Class of 2025 - PF Matthew Gilhool (PA) Offered | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 PF Matthew Gilhool (PA) Offered

Sounds like it'll be a while yet if he's not trimming his list until the end of spring.

Uses his off hand, including a dunk in traffic. A lot to like.
He usually hangs on the room with his off hand too.

Smart, don't want to cut your shooting hand.

This kid is ranked anywhere from 60-75 on the Top 100 lists.
  • Am I crazy to think he is going to greatly outperform those projections?
  • Maybe this '25 class is loaded, but dang if he doesn't play smooth and seeminly worthy of a top 30-35 projection.
  • And I decidedly not worried about his weight/strength. He's wiry strong. Nothing like it.

This kid is ranked anywhere from 60-75 on the Top 100 lists.
  • Am I crazy to think he is going to greatly outperform those projections?
  • Maybe this '25 class is loaded, but dang if he doesn't play smooth and seeminly worthy of a top 30-35 projection.
  • And I decidedly not worried about his weight/strength. He's wiry strong. Nothing like it.
I agree with you. I think he will rise in the rankings. I'm sure it has been discussed, but what was his AAU situation. If he plays on a good AAU squad, his ranking will rise quickly.

I keep forgetting he is a lefty, which is a subtle advantage. Maybe not so subtle, actually.

SU's top lefties: DC(!), Stevie Thompson, CJ Fair, Todd Burgan, Rick Jackson, Greg Monroe, Josh Pace, Terrance Roberts, BJ Johnson.
Maybe Herman Harried?
BJ Johnson? That's a stretch calling a player whose career at SU tallied less than 120 points a top lefty.

DC was only 215, but was strong, and played with an edge.
He also played at a time where there were not a lot of skilled bruisers. I think that’s why Larry Johnson was so good. There were few like him in college.

He also played at a time where there were not a lot of skilled bruisers. I think that’s why Larry Johnson was so good. There were few like him in college.
Even when DC was young other people were afraid of him.
There have been for years rumors of DC and football players.

I agree with you. I think he will rise in the rankings. I'm sure it has been discussed, but what was his AAU situation. If he plays on a good AAU squad, his ranking will rise quickly.
I believe he is running with Team Final this summer.

Hard Disagree. You must not have been there.
Derrick fended quite well with the following players of his era (did not play against all of them): JR Reid, Alonzo Morning, Jerome Lane, Terry Mills, Joe Wolfe, Charles Smith, Pervis Ellison, Danny Ferry, Stacy King, Shawn Kemp, Danny Manning, Dikembe Mutumbo, Fennis Dembo, Rick Smits, Jerome Lane, Loy Vaught, Jayson Williams. All these dudes were first-rounders.

Derrick fended quite well with the following players of his era (did not play against all of them): JR Reid, Alonzo Morning, Jerome Lane, Terry Mills, Joe Wolfe, Charles Smith, Pervis Ellison, Danny Ferry, Stacy King, Shawn Kemp, Danny Manning, Dikembe Mutumbo, Fennis Dembo, Rick Smits, Jerome Lane, Loy Vaught, Jayson Williams. All these dudes were first-rounders.
How about Jerome Lane?!

That list alone brought a smile to my face. Those were great days

Only a couple of those guys would be considered “beefy”, even for those times. Alonzo was built, but I don’t think he would stand out physically now like he did then.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom