Class of 2021 - PF Samson Johnson (NJ) Offered | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 PF Samson Johnson (NJ) Offered

The insiders can correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think we were too active in recruiting him.

dont know if I count as one of the insiders, but only time I have heard his name is from the offer and that’s it

He’s a big time “potential” recruit. Potential is wayyyy ahead of his skillset right now but if he puts it all together, he could be big time

So UConn has 6’9 Akok (sophomore), 6’9 Richie Springs (freshman), 6’9 Sanogo (freshman) and 7’0 Javonte Brown (freshman) all as underclass bigs this year (along with seniors Whaley and Carlton) - now Johnson in 2021. That’s 5 big men already for next year. Then going all out for Clingan in 2022. Interesting roster composition for sure

honestly kudos to Hurley for convincing 5 guys who can only play the 4 or 5 to commit within 2 cycles. Will be interesting to see if all 5 stick around

So UConn has 6’9 Akok (sophomore), 6’9 Richie Springs (freshman), 6’9 Sanogo (freshman) and 7’0 Javonte Brown (freshman) all as underclass bigs this year (along with seniors Whaley and Carlton) - now Johnson in 2021. That’s 5 big men already for next year. Then going all out for Clingan in 2022. Interesting roster composition for sure

honestly kudos to Hurley for convincing 5 guys who can only play the 4 or 5 to commit within 2 cycles. Will be interesting to see if all 5 stick around

I’m sure BuffaloCuse or some other burner account will be over here soon explaining how it’ll work.

Looks like they have 2 highly ranked guards in the '21 class too so not like they are just gonna stop recruiting at that point. Been irrelevant for a while so probably doing the same thing we usually do at Center. Bring in a bunch and just hope 1 or 2 hit and the others can leave or stick around or whatever.

We basically did the same thing with QG, Ajak, Edwards, Anselem, Woody all primarily 4/5s in last 2 classes didn't we?

Last edited:
Looks like they have 2 highly ranked guards in the '21 class too so not like they are just gonna stop recruiting at that point. Been irrelevant for a while so probably doing the same thing we usually do at Center. Bring in a bunch and just hope 1 or 2 hit and the others can leave or stick around or whatever.
They’ve picked up some nice pieces.

Best of Luck to the kid but he was way down our recruiting board.
The fact that this thread was 3 pages and most of those posts were Tweets/Instagram vids kinda showed there wasn’t much momentum at all. Even last month he mentioned schools that were calling him the most - we weren’t on that list

Yeah I think UConn hasn’t been on Macs radar for a while, and today confirms it.

OT but stop saying Hurley or Uconn can’t recruit. They’re on the up. I wish the kid well
I don’t think anyone has said he can’t recruit... the numbers speak for themselves

And when they continue to suck because Hurley is such a s*** coach, what are we allowed to say then?
Wow.

Really good point, I concur.

Sounds like the child of a gay couple, Sam and John. Amiright? Not that there’s anything wrong with that.
based on that scenario, one would have to assume that the parents would be too stylish to adorn their kid in uconnvict paraphernalia. So the whole scenario falls apart.

Yes, true. Excellent point. Perhaps a gay blind couple?

By chance, might they be named Ray "Charles" Allen and Richard " Holzschuh" Hamilton?

Because it makes sense, and a lot of the puzzle pieces snap into place.

I don’t think they would have taken Johnson if MAC was still realistic for them.
[/QUOTE]

Different positions. Samson is a 4. UConn stopped recruiting Mac after landing Sanogo. They wanted Mac for 2020 only

I don’t think they would have taken Johnson if MAC was still realistic for them.

Different positions. Samson is a 4. UConn stopped recruiting Mac after landing Sanogo. They wanted Mac for 2020 only
anyone else smell burning?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom