Class of 2017 - PF Nick Richards (NJ) to Kentucky | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PF Nick Richards (NJ) to Kentucky

Yeah I mean the (hot) take is that if Richards picks UK over us then he must be paid. Yeah I get it Cal is the worst. But come on. The
My personal feeling is not that we would lose Richards because he is getting paid by UK. Green, on the other hand...anyway, I just think that a few years of Duke grabbing the big time recruits from UK won't sit well in Lexington, and Cal will be forced to go back to his bag of tricks.

Yeah I mean the (hot) take is that if Richards picks UK over us then he must be paid. Yeah I get it Cal is the worst. But come on. The
Sorry but I think that also ... Richards has been to the 'Cuse several times, obviously is all over the staff, etc. So, while not I'm not saying every recruit we lose to UK is on the take, there is certainly a foul odor about the program that makes me wonder. Not to mention the academics for UK BB players are farcical ... UK makes UNC look like Harvard.

Sorry but I think that also ... Richards has been to the 'Cuse several times, obviously is all over the staff, etc. So, while not I'm not saying every recruit we lose to UK is on the take, there is certainly a foul odor about the program that makes me wonder. Not to mention the academics for UK BB players are farcical ... UK makes UNC look like Harvard.

I could definitely see a recruit commiting to UK on the spot. Hell I 'm worried about QG going to their Midnight Madness. And "getting paid" doesn't figure into that calculus at all.

My sense is that Cal probably had to prime the pump with lots of cash when he first got to UK, but now it is sort of a self perpetuating feedback loop where there isn't a need to cheat much at all. I have no idea, just the feeling I get as an outside observer. Syracuse is going to need a basketball dorm within the next few years to stay competitive though.

Syracuse is going to need a basketball dorm within the next few years to stay competitive though.
Agreed 100 %. So do you attach it to Melo or to the new Dome with private box access to watch football/lax/women's hoop or for your family to watch men's hoop. That would be awesome.
MilwaukeePark_Credit_MilwaukeePark-300x20071.jpg

I could definitely see a recruit commiting to UK on the spot. Hell I 'm worried about QG going to their Midnight Madness. And "getting paid" doesn't figure into that calculus at all.
Does for me. PPC doesn't have a reputation for cheating for no reason, they have no academics, a bunch of rappers "supporting" the program and boosters who will do anything. If that sounds clean to you, BOL.

They have tons to offer. But, not enough to logically explain their recruiting dominance starting a few years back when Cal first got to UK. I believe it was Mason that heard that UK was no longer paying players a few years ago, because Cal had successfully built the myth to the point that kids thought that Cal "got guys to the league". But, a couple of years ago Duke decided to compete with UK for recruits and started getting the number one class each year. As more and more top notch players choose other schools over UK, we will see Cal go back to his bag of tricks, and I think he is feeling the pressure and he will do what it takes this year. In order to do that, though, you have to have kids willing to be paid off.
I was told by a good source they told a current SU player he would not be required to go to class or take exams. As much as anything, that is why he is at SU.

I was told by a good source they told a current SU player he would not be required to go to class or take exams. As much as anything, that is why he is at SU.
Sure lol. That's why Fab Melo, who's as likely as anyone to "skip" classes if SU allowed that, was struggling with exams and having to attend remedial classes.

What are you drinking tonight, Cap't?

Sure lol. That's why Fab Melo, who's as likely as anyone to "skip" classes if SU allowed that, was struggling with exams and having to attend remedial classes.

He meant UK told the player that. It was Coleman if I recall. It was a huge turn off for Coleman.

I think you missed my point. The player felt insulted by Kentucky.
The player wanted an education and to be a student.

I'm telling you this is big. Or just strange. Players have lately been making seemingly "extra" visits after it is pretty certain they are going to a specific school. TT and AW3 did it, now Green is doing it, and here is Ninja Nick doing it. I don't really understand it, but it appears to give us at least a Lloyd Christmas 1 in a million shot to get NR so I'll take it.

I admit, I went over to rupp rafters to check and see if they had anything to say about Richards or Quade, and I see this at the top of the page...some good laughs on what they think of us. Especially how Jim Boeheim is a proven cheater part and how Syracuse is in western Ny.
https://kentucky.forums./threads/if...-to-you-the-syracuse-recruiting-board.213445/

I admit, I went over to rupp rafters to check and see if they had anything to say about Richards or Quade, and I see this at the top of the page...some good laughs on what they think of us. Especially how Jim Boeheim is a proven cheater part and how Syracuse is in western Ny.
https://kentucky.forums.. . . . . ....-to-you-the-syracuse-recruiting-board.213445/
I am quoted. I do understand them defending their team and coach. And maybe they don't remember Chris Mills. And maybe Cal's past doesn't count, although nothing pinned on him (kudos to him on that by the way, he has a good system). I would probably be the same way.

I am quoted. I do understand them defending their team and coach. And maybe they don't remember Chris Mills. And maybe Cal's past doesn't count, although nothing pinned on him (kudos to him on that by the way, he has a good system). I would probably be the same way.
Where there's smoke, there's fire. Everywhere he goes, he has recruiting success, they're lying to themselves if they think he's doing just because UK is so great. They weren't reeling in a pile of 5-stars every year before Cal and World Wide Wes showed up, so the reputation of the school wasn't doing it then. Cal brings in No.1 recruiting classes and leaves vacated final fours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom