Class of 2022 - PF Kyle Filipowski (MA) Offered | Page 39 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PF Kyle Filipowski (MA) Offered

Yes. He’s the key for a chance for JB to get another NC. Unfortunately, it doesn’t look good for SU to get a commitment from him.
No hes not lol. Sure he'd be a fantastic get but we all saw this coming when Duke came in to the picture. I think Peter Carey could become really freaking good. Maybe not top 5 like Flip but, surely he has top 50 potential. It's not often you get a 7'1 big that moves like he does defensively and dunks everything. The transfer portal exist too you know. I've always thought 2022 is the year. I mean look at what Texas did in the portal this year. I think if we could even do a third of that were national championship contenders

No hes not lol. Sure he'd be a fantastic get but we all saw this coming when Duke came in to the picture. I think Peter Carey could become really freaking good. Maybe not top 5 like Flip but, surely he has top 50 potential. It's not often you get a 7'1 big that moves like he does defensively and dunks everything. The transfer portal exist too you know. I've always thought 2022 is the year. I mean look at what Texas did in the portal this year. I think if we could even do a third of that were national championship contenders
By the time Carey is ready to play at the college level, the 2022 recruits will already be gone. Carey can dunk on offense, but that’s about it. There is zero comparison to Flip in regards to basketball skills. Carey might have potential but he is is poor consolation prize compared to Flip. Once again, SU fans overrate recruits. You win national championships with elite talent.

By the time Carey is ready to play at the college level, the 2022 recruits will already be gone. Carey can dunk on offense, but that’s about it. There is zero comparison to Flip in regards to basketball skills. Carey might have potential but he is is poor consolation prize compared to Flip. Once again, SU fans overrate recruits. You win national championships with elite talent.

Ehhhh….Recent history has a lot of 3-4 year stars winning.

Flip not coming here has nothing to do with lack of effort from the staff though. It’s not like they aren’t trying

You guys hanging on Flip as the make or break for success are killing me. Talk about H0T Takes galore. You are talking about a team and players that are 15 months from putting an Orange uniform on and a recruiting class and roster yet to take full shape.

wrong. Carey is actually a much better defender and athlete than Flip. All you guys do is base your opinion off rankings. Calling him a consolation prize is just am insult tbh. You act like he's Craig Forth or some

and also just because Flip is a potential lottery pick doesn't discredit Peter Carey whatsoever. I think he could be a huge piece for Syracuse. We're acting like once he becomes a top 100 guy he isn't going to do anything, yet we haven't gotten a highly ranked big man that did remotely anything for the program since Tyler Lydon

Yes. He’s the key for a chance for JB to get another NC. Unfortunately, it doesn’t look good for SU to get a commitment from him.
I will agree, not looking good for Flip to come here cause he’s not. Not for a lack of effort on the staffs part though.

I will say recruiting is an in exact science. Would Flip help our team? Absolutely. But there are other players other than Flip we can get that could help us get back into the natty convo. Example: Hakim Warrick was an afterthought to an afterthought when we recruited him and turned out to be a huge piece to our championship team. We’ll always get players that outperform what people expect (think Buddy now) and there will always be people to underperform. Yeah it sucks losing out on good kids, but you are gonna lose out on more of those recruiting battles than you win because everyone wants them. Can’t get too high and can’t get too low on recruiting cause you never truly know what you are gonna get.

I will say that I like Kyle Filipowski but if Syracuse was to sign him, he would drop from the Top 5 to out of the top 50. That said, who cares. If Kyle is the player Syracuse wants and gets, then it will not matter where he is ranked. We liked him when he was ranked 57 in one poll.

Flip is a terrific talent, but he wasn't the "must get" for me. My "must get" is a real PG, with all this shooting talent assembled around the roster.

Back to the big guys, I'd be very happy with Peter Carey, who looks hard working, scrappy and capable offensively in his video. It's all about how the pieces fit together. You don't have to have the highest rated guy at each position to have the best team.

