Class of 2022 - PF Kyle Filipowski (MA) Offered | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PF Kyle Filipowski (MA) Offered

Think about having this kid, Kamari and then Clingan wow not to mention who else comes back.

We
We usually don’t get in late with kids like this.
we usually don’t do well when we get in late with kids like him. Exception being Roc Christmas and Frank Anselem. His favorites are Ohio State, Iowa and UCLA. One thing is that Iowa and UCLA both picked up new centers in 2021; Mulvey at Iowa and Ettienne at UCLA.

Ohio State only has 1 center returning. We may have 2. Both Ohio State and Syracuse have offered Donovan Clingan.

Its Always Sunny Philadelphia GIF

I don’t see him as a center. He could play it in a pinch, but offensively he play# inside and out. Good shooter, ball handler and looks athletic.

Hes a stretch 4 that can play the 5 for us. What is our offer situation like for guys in the 22 class that aren't wing/guard players? Clingan (Mulvey is out) and who else? Kid is pushing 6'11 and over 215lbs already (his twin is 6'11 235ish) I would love for the staff to try and sell him on playing with DC but idk if that's whats happening here? Maybe someone with some inside knowledge might have a better idea at what role we are trying to sell him on? I see him as a Tyler Lydon type of player.

He has a fraternal twin that he also plays with. Matt Filipowski. He is an inch taller than Kyle and has offers from Pitt and some Ivy League schools.
Wonder why they wouldn’t offer as a package deal. May be a good bet to land them. Even if Matt isn’t as good. He is a tall body for the bench to develop.

He has a fraternal twin that he also plays with. Matt Filipowski. He is an inch taller than Kyle and has offers from Pitt and some Ivy League schools.
Wonder why they wouldn’t offer as a package deal. May be a good bet to land them. Even if Matt isn’t as good. He is a tall body for the bench to develop.
Do you think that we could pull off the...
giphy.gif

Anyone remember the last NY Rens kid we signed? I feel like we’ve struck out quite a bit with them & the PSA Cardinals AAU programs recently.

EDIT: Just looked up their alumni &, dating back to 2013, the only one we’ve landed was Alan Griffin, obviously via transfer.

Last edited:
If we press him hard enough and want him bad enough I think this one can get wrapped up quick. Also like this kid and think it would be a good get. He’d be a program guy where he’ll be a contributor for a few years and not a 1 and done or 2 and done. He’s one of those players in my opinion that will be a really good college player but a fringe NBA talent. These are the types of kids we need and quite frankly these are the types of kids that places like Villanova and Virginia build their programs off of. I hope he comes here and I think he’s a good compliment at the 4 to Lands at the 3. This kid could also slide over to the 5 if need be.
Looks like a potential blow up to me. Size strength and a spin cycle that looks like a skinned dude who played here.

If we press him hard enough and want him bad enough I think this one can get wrapped up quick. Also like this kid and think it would be a good get. He’d be a program guy where he’ll be a contributor for a few years and not a 1 and done or 2 and done. He’s one of those players in my opinion that will be a really good college player but a fringe NBA talent. These are the types of kids we need and quite frankly these are the types of kids that places like Villanova and Virginia build their programs off of. I hope he comes here and I think he’s a good compliment at the 4 to Lands at the 3. This kid could also slide over to the 5 if need be.

What makes you say that?

The article tonight indicates that today was the first time he's heard from us -- whereas several other high major schools have been on him awhile. Why do you think that we can wrap this up quick, given that?

It's pretty strange that we would show interest this late* to a kid we have known about for a long time -- since he plays for the same AAU program as two kids we recruited heavily.

Makes me think we know something that could make this a positive recruitment. Or that we're just grasping for straws.

*When I say late, I mean for a Top 60 kid. Usually those guys are relatively high on your priority list to start with.

It's pretty strange that we would show interest this late* to a kid we have known about for a long time -- since he plays for the same AAU program as two kids we recruited heavily.

Makes me think we know something that could make this a positive recruitment. Or that we're just grasping for straws.

*When I say late, I mean for a Top 60 kid. Usually those guys are relatively high on your priority list to start with.

When you look at the profiles of guys who have done well recently his game matches. We utilized Marek as a do it all type of player and this kid wants a chance to be a jack of all trades. Marek is a great example.

Or bad news on another big man recruit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom