Class of 2023 - PF Joseph "JP" Estrella (ME / Brewster) Offered | Page 40 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 PF Joseph "JP" Estrella (ME / Brewster) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow this one is gonna sting. Really thought we had a good shot with him. Oh well, life moves on I guess

Yes but that was UK doing it solo.. barndoors are wide open now with NIL.
Auburn, Tenn and LSU all have too. They’re just too lousy of basketball cultures to achieve anything.

They only list the programs with CBs there.

A second CB dropped today for Tenn with confidence score of 8.
I have one question about that. How did an Indiana contributer get solid info about where a kid playing in Maine, Indiana not heavily involved would be commiting to? I say Horsefeathers.

Auburn, Tenn and LSU all have too. They’re just too lousy of basketball cultures to achieve anything.

Far more now though. Auburn is getting closer. Talent can win in spite of culture.

If Bruce Pearl wins a future ‘ship ill drop the sport. Gotta draw the line somewhere

Well better brace yourself then because more guys like Bruce are going to have chips in this environment

I have one question about that. How did an Indiana contributer get solid info about where a kid playing in Maine, Indiana not heavily involved would be commiting to? I say Horsefeathers.
Sensed the direction the wind was blowing via aau connections and took a gamble to get clicks so he can get paid. That’s my guess.

Wow this one is gonna sting. Really thought we had a good shot with him. Oh well, life moves on I guess
I really do hate being negative but I’m really worried about Tennessee. They’re most likely in the lead right now and the Syracuse staff has to step up their recruitment of him if they want him here.

Have to be honest, recruiting has lost a ton of appeal to me with NIL. Just not as interesting and feels like the bigge$t program$ are going to win out. Boeheim found ways to win with less heralded recruiting classes (Top 100 guys sprinkled with a couple Top 50 guys) in the late 90s and early 00s so he can do it.

I really do hate being negative but I’m really worried about Tennessee. They’re most likely in the lead right now and the Syracuse staff has to step up their recruitment of him if they want him here.

Unfortunately it is a quiet period so the only in person contact we can make is if he came back to campus. It’s gonna all have to be done on the phone.

Sensed the direction the wind was blowing via aau connections and took a gamble to get clicks so he can get paid. That’s my guess.
Ah a guess, well I can make a guess and it would not be an 8 on the probability scale.

250k and pretty girls is hard to beat. Hopefully the coop steps up and the kid stays local if not Red can hit the portal

On3's percentages had Cuse in the lead for a while, but just shifted to 89.9% Tenn and 3.3% Cuse. 3 CBs for Tenn now (and still 1 for Iowa). I sense with less than 2 weeks to go, analysists are scrambling to log predictions and have heard chatter in favor of Tenn and it started to domino. Hopefully the rumors didn't originate with JP.

Barring a surprise, we’re gonna need to hit the portal.
10 things i hate about you film GIF

It was obvious to me that JB felt he wasn’t coming to SU when he started ranting about fans having to step up for NIL. It’s never his fault. It has to be something else. Maybe it’s another Mintz situation. I hope I’m wrong. We haven’t heard people saying he’s been in contact with SU players on social media.

it's a dead period, so our coaches can't reach out to him, right? Doesn't mean Weitsman couldn't reach out to him, if he were inclined.

Nothing recently. I said a while back that I was really worried about Tenn. I still am.
FWIW, Tennessee is at their scholarship allotment for 2023 which is 13 the max. Now that does not mean that they are done recruiting. One of their ?returning? Players could always leave. They appear to still need a big man, center type.

in addition, Marquette who just signed a 6’8“PF is also at 13 scholarships allotted for 2023, but the same logic holds that one of their returning players could leave before 2023.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom