Class of 2020 - PF Noah Collier | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 PF Noah Collier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syracuse- “I’m really close with their staff as well, I like them a lot. They came down to Westtown a couple times, probably a month or so ago, just to talk really. They like me a lot. It’s a great campus, great atmosphere, and that’s really their biggest pitch. It’s awesome there, has great history, and they have a great history with people like me.”

Syracuse- “I’m really close with their staff as well, I like them a lot. They came down to Westtown a couple times, probably a month or so ago, just to talk really. They like me a lot. It’s a great campus, great atmosphere, and that’s really their biggest pitch. It’s awesome there, has great history, and they have a great history with people like me.”

I know others have said it was either/or with him and Woody but any chance we try to take both, especially if Andre drags the process along? Boeheim always says his players aren’t labeled as “SFs” and “PFs”, rather as forwards.

I know others have said it was either/or with him and Woody but any chance we try to take both, especially if Andre drags the process along? Boeheim always says his players aren’t labeled as “SFs” and “PFs”, rather as forwards.
I'm open to the idea of taking Noah if we also have Andre and Buddy comes off scholly. I have no interest in an early commit from Noah if it costs us our chance at Andre. Andre is my number 1 target for this class. I do like Noah's game though and take his drop in the ranking with a grain of salt.

Noah just isn't that good compared to the other two. Had a shitty circuit

There's better options than Collier even if we don't get Jackson. Kid just hasn't improved.

Noah checking in at #95 in the latest 2020 top 100 on ESPN...
Screenshot_20190624-132724_Chrome.jpg

Sometimes kids hit temporary walls on improving, especially if they hit a growth spurt.

I can see us taking Newton and Jackson, or Newton and Collier, but no way all three.

If Collier wants to commit before Jackson is ready to make a decision, does Syracuse accept it and cut ties to Jackson?

I can see us taking Newton and Jackson, or Newton and Collier, but no way all three.

If Collier wants to commit before Jackson is ready to make a decision, does Syracuse accept it and cut ties to Jackson?
I don't know anything, but I feel pretty confident the answer is no.

Why not all 3? Plenty of scenarios in play where we need some forward help in 2020.

Braswell, Hughes, Guerrier and Dolezaj could all leave in various scenarios.

I actually like this kid a ton. Jackson is a talent for sure but so is Collier. Would love to get both.

Why not all 3? Plenty of scenarios in play where we need some forward help in 2020.

Agreed -- I think if you have the opportunity to get him, you take him.

Of course, the need for him might be diminished if Braswell [for example] blows up this year. But all things being equal otherwise, load up.

Taking 3 small forwards in one class is tough. Especially when there are 4 other forwards on the roster, none of which are seniors.

By my count, that would take us to 15 scholarship athletes for 2020. Not a big fan of overbooking scholarships that way.

To me, taking 3 players who play the same position in the same class is a waste of precious resources. Good roster management says identify the 2 you want most (and want you) and take them. Keep the roster balanced. If we need an extra center, it would be good to have room to take one.

Braswell
Dolezaj
Guerrier
Hughes
Newton
Jackson
Collier
Edwards
Sidibe
Bol Ajak
Girard
Boeheim
Washington
Goodine
Carey

Taking 3 small forwards in one class is tough. Especially when there are 4 other forwards on the roster, none of which are seniors.

By my count, that would take us to 15 scholarship athletes for 2020. Not a big fan of overbooking scholarships that way.

To me, taking 3 players who play the same position in the same class is a waste of precious resources. Good roster management says identify the 2 you want most (and want you) and take them. Keep the roster balanced. If we need an extra center, it would be good to have room to take one.

Braswell
Dolezaj
Guerrier
Hughes
Newton
Jackson
Collier
Edwards
Sidibe
Bol Ajak
Girard
Boeheim
Washington
Goodine
Carey

I think it is reasonable to expect that one of either Newton or Collier [or both, frankly] end up being power forwards in our system.

Braswell
Dolezaj
Guerrier
Hughes
Newton
Jackson
Collier
Edwards
Sidibe
Bol Ajak
Girard
Boeheim
Washington
Goodine
Carey

Agreed, you shouldn't take three players who play the same position. But I don't think they do.

They all provide different skill sets - Jackson is more of a 2/3 whereas Collier & Newton more 3/4.

There’s essentially no difference between 3 & 4 in our system anyway.

Agreed, you shouldn't take three players who play the same position. But I don't think they do.

They all provide different skill sets - Jackson is more of a 2/3 whereas Collier & Newton more 3/4.

There’s essentially no difference between 3 & 4 in our system anyway.
Also don't forget, any one of them with some dedication to s&c could get big enough to move inside and play d-tackle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom