Class of 2022 - PF Kyle Filipowski (MA) Offered | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PF Kyle Filipowski (MA) Offered

If we press him hard enough and want him bad enough I think this one can get wrapped up quick. Also like this kid and think it would be a good get. He’d be a program guy where he’ll be a contributor for a few years and not a 1 and done or 2 and done. He’s one of those players in my opinion that will be a really good college player but a fringe NBA talent. These are the types of kids we need and quite frankly these are the types of kids that places like Villanova and Virginia build their programs off of. I hope he comes here and I think he’s a good compliment at the 4 to Lands at the 3. This kid could also slide over to the 5 if need be.

I think Lands is going to be at the 2, personally.

So one thing I think that may be starting to come out is that Gerry is a unreal competitor which we all saw first hand and replays for our younger posters. I'm sure Red and Griff want to win just as badly- but someone on this staff needed to say enough is enough and start kicking this thing in the ass. That was exactly what Hop did. Maybe GMac is finding his voice and his groove as a coach/recruiter. As a guy who simply loathes losing and mediocrity as though it's a crime- maybe he has had enough. I am not saying JB doesn't share that but really at 77 he needs his staff to be the workhorses.

If Gmac gets this done I'd have to say a lot of us (including myself) were too harsh in our judgement of his people / recruiting skills.
I guess as in any vocation, practice, experience, & time are needed to excel in most fields.
No matter how this particular recruitment works out it is obvious Gmac is upping his game !
Way to go Gmac !!!

We

we usually don’t do well when we get in late with kids like him. Exception being Roc Christmas and Frank Anselem. His favorites are Ohio State, Iowa and UCLA. One thing is that Iowa and UCLA both picked up new centers in 2021; Mulvey at Iowa and Ettienne at UCLA.

Ohio State only has 1 center returning. We may have 2. Both Ohio State and Syracuse have offered Donovan Clingan.
We got in late on Fab Melo too.

This would be another Gerry pickup too. He’s really coming around and starting to prove the initial doubters (myself included) wrong.
Just so you guys know, Gerry is the “main recruiter” in almost all the recruiting. Griff scouts and creates relationships and a lot of times the kid gets to Gerry and JB. Red is in a similar role as Griff, but he prefers to do a lot of it with just him and not bring Gerry in. There is a set system in place. And I mean very set... You guys put way too much into whos recruit a person is. It is always a team effort and not always the people they recruit is who the whole staff wants on the team either. Just giving some inside info about stuff when it comes to Gmac that people obsess over ...

with that being said- the asst coaches know they need JB more involved to close now. The more he’s involved the more success they will have. It’s that simple

Just so you guys know, Gerry is the “main recruiter” in almost all the recruiting. Griff scouts and creates relationships and a lot of times the kid gets to Gerry and JB. Red is in a similar role as Griff, but he prefers to do a lot of it with just him and not bring Gerry in. There is a set system in place. And I mean very set... You guys put way too much into whos recruit a person is. It is always a team effort and not always the people they recruit is who the whole staff wants on the team either. Just giving some inside info about stuff when it comes to Gmac that people obsess over ...

with that being said- the asst coaches know they need JB more involved to close now. The more he’s involved the more success they will have. It’s that simple

Wouldn’t say I obsess over it lol, just find it interesting especially with the bad rep he has gotten in the past. I also think it’s important when the time comes for Boeheim’s replacement.
And it’s definitely true about Boeheim’s involvement. Both Flip and Cole have recently mentioned how much it meant to hear directly from coach. It’s a big deal for sure.

Wouldn’t say I obsess over it lol, just find it interesting especially with the bad rep he has gotten in the past. I also think it’s important when the time comes for Boeheim’s replacement.
And it’s definitely true about Boeheim’s involvement. Both Flip and Cole have recently mentioned how much it meant to hear directly from coach. It’s a big deal for sure.
No no sorry I wasn’t talking about you. I was talking about the perception on the board about Gerry. “You guys”have no idea how hard these asst coaches truly work

Sounds to me like JB is grooming Gerry as his successor

Really good stuff and appreciate the breakdown. This makes a ton of sense and definitely clears things up. Your point on bringing JB in makes a lot of sense too and funny how on every recruiting call that is talked about it's mentioned how JB is right there etc.

good stuff.
thx

What about taking a flyer on Flip’s brother Matt?
6-11 center who has a good body frame and plays like Craig Forth

Are they twins?

Why are they in the same class?

He's got a Pitt offer, to go with a bunch of mid-tier type of offers [Marist, Stony Brook, Bryant, etc.].

Are they twins?

Why are they in the same class?

He's got a Pitt offer, to go with a bunch of mid-tier type of offers [Marist, Stony Brook, Bryant, etc.].

yes they are twins. At least a couple articles said they were.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom