Class of 2020 - PF Woody Newton (MD) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 PF Woody Newton (MD) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

In the battle for back up forward minutes, I think Newton will win out over Braswell. I think Woody comes out of a more competitive AAU and scholastic background. Based on tape, he's also more versatile in being able to put the ball on the floor as opposed to reliance on being a spot up 3 point shooter. Not sure that Braswell was a 4 star either. What do others think?

Counterpoint - Earl has been on campus in the program for 2 years.
That's a massive head start in terms of playing the 2-3 zone, which Woody will need to learn on the fly.
JB often plays the guy who screws up least on D, which (if healthy) is likely Bras.

It's kinda like comparing Southerland (Bras) to KrisJo (Woody).
Both can be very valuable players for us -
but likely that neither will this upcoming season, due to the depth ahead of them.

Counterpoint - Earl has been on campus in the program for 2 years.
That's a massive head start in terms of playing the 2-3 zone, which Woody will need to learn on the fly.
JB often plays the guy who screws up least on D, which (if healthy) is likely Bras.

It's kinda like comparing Southerland (Bras) to KrisJo (Woody).
Both can be very valuable players for us -
but likely that neither will this upcoming season, due to the depth ahead of them.
I also believe Bras was a late bloomer, and didn't play in the states for a while so he didn't have much exposure. Natural smooth athleticism but with lagging skills. Would be interesting to see a parallel universe where he played AAU and HS in the states for a longer period.

Edit: WOODY NEWTON

I also believe Bras was a late bloomer, and didn't play in the states for a while so he didn't have much exposure. Natural smooth athleticism but with lagging skills. Would be interesting to see a parallel universe where he played AAU and HS in the states for a longer period.

Edit: WOODY NEWTON
You don't need to worry about that anymore.

Home sweet dome
Screenshot_20200705-223838_Instagram.jpg