Class of 2018 - PF Simi Shittu (CN) to Vanderbilt | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PF Simi Shittu (CN) to Vanderbilt

I meant the threat of punishment before hand.
upload_2017-8-10_21-46-30.png

I interested in seeing if the NCAA stuff starts effecting UNC's recruiting.
I'm sure with the speed the NCAA works, especially regarding UNC, they should have another 10-15 years before their "investigation" starts to wrap up. So look for the stud second graders during recess. They won't be going to UNC!

I'm sure with the speed the NCAA works, especially regarding UNC, they should have another 10-15 years before their "investigation" starts to wrap up. So look for the stud second graders during recess. They won't be going to UNC!

I don't think so. Winter is coming soon for UNC.

All the preliminary work has been done. Initial NOV, response. Tw amended NOVs, responses. The COI's made its position clear in public statements to UNC -- it's rejecting the "wheelhouse" defense regarding excessive academic assistance (as it did with SU). UNC's hearing before the COI is next week. A decision will come down September/October time-frame and then the inevitable appeal. It'll stretch out, but most of the stretching's already been done.

Last edited:
Just imagine all the suspense going into this recruitment and when he announces a deicision time and all the suspension leading up to it and he ended up picking New Mexico?!?! That would be hilarious

I'm fine with his list as long as he doesn't decide on an ACC school.

It will be funny (to me) if he picks UNC, sanctions come down, they lose scholarships and/or postseason, Shittu scrambles to find a spot last minute, and ends up at Cuse

I know this is a long shot, and he's already taken Syracuse out of consideration, BUT some of the schools on his list are or could be involved in the scandal. Now that we have two 5 star guys committed, why not reach back out to him?

Can you imagine how stacked we'd be? We're a better landing spot than at least half the schools on his list. I know it's late, but let's pull a Kentucky and sweep in last minute?

I know this is a long shot, and he's already taken Syracuse out of consideration, BUT some of the schools on his list are or could be involved in the scandal. Now that we have two 5 star guys committed, why not reach back out to him?

Can you imagine how stacked we'd be? We're a better landing spot than at least half the schools on his list. I know it's late, but let's pull a Kentucky and sweep in last minute?

I like where your head is at - sell him on the strength of the class. Can't hurt to try. Although maybe we are out for good reason?

I like where your head is at - sell him on the strength of the class. Can't hurt to try. Although maybe we are out for good reason?

Vanderbilt is listed as the favorite to land him now (picked up a bunch of votes on the meth ball today). With the strength of our class, unless there is a big red flag we don't know about) it's ludicrous not to reach back out. Without him we have a top 10 class. Add him, and we're stacked!

In fact, if we landed Shittu the class calculator would have us the new #1!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom