Class of 2023 - PF Papa Kante (NY) Offered | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 PF Papa Kante (NY) Offered

Dickinson isn’t happening. Cisse is a long shot. Is this kid the best option. I don’t see a guy I the portal who I like more.

is he going to reclassify? I thought we wanted an experienced big to help anchor the front line for 2023. I was hoping we could have Judah back and send him, JJ and Chance to the NBA on a high note after next season. Yes, I have big expectations for all t

is he going to reclassify? I thought we wanted an experienced big to help anchor the front line for 2023. I was hoping we could have Judah back and send him, JJ and Chance to the NBA on a high note after next season. Yes, I have big expectations for all t
Kante has always been 2023 I believe. And sometimes what we want isn’t what we get.
Of the guys left and it looking harder to get Sorber getting Kante would be a great get for 2023 and beyond.

Not being a jerk but who? This kid is top 100 player and overall from on3 as the 8th best senior center. He was committed to Michigan not Centra Michigan.
Right and my thoughts are experienced college players can garner more money and is money better spent from the collectives. If SU is lacking in NIL, they should pivot to this kid and Ty-Laur Johnson at Guard as insurance if Judah leaves.

No, you aren't being a jerk. Fair question I don't know the answer yet. But he is rated somewhere around #81 overall. That guy doesn't help us next year.

Agreed. If we are looking for answers next year, then we would need more than this in order for our center spot to be solid

Not being a jerk but who? This kid is top 100 player and overall from on3 as the 8th best senior center. He was committed to Michigan not Centra Michigan.
Counting on a freshman center to be a starter is risky business. Even five star centers are really tough to rely on year one.

Kante will probably be good in a couple of years but I think we are an established center away from really raising our ceiling this season.

Counting on a freshman center to be a starter is risky business. Even five star centers are really tough to rely on year one.

Kante will probably be good in a couple of years but I think we are an established center away from really raising our ceiling this season.
I am not counting on him starting. I think he competes with Brown and Hima to be a starter. 15 fouls at least. Would I like to have Jesse, Dickinson or Cisse, of course. Since that seems very unlikely who is the better option? Sharpe from WKU just went to Mississippi. The big name transfer are going to the big $$$. So again I agree with everyone but who is a better option then Pappa now.

Edit: We got a great transfer who wasn’t free. We’re just not ready to pay a 750k to million, yet.

Kante has always been 2023 I believe. And sometimes what we want isn’t what we get.
Of the guys left and it looking harder to get Sorber getting Kante would be a great get for 2023 and beyond.
Good, I thought he was 2024. At the very least we will have plenty of bodies to throw in the ring. Without a significant addition I think we see Brown, Benny, Chance , JJ and Judah as starters. Not great from the three but they could be very disruptive

Last edited:
No, you aren't being a jerk. Fair question I don't know the answer yet. But he is rated somewhere around #81 overall. That guy doesn't help us next year.
I don't necessarily agree with this.

Other options are projects with zero experience.

Kante >>>> Hima/Carey/Patterson

As good as he was Clingan would have fouled out of almost every game weee he a starter.

Two freshman centers, guess they think it will work or one can be converted to PF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom