Kris Joseph, Scoop Jardine, Rick Jackson, Arinze Onuaku, the list goes on. They all got so much better over the course of their careers.

Has nothing to do with lack of facilities and I doubt it has to do with the player's willingness to get better. All seem like they do genuinely care, for the most part.

Last edited:
Its kinda hard in that a major issue for me is, I simply don't wanna dictate how/where/when or why folks post, and vice-versa don't like anyone dictating to me. My issue is the current preponderance of a certain type of post over another.
An analogy would be years ago when I'd listen to the old Mike and the Mad Dog show on WFAN in NYC. Loved the show at drive-time every day, but over time I stopped listening because it started being dominated by Yankees baseball talk, 24-7, 365. They'd spend a brief time on current sports news, maybe throwing a bone or two- but I simply couldn't take another discussion about "who's the middle reliever next year"...in December, no less! So, I simply stopped listening.
Again, we just won a huge game at the number one team in the country, and a large segment of the board wants to focus on losing a prospect, or how much certain players SUCK at any given times...until they don't! I mean Chukwu was an abomination...until the big game at Duke.
Sorry, 4 weeks of "He sucks, will never amount to anything", is often met with silence when a player proves them wrong...AGAIN! Rinse and repeat.

In all diplomacy, you made the decision to stop listening to WFAN, you also have the ability to do the same here. Complaining is complaining, and no matter how you want to slice it, you're still complaining.

You've been around, so just as Captain J mentioned, just tune it out or not pay attention to it. The interesting thing about anything that is, let's say 'weight bearing' the more "attention" one pays to it, the larger the issue seemingly becomes.

Fans are passionate, it's why everyone is here, for the most part. And, being passionate, fans can simply lose their mind so to speak, every now and again. Yes, it can be a crying shame, but really no harm no foul, as the most significant thing is their passion for our beloved Orange and ultimately wanting success. Again, if you don't like what a poster is posting or complaining about, if you (anyone) doesn't respond or pay attention to it, you know what happens, it dies out...and rather quickly at that. Ever been ignored in your life? It's not a pleasant feeling...so that's how your respond, by not responding at all.

In any event, in regards to Chukwu, he had a couple of good games recently. But prior to that, he has been nothing but inconsistent and frustrating, for all the obvious reasons that have been mentioned here since he's been Orange. There's a reason JB benched him, and it wasn't due to any injury. Prior to these last 2 games, have you thought Chukwu was someone who should be playing significant minutes at the P5 level, let alone at a school as lofty regarded as SU?

I think the glaring issues in regards to player development are with OB, Marek and Sidibe. Chukwu’s Chukwu, he’s an acceptable project at 7’2. Frank’s progressed each year. Tyus, I’m not sure.

I think the glaring issues in regards to player development are with OB, Marek and Sidibe. Chukwu’s Chukwu, he’s an acceptable project at 7’2. Frank’s progressed each year. Tyus, I’m not sure.

OB & Sidibe, I can see the argument. But not for Marek. Did you see Donna's wonderful article about him today. If not, you should check it out. It's superb.

OB & Sidibe, I can see the argument. But not for Marek. Did you see Donna's wonderful article about him today. If not, you should check it out. It's superb.
Do you have the link? I’ve not.

Marek, imo, is capable of being twice the contributor he’s been. That’s not an insult to how he’s played, he’s played well, and has had flashes of brilliance. Outside of weight gain, I’d love to see him consistently be more aggressive and put himself in position to touch the ball each possession. Some possessions he makes our offense look like an offense, others hes standing around. He’s young and has plenty of time. Like others, my main concern was lack of physical change bur I’m no doctor.

In all diplomacy, you made the decision to stop listening to WFAN, you also have the ability to do the same here. Complaining is complaining, and no matter how you want to slice it, you're still complaining.

You've been around, so just as Captain J mentioned, just tune it out or not pay attention to it. The interesting thing about anything that is, let's say 'weight bearing' the more "attention" one pays to it, the larger the issue seemingly becomes.

Fans are passionate, it's why everyone is here, for the most part. And, being passionate, fans can simply lose their mind so to speak, every now and again. Yes, it can be a crying shame, but really no harm no foul, as the most significant thing is their passion for our beloved Orange and ultimately wanting success. Again, if you don't like what a poster is posting or complaining about, if you (anyone) doesn't respond or pay attention to it, you know what happens, it dies out...and rather quickly at that. Ever been ignored in your life? It's not a pleasant feeling...so that's how your respond, by not responding at all.

In any event, in regards to Chukwu, he had a couple of good games recently. But prior to that, he has been nothing but inconsistent and frustrating, for all the obvious reasons that have been mentioned here since he's been Orange. There's a reason JB benched him, and it wasn't due to any injury. Prior to these last 2 games, have you thought Chukwu was someone who should be playing significant minutes at the P5 level, let alone at a school as lofty regarded as SU?

Being a passionate fan is not the same as being constantly negative and complaining about everything. It drags the board down, pushes away good posters and becomes baby sitting for the mods. It’s going to stop.

Sophomore slump is a real thing. Look it up. Last I looked Brissett, Marek & Sidibe are all Sophomore's. It is all a natural progression. Natural progressions do not all accelerate consistently. There are often stops & starts.

This is reality. However, a common theme on here, is that there should always be forward progress & when there isn't, it is the coaching staffs fault. There is no sense of reality or acceptance of culpability on the part of the player.

All due respect, but you’re not getting the point. Believe me, I know what my choices are here. It’s the fact that I have to face such a dilemma after more than a decade on this board, that has me wondering why things have changed- IMO.
There’s always been an element of arguing and debate here, it’s too simplistic to suggest otherwise. But there’s a reason why i don’t go to the S y racuse.com message boards - they simply do not bring the proper perspective on their forums, & are likewise populated by posters who are a reflection of that lack of perspective. It used to be if you wanted to throw a dig at someone on this board you’d say: “Look, this ain’t s y racuse.com, so chill out”.
Unfortunately, we can no longer use that dig, since this board has devolved largely into a “johnny-one-note” like place.
Obviously what to do about it is my choice entirely, but I was simply wondering if that was a shared sentiment, or overreaction on my part. JMHO

All due respect, but you’re not getting the point. Believe me, I know what my choices are here. It’s the fact that I have to face such a dilemma after more than a decade on this board, that has me wondering why things have changed- IMO.
There’s always been an element of arguing and debate here, it’s too simplistic to suggest otherwise. But there’s a reason why i don’t go to the S y racuse.com message boards - they simply do not bring the proper perspective on their forums, & are likewise populated by posters who are a reflection of that lack of perspective. It used to be if you wanted to throw a dig at someone on this board you’d say: “Look, this ain’t s y racuse.com, so chill out”.
Unfortunately, we can no longer use that dig, since this board has devolved largely into a “johnny-one-note” like place.
Obviously what to do about it is my choice entirely, but I was simply wondering if that was a shared sentiment, or overreaction on my part. JMHO

My friend, honestly, if this is indeed "such a dilemma" for you, I'd say life has been quite good to you. :)

My friend, honestly, if this is indeed "such a dilemma" for you, I'd say life has been quite good to you. :)
LOL- Touche', my friend.
Just threw in a lil' "Corporate Coach-speak" and didn't realize it.
Spent all morning w/ clients and that's always been my opening question: "What's your dilemma"?
My bad...and thanks for the laugh. ;)

No kidding. 4-1. Beat Duke a week ago. Things are looking better. And all we have is thread after thread and post after post of negativity by the same 6, 7, 8 posters. Killing JB, GMAC, our recruiting, Buddy, Frank, Chewy, Oshae, our own recruits, the state of the program, Hopkins, etc, etc. Many posts and/or threads have been deleted. So it’s been worse than people can even see. The guilty ones are the ones who are negative about anything and everything always.

It’s getting pretty tiring and isn’t going to go on much longer. Yea, take that as a warning people.

It's exhausting. Same people different threads. Everything is negative and never anything positive to add. 4-1 in ACC with a road W at Duke. oddly many of those same complainers disappeared after that one.

40A64F51-8EBE-49D8-BBCA-AF90C839DD5D.png

Why leave home when youre only doing one year anyways??? Yea isaiah. Why do that?

Oshae was by far one of the best frosh in the country last year. That ends your argument.

No, it doesn't -- there are plenty of frosh that did better than their expectations, and it wasn't that much of a surprise given our lack of options on O. It's not like I'm saying he was chopped liver, he was a great recruit; he was not a top 20 recruit however anyone wants to spin it IMHO, to me saying that is an attempt to sustain this narrative that we are really recruiting at this elite level. If you want to believe he was a recruit the caliber of Stewart (the subject of this thread), feel free to do so though.

Last edited:
No, it doesn't -- there are plenty of frosh that did better than their expectations, and it wasn't that much of a surprise given our lack of options on O. It's not like I'm saying he was chopped liver, he was a great recruit; he was not a top 20 recruit however anyone wants to spin it IMHO, to me saying that is an attempt to sustain this narrative that we are really recruiting at this elite level. If you want to believe he was a recruit the caliber of Stewart (the subject of this thread), feel free to do so though.

Oshae was not a top 5 recruit in the country. Thats true. I think the last one of those we had was carmelo. Before that, was it billy owens and then coleman? So, 3 in say 30 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.