Class of 2016 - PG Alterique Gilbert (GA) Verballed to UConn | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 PG Alterique Gilbert (GA) Verballed to UConn

They love having two point guards on the floor at the same time. It should work out for them. Usually they are both good shooters though.

Uconn can thank us for gilbert

Yup -- it's actually very simple. Gilbert would likely be here if Battle didn't reopen his recruitment. Battle is our priority and Gilbert was a second option. Good luck to Gilbert. He will need it when playing the juggernaut that is the Tulane Green Wave.

Is this embarrassing?
Screen Shot 2015-07-08 at 3.52.43 PM.png

That happened to me. Never had a shoulder dislocation in my life. Dislocated it in a freak situation about 9 years ago -- probably have dislocated it 6-7 times since. Once it pops out once, the muscles/ligaments are never the same even with PT.

This is NOT at all to mock Gilbert, but why would a shoulder injury force you to leave in a wheelchair? Best to him, and I hope he recovers fully and quickly!
The pain that can come with a shoulder dislocation is pretty high, he might have been pretty dizzy and didn't have the strength to walk.

Thought he took an elbow to the throat at first. Looked real bad. Rivalry aside, always root for a player to beat injury. Hope he heals up proper.

If his shoulder keeps popping out, he may need surgery at some point to tighten it up.

If his shoulder keeps popping out, he may need surgery at some point to tighten it up.

Hope it doesn't become chronic. Plenty of talent and potential within that student athlete. Nobody deserves to be robbed of that in their youth due to injury.