Class of 2022 - PF Maliq Brown (VA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PF Maliq Brown (VA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome Maliq,

1634404914865.jpeg

Brown was 185 last year and filled in nicely to 210 today. I expect he will be around 225 or 230 by the end of next summer. He is not going to be a string bean.

I think we can look forward to stronger rebounding team that is a lot harder to score against inside over the next few years.

This class is going to dissapoint those wanting a sexy high profile class but honestly I think it's underated quite a bit already. Each of these guys last year is going to be important and hopefully they all make the most of it. Having all of them knowing where they are going and what they need to focus on is a really nice plus.

Defensive potential is high for next year to say the least.

i think he fell out of the top 100 because there was no HS hoops in VA last year.

hopefully he has a good season and is ready to be here for a few years. stoked on this.

The pandemic has effecively thrown recruiting rankings and recruiting in general off it's base a little. Add the portal and it's fair I think to say that you may see more kids who "come outta nowhere" to be impact players early with others not hitting the mark as expected. EYBL was even different this year with more kids sitting out etc due to CoVid, fatigue etc.

This certainly doesn't guarantee us anything but it's fair to say I think that maybe more than any year the rankings aren't gonna mean much for 22. The two most important years for evaluation of these kids has been a whirlwind.

He’s wanted Cuse for awhile now. After his last visit it was a wrap. He’ll be good here. Like I said, probably won’t even be a star or the “go to” guy here. But he fits our system and what we ask our fowards to do very well. I’m happy with this. This class may not be as “highly ranked” as everyone was originally hoping but all these dudes can play. They are all very big, long and athletic for their positions as well which is nice to get back too. On top of that an underrated part of this class is each of their skill sets seem to compliment each other’s games VERY well. There are no “one and dones” in this class, they will all be around 3-4 years which is huge for a program now a days and I think these guys know they’ll be around that long and not expecting to be “one and dones”. I like this class even though we had some misses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom