Class of 2022 - PF Kyle Filipowski (MA) Offered | Page 41 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PF Kyle Filipowski (MA) Offered

Completely shocked. I figured with K being gone that Duke would struggle to get top kids to commit to a unproven coach.
Seriously, Scheyer has been one of the best recruiters in the country. Landed Zion, lands all these players. If he gets solid players, he doesn’t even need to know how to coach. But I’m pretty sure he’s going to have no issues coaching after playing in the system and then sitting on the bench. (Kills me to write something so positive but it’s true)

I'm vacationing right now with my in-laws who are all Dook grads. Is it bad that I feel like punching my father-in-law in the nose after he told me that they just picked up a pretty good recruit? He had no idea that Syracuse was the front runner or even involved. Well maybe no punch, but he's buying dinner tonight... can you say lobster and steak along with the most expensive wine on the menu?
They’re Duke fans and in laws so I have no doubt they have no clue flip committed and may not even know who he is.

Seriously, Scheyer has been one of the best recruiters in the country. Landed Zion, lands all these players. If he gets solid players, he doesn’t even need to know how to coach. But I’m pretty sure he’s going to have no issues coaching after playing in the system and then sitting on the bench. (Kills me to write something so positive but it’s true)
Yeah it’s kinda obvious at the least he’ll be a high level recruiter considering thats already established. We’ll have to wait and see about the coaching part just like the kids will. I’m not convinced he’ll be a great coach just because he came out of a great system we’ve seen that fail many times in this sport and many others but I believe at minimum he’ll be better than Woj, Capel, and Dawkins. All in all they shouldn’t worry but neither should we.

Unfortunately, the writing has been on the wall since Flip took a dookie.

JT and JG3 gave him well wishes but are not impressed...
Screenshot_20210729-122654_Instagram.jpg

Last edited:
$$$$ landed Zion

Dynasty? Don't you need to win titles in consecutive years? when's their last Final 4?
That would be 2015 when they won a NC. Came up short in 2018 and 2019 when they lost in the elite 8.

Not bad having your twin sons go to college free to Duke and Harvard. It doesn’t get much better than that. Congratulations.
No athletic scholarship at Harvard, but I am sure there is some obscure one of two twin scholarship that will open up.

Harvard's endowment sits at 53+ billion. Nothing obscure about that.

This. ^^^

Harvard could offer free tuition, plus free room & board to EVERY student, and easily pay for it just out of a portion of the dividends and interest of their endowment, and not touch a penny of the principal.

But of course they don’t do that.

Obscenely Rich people (and organizations) don’t get richer and richer if they give table scraps to others less fortunate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom