Class of 2019 - PG Dakota Leffew (GA) Portal to Georgia | Page 91 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PG Dakota Leffew (GA) Portal to Georgia

syracuse program goals: win

portal player goals: get as much money as possible and set self up for as much future money as possible

aligning both of these goals is difficult although not impossible

Hurley from UCONN talked about turning down better talent for this reason

lets take heed

lets just acknowledge that a lot of players are going to act out of selfish motivations...thats just what this is...and the portal facilitates that like never before. imo, the players who are acting most out of self interest are more likely to play selfishly in the end...although the overlap is not 100%.

there may indeed be players who drag out recruitment, leak false info, play shcool against each other to up their NIl, etc...who are great team players and selfless when it comes to on the court play...but I would bet they are in the minority

most of them are going to be headaches who ower their teams ceilings even if they put up "good" stats

a player who will have no NBA chance or cannot command much NIL...otoh will likely play for the jersey ijs

my guess is that the coaches are targeting team players and avoiding prima donnas like the plague
My thoughts exactly. I have no insider info, but just based on the public display of his recruitment. If we hadn’t just hired his former Head Coach a few weeks ago, I can’t imagine we would play along this game that was his recruitment.

My thoughts exactly. I have no insider info, but just based on the public display of his recruitment. If we hadn’t just hired his former Head Coach a few weeks ago, I can’t imagine we would play along this game that was his recruitment.
yeah we dont exactly what happened and why

but at the minimum I would expect zero shenanigans from a portal player who's head caoch just became an assistant at the school recruiting him

pure specualtion but seems like we did have some shenanigans...even if minor...which sucks

A LOT of PGs came off the board in the last few weeks

i hope what happened is that SU pivoted to a bigger fish...and theres another player lined up

when I saw they offered Kadary I kinda thought leffew wasnt coming

The portal officially closes for ALL entries on Tuesday. Grad transfers must also enter by Tuesday night this year. See where things go from there I guess.

in all seriousness though, dasher what is the pivot here you think? does red have a quick succession plan in the weeds like he likes working or will this take a little time now?

Dakota, my man. Sorry it didn’t work out.

You will never know the goodness of a Hoffman coney or the wholesome joy of funeral potatoes.

No fresh goat milk either.

Enjoy Georgia.
All the spare goats milk is going to pigs now. You see what you did to us Dakota??? WE’re JUST SLOP TO YOU???

The irony is that this all seemed like a done deal until Kadary Richmond entered the portal. PLEASE let this end up being some sort of correlation. Personally I felt the last 3 years Kadary had some unfinished business in a Syracuse uniform.
Boeheim Gala is tonight. Maybe during the auction session the biggest bidder can pay for Kadary to come back lol.

Too bad. I love Kadary but think it’s not happening on our end or his. Plus he’s not a shooter and Red is obviously looking to have at least one PG who is a good shooter. I’m sure by Monday we should hear some noise on other guys we are trying for.

If Georgia fans are to be believed, he isn’t going to start there either.
And if that’s true, the fact that he was being this hotly pursued by us as a starter is baffling. And causes me great concern about the future of our program.

Officially committed to Georgia

Samuel L Jackson Reaction GIF by Coming to America