Flip is a terrific talent, but he wasn't the "must get" for me. My "must get" is a real PG, with all this shooting talent assembled around the roster.

Back to the big guys, I'd be very happy with Peter Carey, who looks hard working, scrappy and capable offensively in his video. It's all about how the pieces fit together. You don't have to have the highest rated guy at each position to have the best team.
I am down with this. But, I always saw Flip as the guy that keeps every other guy at a position that most suits them. Especially if we still have Jesse. That would mean we are huge and Lands can play SF and Taylor can play SG. Either way, if we can land a class of Copeland, Taylor, Lands and Carey, that is solid. Add Westry, Bunch or Starling to that group and it becomes phenomenal. Add two of those three and we are straight up loaded.

I am down with this. But, I always saw Flip as the guy that keeps every other guy at a position that most suits them. Especially if we still have Jesse. That would mean we are huge and Lands can play SF and Taylor can play SG. Either way, if we can land a class of Copeland, Taylor, Lands and Carey, that is solid. Add Westry, Bunch or Starling to that group and it becomes phenomenal. Add two of those three and we are straight up loaded.

No question, we would be freaking loaded if he came here. The question would be whether there are enough basketballs. Gotta play a lot more kids than we've been doing if you have this many talented players on the roster.

No question, we would be freaking loaded if he came here. The question would be whether there are enough basketballs. Gotta play a lot more kids than we've been doing if you have this many talented players on the roster.
Agreed, at the end of the day, kids will look at the last couple of years and see that we keep a very tight rotation. Hopefully they will look back a few years to when we played 9 or 10 guys.

wrong. Carey is actually a much better defender and athlete than Flip. All you guys do is base your opinion off rankings. Calling him a consolation prize is just am insult tbh. You act like he's Craig Forth or some
Craig Forth? Isn't he the guy who has a national championship ring? I'll take an effective role player like him without hesitation.

I will agree, not looking good for Flip to come here cause he’s not. Not for a lack of effort on the staffs part though.

I will say recruiting is an in exact science. Would Flip help our team? Absolutely. But there are other players other than Flip we can get that could help us get back into the natty convo. Example: Hakim Warrick was an afterthought to an afterthought when we recruited him and turned out to be a huge piece to our championship team. We’ll always get players that outperform what people expect (think Buddy now) and there will always be people to underperform. Yeah it sucks losing out on good kids, but you are gonna lose out on more of those recruiting battles than you win because everyone wants them. Can’t get too high and can’t get too low on recruiting cause you never truly know what you are gonna get.
Warrick was not an afterthought to an afterthought. The staff LOVED him and wanted him very badly, it's just that they didn't identify him until after they were already really deep into recruiting Hodge. There was some tricky roster management going on at that point and the staff told him to hold off on committing but I believe they would have figured out a way to get him onboard even if Hodge committed. They liked him that much and knew that the feeling was mutual.

Warrick was not an afterthought to an afterthought. The staff LOVED him and wanted him very badly, it's just that they didn't identify him until after they were already really deep into recruiting Hodge. There was some tricky roster management going on at that point and the staff told him to hold off on committing but I believe they would have figured out a way to get him onboard even if Hodge committed. They liked him that much and knew that the feeling was mutual.
Glad to see some perspective shared from one of our recruiting insiders who was around back then. Yea, I always heard the staff loved Hak and got him to commit right after Hodge spurned us.

Craig Forth? Isn't he the guy who has a national championship ring? I'll take an effective role player like him without hesitation.
Craig Forth, the principal?

tt.jpg

As for Flip, would be an amazing get, but I'm in the camp of REALLY wanting to land a solid "true" PG probably more than anything.

Craig Forth, the principal?

View attachment 203987

As for Flip, would be an amazing get, but I'm in the camp of REALLY wanting to land a solid "true" PG probably more than anything.

THIS.

A true PG, and a Big.

Adding Bunch to that haul would be the gravy on the icing. ;)

NOT that we wouldn’t welcome Flip as that Big with open arms, but he’s seemingly all-Dook all the time now, so not gonna hold my breath.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom