Class of 2020 - PF Woody Newton (MD) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 PF Woody Newton (MD) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

On the recruiting front, the DMV area native tells Endless Motor that 6 programs are making him a priority.

“Virginia Tech, Louisville, Syracuse, Xavier, Maryland and West Virginia are the schools I’m hearing from the most right now.”

Newton is looking to get better acquainted with a few of the aforementioned programs, as he has visits lined up with two ACC powerhouses in the near future.

“I have an unofficial visit January 26th at Virginia Tech when they play Syracuse. I also have an unofficial to Louisville February 12th when they play Duke.”

The versatile junior does not have a leader or top group at this point, but a strong connection with the coaching staff and the opportunity to compete for early playing time are certainly key items in the decision-making process.

“The most important factors to me and my family are the relationship that I have with the coach and the trust in me to play and contribute a lot in my freshman year. Also what school will give me the best chance to reach my dream, which is the NBA. In addition to that, a school that has a successful department in what I want to major.”"

6101036511983_1e1e162d.jpeg

Reminds me of Rudy Gay. Except the jumper form is kinda low, no?

Was at the game yesterday with his parents. Saw him walking in and said hello briefly. Certainly looks like a prototypical Syracuse forward.

Would be really nice to kickstart 2020 with Woody and hope that Andre isn’t far behind.